Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Chan is only 4th in TES. I want to see the BV and how much GOE they gifted him for this sloppy girl's level skate.

at first I had to double check if he did women's common 3t-3t and 3lz and still ahead of Oda :mad:

I can see now 3 lock Gold medals here: :biggrin:

> Osmond
> Chan
> V/M

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Goodness, Skate Canada really hates Oda, don't they? First, he loses to a 4 fall Chan in 2010 (despite only falling once) and now he does a 4toe+3toe + a clean performance and still loses to Chan with all his errors.

:bang:

Why would one hate adorable Oda?! Especially with that gorgeous SP of his (I've seen the Nebelhorn version).

Becki

Medalist
Goodness, Skate Canada really hates Oda, don't they? First, he loses to a 4 fall Chan in 2010 (despite only falling once) and now he does a 4toe+3toe + a clean performance and still loses to Chan with all his errors.

I know :'( Patrick did a 3T-3T, but his Technical Score reflected that. His PC is 42....5 marks above Oda.

I feel bad for Oda, he did so good! Even better than Javier, imho.

Becki

Medalist
So I'm hearing not over 80, 90 and 93 and change...so what exactly did he do or not do?

Haha, I was confused too because I swear he did a 3T-3T. But he has a PC cushion, so 80+ was a definite. 90+ will be the shock of the century.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm willing to concur that Chan out PCS'd the rest of the field today, but whether it deserves to outrank Oda's TES is another story. Chan definitely needs to change his shirt though--that ghastly thing looks like he borrowed it from one of the female skaters. Back lace and man-cleavage?! Ugh.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
The difference in TES between Chan and Oda is about 5 points, similar to PCS's dif, where it is as just slightly better as it was necessary to put him over a Japanese.

emma

Record Breaker

Just wanted to thank you, thank you, thank you for posting these videos!!!!

I know the fights are already started, and I have to rewatch Oda to see how I feel about placements, but for the moment, placements aside and even scores, I really love, really really love, Chan's SP. He has to get that quad in, fix the axel of course...but for me, this is a lovely program. And yes, smart skater - the guy knows how to compete.

Kunstrijdster

Rinkside
As much as I feel for Oda, I have actually more problems to understand Amodio's score here. He messed up all three jumping passes and is still only within one TES point of Chan, and one PCS point of Oda.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Skate Canada keeps its reputation of the most corrupted GP.

I agree with your statement that Patrick Chan deserve below 80, but I disagree with you about Ellajd, he deserved to be ahead of Ten and Amodio with his skate tonight, and I disagree with you in the ladies field Kaetlyn Osmond deserve the score that she have and I'm sure that if she was skating the same sp outside of Canada that she would have get 60 points also.

The corruption is only in Patrick Chan right now and is less present year by year, we can see this by the score they give to Patrick Chan at Japan Open 2012, today a bad skate cannot be a winning skate like the past year. It's good for the sport to judge in this way!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
No, I don't think Chan's PCS lead should've been greater than Oda's TES lead. I bet Chan got huge GOEs for his triple-triple combo (which didn't merit them - a 0 or +1 at best) and I wouldn't have given him more than a -2 for the 3A. I'm fine with +2 or +3 for the lutz, but even his legendary footwork wasn't that great. Hell, his skating seemed scratchier than usual too.

gmyers

Record Breaker
surprised ? I think not
Gachinski is such a lost cause , that sooner he will fall out of favor in his own Fed
I bet by next season Gachinski will be dumped for Kovtun

No way he is top 3 at nationals in this very poor shape. Can't do quads and won't change to all triples

emma

Record Breaker
IP - really, did you really feel it scratchier? I really didn't see that. Off to watch again....

skatinginbc

Medalist
I think Patrick's score was fair. Though he did only 3T-3T, it looked well executed and so I expect him to gather some +GOE as well. In fact, all the elements were well executed except for that hand-down 3A. His PCS was well-deserved. No complaint. He didn't receive music deduction perhaps because it was choreographed as such, no different from his practice footage.

Diz101

Spectator
I think Patrick's score was fair. Though he did only 3T-3T, it looked well executed and so I expect him to gather some +GOE as well. In fact, all the elements were well executed except for that hand-down 3A. His PCS was well-deserved. No complaint. He didn't receive music deduction perhaps because it was choreographed as such, no different from his practice footage.

I'm sure let`s talk will still have some haterade to pour over that. Maybe with some more gendered insults about how "girlie" his combo was.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Patrick got a positive GOE in his combo and got 9.10 for it.

Edit: Both Oda and Chan got 6.50 for the triple axel.