Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Short Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by beabstress View Post
    Whew! Glad that V/M are not in second--can you imagine if they had to skate THEIR Carmen before C/L skate theirs?
    I got excited at that thought, actually.

Custom Title
    Early in the program Scott said he almost knocked Tessa out — accidentally hit her. They got visibly stuck on their last lift — the one that he apparently hurt his neck on. That knocked the lift down to the lowest level. Also apparently they lost some levels on some other things.

This doesn't bother me at all. They know what they need to work on and I expect their scores will just go up as the season goes on. And, importantly, I liked the program as a whole. I think it's a good vehicle.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I noticed the twizzles were a bit off on the first set. The unison on some of the footwork was a bit off. There was something weird with the last lift as well.

I'm surprised they aren't in first but this program is weird to me. Maybe it's weird to the judges as well.
    Yeah me too. I felt kind of like hmmm, not sure about this program. I wondered if I was just missing something.

Custom Title
    Scott hit Tessa in the head at the beginning too lol.
    They lost at least 8 pts on levels.....(that's what Tracy just said).

Custom Title
    Protocols are up

V/M: NOTHING WAS LEVEL FOUR. Levels two and three on the Yankee Polka, level three on the twizzles, level two on the NT-steps, level one for the lift. Whoa.

I'm just letting that simmer.

Custom Title
    With all those technical problems, and they still have an *average* PCS score of 9.32.

No wonder people have problems with, well, you can fill in the rest.

eta: Ah, thanks IP, for pointing out the levels. At least that's something.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    With all those technical problems, and they still have an *average* PCS score of 9.32.

No wonder people have problems with, well, you can fill in the rest.
    Yeah, it's almost like people are judging elements and program separately. Their PCS should demolish their TES here.

Custom Title
    Wow. I didn't imagine this was possible. I kind of like that the "invincible ones" are, well "vincible." But, can't wait to see the improvements...

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Protocols are up

V/M: NOTHING WAS LEVEL FOUR.
    *That* is kind of exciting, I think. Can you imagine what that score would have been without all the technical problems?

Does anyone have a link to V/M?

Custom Title
    In the thread on the men's short program, someone posted that Skate Canada is the most corrupt event on the GP circuit. And after seeing both Chan's and Voir's PCS scores, there may be something to that.

I'm just an average fan, but frankly I can understand why people get turned off figure skating when something like this happens. It leaves a bad aftertaste...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Wow. I didn't imagine this was possible. I kind of like that the "invincible ones" are, well "vincible." But, can't wait to see the improvements...
    Hey, they're human. Remember the SD at last year's GP Final? I'm waiting to see the program, but I'm not worried, even about the levels. They just had one of those flukey bad skates. Though, I will say, if this is the same lift that Scott pulled his neck on, they should change it now, before he hurts himself for real. Not worth risking it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Hey, they're human. Remember the SD at last year's GP Final? I'm waiting to see the program, but I'm not worried, even about the levels. They just had one of those flukey bad skates. Though, I will say, if this is the same lift that Scott pulled his neck on, they should change it now, before he hurts himself for real. Not worth risking it.
    I think it was (and I expect them to change it). I'll wait for the FD to be truly worried re: levels, but I'm starting now just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    In the thread on the men's short program, someone posted that Skate Canada is the most corrupt event on the GP circuit. And after seeing both Chan's and Voir's PCS scores, there may be something to that.

I'm just an average fan, but frankly I can understand why people get turned off figure skating when something like this happens. It leaves a bad aftertaste...
    Yes. I haven't seen it yet but they got positive GOE on the lift, which from what people have said sounds ridiculous. Can't comment further without seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I think it was (and I expect them to change it). I'll wait for the FD to be truly worried re: levels, but I'm starting now just in case.
    D/W also didn't get the levels they usually do at SA IIRC- didn't B/S beat them on levels? I wonder if Igor's absence is showing. I hope not.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast