Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST)

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Also everyone needs to learn to chill out in general. This happens almost every year. We have a great junior, we get excited, she fails to meet expectations and we become irrationally disappointed and upset. This is why I didn't jump on the Gracie bandwagon. She has some nice qualities, but we will still need to see. This competition might be the exception. It might be the rule. I think sometimes people jump to conclusions way too quickly, in both directions.

This. :thumbsup:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie is a shadow of what she was last season. She is just not a competitor. She can't handle her nerves during competition. That much is obvious when you watch the stark contrast in her practice and competition skates. Only 3 triple jumps landed is a spectacularly poor result for a good jumper. Her horrid skates as a senior have lowered the judges' opinion of her too, judging by her poor PCS.
Is that why Gracie won her only JGP event last year? Or finished 2nd at JR Worlds? She's not a competitor?

herios

Medalist
Give Gracie a chance. She has a ton of talent. It took her a while to get it together in Juniors, too. It certainly did not happen in the first year for her.

There will plenty of chances for her going forward. The problem I am having is many posters are talking about her like she is the next Midori Ito!! Based on some 3/3 which she lands ...in practice

Trewyn

Medalist
Just got home, local Eurosport is airing it live despite their programming telling me no. Confusing Eurosport, as always.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There will plenty of chances for her going forward. The problem I am having is many posters are talking about her like she is the next Midori Ito!! Based on some 3/3 which she lands ...in practice

There were reasons why people were high on Gracie last year. She nailed just about every 3-3 combo she did until the WTT. Not many Senior skaters could say that last year.

herios

Medalist
Is that why Gracie won her only JGP event last year? Or finished 2nd at JR Worlds? She's not a competitor?

The last I knew Shelepen was also runner up on junior worlds. And look at what is she doing here? An embarrasing showing. Juniors is one thing , seniors is a different ball game.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS)

Music: Black Eyes

Black dress w long sleeves. Slit in back

3Lz+2T+1Lo
3Lz - fall
3F
LSp
StSq
2A+3T - nice!
3S+2T
FSSp
3Lo
ChSq
2A
CCoSp

Mistakes in the beginning, but she really got herself together in the end. Good energy in the end

Scout

Final Flight
48 is the required TES for worlds, right? In that case, Amelie missed it with a score of 45.05.