Going to Olympics vs Worlds? | Golden Skate

Going to Olympics vs Worlds?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So now that I'm back from going to Skate America -- my first live figure skating competition -- I have to say I'm hooked.

Anyway, for some reason, I love the idea of going to 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics and think I could save up the money in six years. I also love South Korea, so it would be a chance to visit the country again!

However, I also know the Olympics are a bit of a crapshoot when it comes to the lottery for events. So I wanted to hear from those who went to the Winter Olympics in the past (or have secured tickets to Sochi) and the process of getting tickets. Is there any possibility to get tickets to all the events? How does the process work?

Or would I be better of just going to a Worlds instead?

lulu

Final Flight
So now that I'm back from going to Skate America -- my first live figure skating competition -- I have to say I'm hooked.

Anyway, for some reason, I love the idea of going to 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics and think I could save up the money in six years. I also love South Korea, so it would be a chance to visit the country again!

However, I also know the Olympics are a bit of a crapshoot when it comes to the lottery for events. So I wanted to hear from those who went to the Winter Olympics in the past (or have secured tickets to Sochi) and the process of getting tickets. Is there any possibility to get tickets to all the events? How does the process work?

Or would I be better of just going to a Worlds instead?

I haven't been to either Worlds or the Olympics, so I'm no use there; but if it is possible and economically & logistically feasible, I'd go to the Olympics. To see Worlds would be great, but there's something truly special about being able to say that you saw figure skating at the Olympics. :)