Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP

just call me K or Art jockey
    As much as I feel for Oda, I have actually more problems to understand Amodio's score here. He messed up all three jumping passes and is still only within one TES point of Chan, and one PCS point of Oda.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Skate Canada keeps its reputation of the most corrupted GP.
    I agree with your statement that Patrick Chan deserve below 80, but I disagree with you about Ellajd, he deserved to be ahead of Ten and Amodio with his skate tonight, and I disagree with you in the ladies field Kaetlyn Osmond deserve the score that she have and I'm sure that if she was skating the same sp outside of Canada that she would have get 60 points also.

The corruption is only in Patrick Chan right now and is less present year by year, we can see this by the score they give to Patrick Chan at Japan Open 2012, today a bad skate cannot be a winning skate like the past year. It's good for the sport to judge in this way!

Custom Title
    No, I don't think Chan's PCS lead should've been greater than Oda's TES lead. I bet Chan got huge GOEs for his triple-triple combo (which didn't merit them - a 0 or +1 at best) and I wouldn't have given him more than a -2 for the 3A. I'm fine with +2 or +3 for the lutz, but even his legendary footwork wasn't that great. Hell, his skating seemed scratchier than usual too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    As much as I feel for Oda, I have actually more problems to understand Amodio's score here. He messed up all three jumping passes and is still only within one TES point of Chan, and one PCS point of Oda.
    Morosov at your service. PCS inflation since 2005.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    surprised ? I think not
    Gachinski is such a lost cause , that sooner he will fall out of favor in his own Fed
    I bet by next season Gachinski will be dumped for Kovtun
    No way he is top 3 at nationals in this very poor shape. Can't do quads and won't change to all triples

Custom Title
    IP - really, did you really feel it scratchier? I really didn't see that. Off to watch again....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    The corruption is only in Patrick Chan right now and is less present year by year
    So it is still Skate Chanada.

Custom Title
    I think Patrick's score was fair. Though he did only 3T-3T, it looked well executed and so I expect him to gather some +GOE as well. In fact, all the elements were well executed except for that hand-down 3A. His PCS was well-deserved. No complaint. He didn't receive music deduction perhaps because it was choreographed as such, no different from his practice footage.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    I think Patrick's score was fair. Though he did only 3T-3T, it looked well executed and so I expect him to gather some +GOE as well. In fact, all the elements were well executed except for that hand-down 3A. His PCS was well-deserved. No complaint. He didn't receive music deduction perhaps because it was choreographed as such, no different from his practice footage.
    I'm sure let`s talk will still have some haterade to pour over that. Maybe with some more gendered insults about how "girlie" his combo was.

Patrick got a positive GOE in his combo and got 9.10 for it.

Edit: Both Oda and Chan got 6.50 for the triple axel.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Just wanted to thank you, thank you, thank you for posting these videos!!!!

I know the fights are already started, and I have to rewatch Oda to see how I feel about placements, but for the moment, placements aside and even scores, I really love, really really love, Chan's SP. He has to get that quad in, fix the axel of course...but for me, this is a lovely program. And yes, smart skater - the guy knows how to compete.
    so true!!!!

Banned
    Oda's BV is about 6 points over Chan. PChiddy got 0.90 GOE for a girl's combo 3T-3T and even his last sloppy spin was +0.43, with two judges given +2. Stupid. Also, Chan didn't get a deduction for finishing late off music, while Menshov got it for the absolutely same stuff at SA.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    No, it was a goodbye gift from Krall.

Custom Title
    Patrick's skate was mesmerizing. I had doubts about converting Elegie into a competitive program but Buttle did a good job.

So Skate Canada is the most corrupted GP? Do they always hire the same judges and tech panelists? Such insults to the international judges! So Chan didn't do his quad, avoiding a fall, which should help his PCS according to many persistent theory, but his PCS is way below his par.

For being so hated by Skate Canada, Oda has usually medalled in this event, and scored close to or higher than Patrick in the SP.

just call me K or Art jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Morosov at your service. PCS inflation since 2005.
    Probably that and the gigantic base value of 43.06. I really need BladesofPassion to join this thread and reiterate how ridiculous this system is in giving out huge scores for 3 messy jumping passes.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast