Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP

Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I am a little disappointed, and I can tell so was Oda. I'll have to look at the protocol to see the problem...but Oda only stepped out of his 3A. Unless that was downgraded...

How is Florent's PC almost the same as Oda's?!?!
    Well it's not fair, but Oda's been out of the scene for nearly a year -- and his last competition was a 7th place finish at TEB....similar thing to what they did to Kozuka at SKAM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well it's not fair, but Oda's been out of the scene for nearly a year -- and his last competition was a 7th place finish at TEB....similar thing to what they did to Kozuka at SKAM.
    Well....I hope he does even better at LP!

But Fernandez...that was amazing. Can't believe he's doesn't look that pleased with 85....probably secretly comparing himself to Yuzu's score :P

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Typical judging dumpage. Oda went from being the 2nd Japanese to being the 4th Japanese male after 2 very bumpy seasons. He has so many times been positioned to medal at Worlds only to make costly mistake time and time and time again. His reputation to the judges has suffered along with his lack of consistency. I think the inclination in the judges' minds is that they've given up on him. He needs to consistently produce performances like he did today in order to see his PCS marks rise.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    of course, they need to make room for Chan's SP world record ?
    Right, let's save 13 off the current WR to make room.

Custom Title
    I wish to see the final group. Can anyone give me a free live stream working ?

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Typical judging dumpage. Oda went from being the 2nd Japanese to being the 4th Japanese male after 2 very bumpy seasons. He has so many times been positioned to medal at Worlds only to make costly mistake time and time and time again. His reputation to the judges has suffered along with his lack of consistency. I think the inclination in the judges' minds is that they've given up on him. He needs to consistently produce performances like he did today in order to see his PCS marks rise.
    Makes sense, though he technically never finished 4th at Japanese nationals. But yes, I guess in the judges eyes that is how they see it.

Custom Title
    Thanks so much for the videos - I tried to download the hulu thing several times and it didn't work. Anyway, thus far, I've only seen Oda, and I have to say, I'm so glad he is back. I thought he looked great. Will be interesting to see the protocols, but although he might be disappointed, I was thrilled to watch him skate.

Custom Title
    Only comment....Artur...why is your costume so transparent?

1 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP
    85.87 1
    2 Nobunari ODA JPN
    82.14 2
    3 Denis TEN KAZ
    75.26 3
    4 Florent AMODIO FRA
    74.61 4
    5 Elladj BALDE CAN
    72.46 5
    6 Ross MINER USA
    69.41 6
    7 Takahito MURA JPN
    62.10 7
    8 Liam FIRUS CAN
    60.50 8

Custom Title
    The videos are great, thanks. Amodio: He fell twice. Why does he only have -1 deduction?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Makes sense, though he technically never finished 4th at Japanese nationals. But yes, I guess in the judges eyes that is how they see it.
    Still, he is the only one of the top 4 Japanese males who have never medaled at Worlds despite attending that event 5 times.

Having not seen either program -- it is a bit silly that Javiar has better SS scores than Nobunari "soft knees" Oda....

Custom Title
    After looking at Elladj's skate, he should definitely be in front of Ten. I haven't seen Amodio yet. Elladj skated great. What does he have to do to get great marks? Elladj deserves at least 76-78 range for his clean performance. I don't care about PCS, Elladj may need more polishing, but he skated better here than Denis. If they are going to put Elladj in front of Ross, then he should be in front of Denis too.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Still, he is the only one of the top 4 Japanese males who have never medaled at Worlds despite attending that event 5 times.
    That is true. Well golly, can't we just send the top five at Japanese Nationals to Worlds this year? Pretty please?!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast