Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

On the protocols, Tuktamysheva got negative GOE on her 3 loop. However, it looked clean to me. Does anyone know why she got those scores?

Custom Title
    It turns out, Kanako's 3T was also noted as UR. Two mistakes on the jumps, one considered major - sanked her.

Protocals are up: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Elene: UR on the 3T in her combo, and some -GOE kept her TES down.
    Kaetlyn: All positive GOE.
    Ksenia: No points on the axel, but got positive GOE on everything else.
    Kanako: UR on the 3T in combo + DG in 3F, both jumps got negative GOE
    Akiko: DG on 3T-3T, edge call in lutz, major -GOE loss in both.
    Elizaveta: -GOE for fall in 3T-3T, -GOE in 3Lo, Okay everywhere else.
    Amelie: DG on 3F + -GOE, positive GOE everywhere else.
    Caroline: Level 2 step sequence -GOE on 3F + 2A..Not much GOE on her other elements, even her spins!
    Gracie: UR on 3F-3T combo, plus an edge call (ouch), level 1 combo spin and -GOE for the 2A fall.
    Polina: UR on 3Z-3T combo, negative GOE on everything but spins and those did not receive many +GOE on those.

Boy tech panel was strict on URs and edge calls. We had three downgrades and four URs. Plus 3 edge calls.

Custom Title
    Kaetlyn was a joy to watch. That efferversent personality was relayed in the program. Nice choreo that suits her.
    Loved Elena too. She has evolved into a very elegant skater.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    On the protocols, Tuktamysheva got negative GOE on her 3 loop. However, it looked clean to me. Does anyone know why she got those scores?
    You are looking at the wrong line. It was the 3T+3T that got -3, not the 3 Loop.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Elene should have been higher...Oh, forgot - it's in Canada
    It is Elene who won by a high PCS. The Canadians are 5th and 6th in PCS. Canadian champion Lacoste didn't get gifted.

All this Canada bashing from the start, before anybody else even did a clean skate like Osmond did! What happens to the insistence that falls should be penalized severely in the PCS?

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    You are looking at the wrong line. It was the 3T+3T that got -3, not the 3 Loop.
    She did get negative GOE on the 3Lo though.

Custom Title
    3Lo 5.10 -0.70 -1 -1 -2 0 0 1 -1 -2 -2 4.40

Custom Title
    Lack of steps? Zhang got dinged on her decent flip as well for lack of steps.

No, you are looking at the wrong line. She got three -1 and three -2 for the 3loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    To be fair she did get the highest TES and she's fifth in PCS...unless she got some extra GOE she wouldn've have received elsewhere...but I would have found that hard to believe.
    Yeah, really. Could it be that Osmond is in second because she actually had the second-best skate of the night? She may not be the second-best skater of this field at this point, but she had the second-best SP tonight. I guess people are always going to find some reason to cry bias.

Anyway, a lot can happen in the free. It'll be interesting for sure.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    She did get negative GOE on the 3Lo though.
    O.K., I was confused by the question. I noted that her set up time into the 3Lo took a very long time and they weren't preceded by connecting steps as required in the SP. It looks like some judges chose to penalize her on not fulfilling the requirement, which I think is a good thing. In the past, many skaters could get away with it because the rule is not always strictly reinforced. I am glad they dinged her for it to send a clear message to all skaters.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Elene was great. But she often is good in the SP and then LP destroys everything. I want her to win this Skate Canada. It was so cute how happy she was, and I think her body is amazing. I also liked Kanakos SP, the music & costume and the overall feeling was light and calm. Akiko...well, like people said this Kill Bill thing could work if the music wasn't so disjointed. Like this it feels like many short sequences and not a cohesive program. But her footwork was amazing and her LP with music from Cirque de Soleil is going to be great, if she delivers technically, that is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Yeah, really. Could it be that Osmond is in second because she actually had the second-best skate of the night? She may not be the second-best skater of this field at this point, but she had the second-best SP tonight. I guess people are always going to find some reason to cry bias.

Anyway, a lot can happen in the free. It'll be interesting for sure.
    She had a clean skate, but so did Zhang for example... Her skating was mediocre to be scored like that.

I haven't seen Kaetlyn's program, so I cannot comment. But no doubt that the rest of the field underperformed and Kaetlyn did her very best.

I expect a shake up in the free with such a small gap between the whole field. Gracie in 9th is a mere six points behind Ksenia in 3rd.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast