Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Short Dance

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Hmmm ... given the expense, I wonder whether all that's guess re Virtue/Moir's polka music is correct. How much do you think an original composition plus a professional recording would cost?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by all that View Post
    I'm guessing the polka music was specially created for them to fit within the Hopkins music. I doubt it was an existing piece.
    In their post interview, Scott said they found the polka piece, so I am thinking it wasn't specially composed.

But what I was pointing out was that their bio was not properly filled out, something that is quite common, by the way, and many skaters/teams do it.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Not picking on Virtue/Moir either, but seems like a bad idea for the ISU and/or individual federations to be complacent when skaters do not provide complete information.

If for no other reason, don't royalties have to be paid when music is played during television broadcasts?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I know that the composer can refuse permission for their music to be used, because that happened to DomShabs at the Vancouver Olympics.

This year, most of the SD's are listed as Polka Waltz or Polka March Waltz.

They you hear they are skating to The Witch Doctor or Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

It can be a shock.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10