Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 356

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST)

  1. #211
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    I dont know about everyone else, but I think that most of the outrage is stemming from the fact the Osmond PCS were almost equal to Suzuki's. I know I am not blind to see that either Osmond was overscored or Suzuki was underscored.
    Exactly.

  2. #212
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by SK8LUVR View Post
    Hey listen. I wanted Akiko to win! I LOVE her. I am all for fair judging and I will be the first to complain if it is not fair. Just because I am Canadian doesn't mean that I agree with the judging panel. I am just saying that some posters seem to be attacking Osmond. This girl has some potential. Should she have Won this event? I don't know.....it hasn't come on my local channel yet. Just don't attack. It is not her fault!
    Um..who exactly is attacking her?

  3. #213
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    135
    This is the most disgusting skating board around. Its the mentality of the people on this board that is the question.

  4. #214
    The Ice is Slippery SK8LUVR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    But if you actually read the posts, most of the posters ARE NOT attacking Kaetlyn, but questioning the judging.
    Yes, most but not all. The judging panel definitely needs to be looked at. I just want to see good skating and fair judging. I think these people are the problem allot of the time.

  5. #215
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,195
    Quote Originally Posted by beabstress View Post
    I wasn't singling out your posts; not at all. And I don't think anyone has said anything that needs to be reported. I simply saw *some* (and I emphasize SOME--a small number, as a matter of fact) of the comments heading in a negative direction. That's all.

    I also want to be clear that I NEVER suggested that Kaetlyn was given artificially high PCS scores by the judges for, as you called it, "confidence reasons." The judges may have done exactly that--but I did NOT suggest that they did. I merely suggested that--after the fact--Kaetlyn can look at those scores and feel good about herself. Whether or not anyone feels that she *deserved* to win, she DID win, and I don't think she needs to be apologetic about that.
    She does not need to be apologetic of her performance, certainly, but the problem is that she has been given inflated scores and basically has the false message that her artistry mark is equal to that of the reigning world bronze medalist.

    She should feel good about her performance, yes! I would have been happy if she got on the podium -- she deserved that! But I hope her team can discern the scores for what they are.

  6. #216
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    135
    You dont think she can skate?

  7. #217
    Custom Title Rachmaninoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    593
    It would be helpful of those who think skaters are being personally "attacked" would point out the actual posts that they find offensive. 'Cause all I see are complaints about judging. I certainly don't agree with all of them (I don't agree at all that Osmond's second place SP wasn't deserved, or that she would have been "way below" Liza) but that doesn't make them personal attacks.

  8. #218
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    It would be helpful of those who think skaters are being personally "attacked" would point out the actual posts that they find offensive. 'Cause all I see are complaints about judging. I certainly don't agree with all of them (I don't agree at all that Osmond's second place SP wasn't deserved, or that she would have been "way below" Liza) but that doesn't make them personal attacks.
    Better yet, please, please report the posts! Personal attacks are against the forum guidelines. But please don't put that broad brushstroke on everyone!

  9. #219
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    931
    I actually also question Akiko's PCS (too low in my opinion). At Skate America, Ashley Wagner skated a far more mainstream program (Samson and Delilah is extremely common, particularly the Bacchanale), and her skating skills and transitions aren't as good as Akiko's. I know she also got some help by being US champ, but why is Akiko's PCS so frequently below 60? She is strong in literally every aspect that PCS asks for.

  10. #220
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    135
    Oh then thats ok. Thats all you people do if your favourite dosnt winn. Attack the judges.

  11. #221
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    *Canada*
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    She does not need to be apologetic of her performance, certainly, but the problem is that she has been given inflated scores and basically has the false message that her artistry mark is equal to that of the reigning world bronze medalist.

    She should feel good about her performance, yes! I would have been happy if she got on the podium -- she deserved that! But I hope her team can discern the scores for what they are.
    I get the impression that they will. After her win in the N. Trophy there was an interview with her coach and he said they were sticking to the same game plan which doesn't include winning fancy titles. Her program is even set up like a junior trying to gain experience and consistency in the senior ranks. It's probably to her benefit that she doesn't have a second GP. Gives her some escape from the pressure and hype machine.

    But I do get tired of all the griping. It happens after every event. Everyone has their personal favourites, don't see why it can't include the judges. I guess I just don't think this sport is very objective. Akiko won the free program by a nice margin as she should have. A cleaner SP and she would have won.

  12. #222
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,626
    Quote Originally Posted by bellafurr View Post
    You dont think she can skate?
    Of course she can skate. But in this performance Suzuki's choreography and interpretation were markedly superior to Osmond's, and this should have been reflected in those component scores.

  13. #223
    Custom Title Rachmaninoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by bellafurr View Post
    Oh then thats ok. Thats all you people do if your favourite dosnt winn. Attack the judges.
    On what do you base your assumption that people are only complaining about judging because their favourite didn't win?

  14. #224
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,626
    To BurntBREAD.

  15. #225
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    I get the impression that they will. After her win in the N. Trophy there was an interview with her coach and he said they were sticking to the same game plan which doesn't include winning fancy titles. Her program is even set up like a junior trying to gain experience and consistency in the senior ranks. It's probably to her benefit that she doesn't have a second GP. Gives her some escape from the pressure and hype machine.

    But I do get tired of all the griping. It happens after every event. Everyone has their personal favourites, don't see why it can't include the judges. I guess I just don't think this sport is very objective. Akiko won the free program by a nice margin as she should have. A cleaner SP and she would have won.
    That's why we don't get it though: if her program was set up like a junior on purpose (all jumps passes in first 8 elements), why did she receive higher marks on things like choreography, and to a lesser extent choreography and interpretation compared to Suzuki?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    To BurntBREAD.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •