4 Ross MINER USA
69.41 4
5 Takahito MURA JPN
62.10 5
6 Liam FIRUS CAN
60.50 6

Becki

Medalist
Wow 82 only....quite low PCs :'( Especially after the commentators said he had very high level spins and footwork....:mad:

KSchaf

Spectator
Yes! Big thanks to mikiandorocks! Watching it right after it happens is a close second to live.

Becki

Medalist
of course, they need to make room for Chan's SP world record ? :mad:

I am a little disappointed, and I can tell so was Oda. I'll have to look at the protocol to see the problem...but Oda only stepped out of his 3A. Unless that was downgraded...

How is Florent's PC almost the same as Oda's?!?!

LEESTARR

Rinkside
1 Nobunari ODA JPN
82.14 1
2 Denis TEN KAZ
75.26 2
3 Florent AMODIO FRA
74.61 3
4 Elladj BALDE CAN
72.46 4
5 Ross MINER USA
69.41 5
6 Takahito MURA JPN
62.10 6
7 Liam FIRUS CAN
60.50 7

Art&Sport

Medalist
I can see Denis having a bit higher PCS than Ross, but why such a high score over Ross when Denis had a fall and a fall out similar to what happened to Ross? Ross has a 4CC bronze and a GP bronze, so he should have more rep with judges.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am a little disappointed, and I can tell so was Oda. I'll have to look at the protocol to see the problem...but Oda only stepped out of his 3A. Unless that was downgraded...

How is Florent's PC almost the same as Oda's?!?!

Well it's not fair, but Oda's been out of the scene for nearly a year -- and his last competition was a 7th place finish at TEB....similar thing to what they did to Kozuka at SKAM.

Becki

Medalist
Well it's not fair, but Oda's been out of the scene for nearly a year -- and his last competition was a 7th place finish at TEB....similar thing to what they did to Kozuka at SKAM.

Well....I hope he does even better at LP!

But Fernandez...that was amazing. Can't believe he's doesn't look that pleased with 85....probably secretly comparing himself to Yuzu's score :p

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Typical judging dumpage. Oda went from being the 2nd Japanese to being the 4th Japanese male after 2 very bumpy seasons. He has so many times been positioned to medal at Worlds only to make costly mistake time and time and time again. His reputation to the judges has suffered along with his lack of consistency. I think the inclination in the judges' minds is that they've given up on him. He needs to consistently produce performances like he did today in order to see his PCS marks rise.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Typical judging dumpage. Oda went from being the 2nd Japanese to being the 4th Japanese male after 2 very bumpy seasons. He has so many times been positioned to medal at Worlds only to make costly mistake time and time and time again. His reputation to the judges has suffered along with his lack of consistency. I think the inclination in the judges' minds is that they've given up on him. He needs to consistently produce performances like he did today in order to see his PCS marks rise.

Makes sense, though he technically never finished 4th at Japanese nationals. But yes, I guess in the judges eyes that is how they see it.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks so much for the videos - I tried to download the hulu thing several times and it didn't work. Anyway, thus far, I've only seen Oda, and I have to say, I'm so glad he is back. I thought he looked great. Will be interesting to see the protocols, but although he might be disappointed, I was thrilled to watch him skate.

LEESTARR

Rinkside
1 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP
85.87 1
2 Nobunari ODA JPN
82.14 2
3 Denis TEN KAZ
75.26 3
4 Florent AMODIO FRA
74.61 4
5 Elladj BALDE CAN
72.46 5