Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The difference in TES was significant. Monko & Khaliavin got 25.50 and Starygina & Volobuiev got 29.80. I was hoping for M&K to have improved since I saw them at the russian test skates.

Akiko looks great and her dress is amazing.

Monko&Khaliavin are probably hopeless, S/V have improved alot they will soon pretty much beat them in PCS too

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I hope that she tries working with Lori Nichol at least once - lori would know how to get Liza's PCS up really high.

When I remeber the programs Nichol made for Mirai Nagasu last year and the year before... well, I'm not so sure about that

gioccia

On the Ice
I agree. I think Liza would do much better with more energetic, dynamic pieces of music than that sleepy muzak Love Story stuff.

I think skaters should show their ability to skate to all kinds of music. Though I agree I like her energetic programs more.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Lacoste bores me. I know that's not the nicest to say but I've actually stopped watching her.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie Lacoste (CAN)

Music: The Feeling Begins by Peter Gabriel

Red dress w/ gold detailing and cut-outs. Headband.

2A
3F - fall
FSSp
3Lo+2Lo
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Wow, I like the new Emily Lacost! And the new program! it is amazing to see how much the attention to details and the polished look can do to a skater!

Last edited:

wallylutz

Medalist
Lacoste bores me. I know that's not the nicest to say but I've actually stopped watching her.

This SP comes across like a copycat because it has been done by so many other women before her, the music and even the costume. It lacks originality.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Last time I checked, neither Phaneuf or Lacoste got this kind of mark at a Skate Canada in the previous years either and I am pretty sure they were held in Canada as well. Care to explain why?

Because she skated cleaner, that's why. Now Canada is thinking that if she at least did all her elements, if they hold her up she might actually win. That's why!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I don't agree that Liza lacks emotions...it's not all about smiling...it's feeling the music...I did like the way she did it. I fear that Liza and Gracie have lost their chances to make GPF

Well, Liza definitely didn't; she's second and could still have a strong finish.

I don't think she lacks feeling in her skating generally, but she seemed pretty flat tonight. I don't know if it's because the program isn't for her or if she's just not prepared/having an off night.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I think skaters should show their ability to skate to all kinds of music. Though I agree I like her energetic programs more.

I agree, but Liza is still a young skater who has many years to develop her musicality and presentation. At this point, I think it's more advantageous for her to skate to music that showcases her strengths....moreover, there are many different kinds of dynamic music.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia MAKAROVA (RUS)

Music: Maria And The Violin's String by Ashram

Light blue asymmetric dress

3T+3T
3Lo
A - completely flopped planned 2A
FSSp
CCoSp
StSq
LSp