Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

Snoopy15

On the Ice
When will these ridiculous < calls on Kanako's 3T-3T stop?!?! It is NOT justified. Those jumps have the rotation and she has been more consistent on that combination than any other woman in the World. The << call on her Triple Flip here was not correct either, that jump was only < .

Zhang sadly hasn't stepped it up at all, after her good showings at Nationals and 4CC last year. Maybe she is just having a slow start to the season again, but it's not looking promising.

Agreeing completely on the case with Murakami. The judges simply dislike her for some reason. Those UR calls are definitely incorrect.
Yes, my speculations from last season were correct. Zhang's performance at 4CC and Nationals were basically a one-off skate of her life type. After such, I really don't see how she can improve and GROW from that, as it appears to be too late.

naan

Rinkside
I was very impressed with Osmand. Such a joyful to watch! Well deserved.

So happy that Elene had a good skate. She looks fit, and her dress is gorgeous. She looked like she was skating to some fast music, though. I prefer the upbeat music for her.

Enjoyed Gold even with some mistakes. She's just lovely!

Is Taktamysheva inured? She looks slow and tentative. Her arm movement has much improved, but her neck and shoulder are still stiff.

Enjoyed Murakami's program even if she's little sloppy.

Some interesting movements, but Akikio's programs was a bit of disappointment. Her spin was slow and ugly..

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Zhang's performance at 4CC and Nationals were basically a one-off skate of her life type. After such, I really don't see how she can improve and GROW from that, as it appears to be too late.

To me she skated as well as she did last year. Her 3R-2T earns almost as much as her 3R-3R at 4CC. There really isn't much upside to her marks without improving her PCS pretty drastically. I agree that it's too late for her, her fundamentals were just not ever strong enough to succeed under COP.

skatingcoach

Spectator
Thought Zhang bombed with that score before watching the program. Watched Zhang's program, it was quite good. She was so underscored. Probably because she skated early. If She skated last, she will be in a different position. She was one of the few with clean programs. To be fair to Zhang, she was robbed. The program should be scored around a 58. There is no way that program should be behind some of those ladies who made mistakes in their programs. I would place her in 3rd. It doesn't matter if the other ladies attempted harder triple triple, if they dont land it, it disrupts the program and it should be reflected in the PCS scores. It's even a joke when she is only 1 point ahead of Gold who had two major mistakes. The judging is a joke, it's all about reputation, politics. COP or 6.0 figure skating juding is a mess. Zhang might as well hang her skates and go to school like Flatt.

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I was very impressed with Osmand. Such a joyful to watch! Well deserved.

So happy that Elene had a good skate. She looks fit, and her dress is gorgeous. She looked like she was skating to some fast music, though. I prefer the upbeat music for her.

Enjoyed Gold even with some mistakes. She's just lovely!

Is Taktamysheva inured? She looks slow and tentative. Her arm movement has much improved, but her neck and shoulder are still stiff.

Enjoyed Murakami's program even if she's little sloppy.

Some interesting movements, but Akikio's programs was a bit of disappointment. Her spin was slow and ugly..

She's filled out and that influences her jumping ability - hope she'll get her former shape. And also,yes, she is still recovering from back and leg injuries(
Hope she and Gracie will have great skates!=) They still can make the podium

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She's filled out and that influences her jumping ability - hope she'll get her former shape. And also,yes, she is still recovering from back and leg injuries(. Hope she and Gracie will have great skates!=) They still can make the podium

Gracie still has a shot for a podium or even win Gold
but Liza needs to have an error free or at least only 1 error to make the podium.

I agree, she filled out, her body type will not help her if she gains weight as she is short,
Liza is shorter than Adelina and Julia

naan

Rinkside
She's filled out and that influences her jumping ability - hope she'll get her former shape. And also,yes, she is still recovering from back and leg injuries(
Hope she and Gracie will have great skates!=) They still can make the podium
Hope she recovers soon. Liza is my favorite Russian girl :)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Was very impressed with Elene G, a deserved lead and a nice change of style. My favourite performance was Makarova, I really thought she was undermarked on PCS. Liza felt a bit flat not her best. I was very disappointed with Shelepen, last year I was expecting her to make the Russian team for Euros and Worlds, she is a long way of that now. Not sure if the coaching change is working for her.