Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST)

berrycute

On the Ice
I'm loving this program from Liza, so sassy and she really does perform it. David Wilson can improve anyone's style, it seems!

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Liza (the second half of the programme was much better. It seemed that her confidence built as the programme progressed).
FS skate: 112.90
Overall: 168.00

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tuktamisheva
Score: 112.90, total 168.00 and into 1st

Nice to see at least one in the group skate decently

herios

Medalist
Shelepen never was runner up at JR Worlds.

OK, GPF then. Doesn't really matter, I am personally NOT trusting the junior results in the ladies when it comes to prospects in seniors. I am waiting for them to show up in seniors then I am assessing them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Boy figure skating fans are fickle! Gracie goes from future of figure skating to complete failure in one competition. Tulosai is right, the reactions on both ends of the stick are extreme. Here's hoping for improvement in her next GP!

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
OK, GPF then. Doesn't really matter, I am personally NOT trusting the junior results in the ladies when it comes to prospects in seniors. I am waiting for them to show up in seniors then I am assessing them.

Yep, the combination of body changes and added expectation seem to really affect the girls.

berrycute

On the Ice
Is she pretending to be a bird??? The dress is lovely and the Brit ES commentators are certainly impressed

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)

Music: O (from Cirque du Soleil)

Blue peacock dress

3Lz+2T+2Lo
2A+3T
3F - hop out of landing
FCSp - a bit slow
StSq
CCoSp
3F
3Lo
3S - a bit shaky
2A
ChSq
FCCoSp

Nice strong program. She landed 6 triples - should be enough to move her up, probably medal?

Scout

Final Flight
If Osmond keeps skating like she did in the short program, Lacoste won't be needing that minimum TES score

Very true. However, I would like to see someone push Osmond, and right now, Amelie is the closest. Plus, I always like to see a skater achieve their goals.