Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well at least he didn't fall?

Still it is crazy that he is ahead of an Oda who did a 4T-3T....
    Eh.

He's a smart skater, though. Had he not tacked on the 3T to his 3T and did a 3Lz-3T, it would've voided the whole combo (you can repeat a jump in combination, but not outside in a SP).

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Goodness, Skate Canada really hates Oda, don't they? First, he loses to a 4 fall Chan in 2010 (despite only falling once) and now he does a 4toe+3toe + a nearly clean performance (turn-out on 3Axel) and still loses to Chan with all his errors.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-26-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Banned
    Chan is only 4th in TES. I want to see the BV and how much GOE they gifted him for this sloppy girl's level skate.

Banned
    Skate Canada keeps its reputation of the most corrupted GP.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Chan is only 4th in TES. I want to see the BV and how much GOE they gifted him for this sloppy girl's level skate.
    at first I had to double check if he did women's common 3t-3t and 3lz and still ahead of Oda

I can see now 3 lock Gold medals here:

> Osmond
    > Chan
    > V/M
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 10-26-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Custom Title
    haha, with the girlsih combo and no quad he is still over Oda. God bless PCS!!!
    Chan's PCS was lower than Hanyu's at SA, and <2 pts higher than Abbot's at SA. He's the class of this field but there are guys who are going to compete with him on PCS now.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Goodness, Skate Canada really hates Oda, don't they? First, he loses to a 4 fall Chan in 2010 (despite only falling once) and now he does a 4toe+3toe + a clean performance and still loses to Chan with all his errors.

Why would one hate adorable Oda?! Especially with that gorgeous SP of his (I've seen the Nebelhorn version).

Custom Title
    Goodness, Skate Canada really hates Oda, don't they? First, he loses to a 4 fall Chan in 2010 (despite only falling once) and now he does a 4toe+3toe + a clean performance and still loses to Chan with all his errors.
    I know :'( Patrick did a 3T-3T, but his Technical Score reflected that. His PC is 42....5 marks above Oda.

I feel bad for Oda, he did so good! Even better than Javier, imho.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    So I'm hearing not over 80, 90 and 93 and change...so what exactly did he do or not do?
    Haha, I was confused too because I swear he did a 3T-3T. But he has a PC cushion, so 80+ was a definite. 90+ will be the shock of the century.

Custom Title
    I'm willing to concur that Chan out PCS'd the rest of the field today, but whether it deserves to outrank Oda's TES is another story. Chan definitely needs to change his shirt though--that ghastly thing looks like he borrowed it from one of the female skaters. Back lace and man-cleavage?! Ugh.

Banned
    The difference in TES between Chan and Oda is about 5 points, similar to PCS's dif, where it is as just slightly better as it was necessary to put him over a Japanese.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Just wanted to thank you, thank you, thank you for posting these videos!!!!

I know the fights are already started, and I have to rewatch Oda to see how I feel about placements, but for the moment, placements aside and even scores, I really love, really really love, Chan's SP. He has to get that quad in, fix the axel of course...but for me, this is a lovely program. And yes, smart skater - the guy knows how to compete.

Custom Title
    This seems true.

Skate Canada keeps its reputation of the most corrupted GP.
    And so does this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Chan definitely needs to change his shirt though--that ghastly thing looks like he borrowed it from one of the female skaters.
    No, it was a goodbye gift from Krall.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast