Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla
A fuego lento by Astor Piazzolla
Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla

Black sparkly dress w/ red skirt under.

3Lz - clearly flutz, perhaps UR
3Lo
3F - ok, but ugly hammer toe
StSq
LSp
3Lo+2Lo
3F+1A+SEQ
3S+2T+2Lo
3T
FSSp
ChSq
CCoSp

Another solid program, but I think she's prob getting som UR calls and fall behind Suzuki.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice program from Murakami! Loved the interesting position in the sit spin. Will be interesting to see how this scores. Do feel she skates over the tango music a bit. Hope she builds it from there.

Bartek

On the Ice
Kanako was absolutely on fire. Strange technique on her jumps and sometimes long preparation but overall so solid.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I won't get to see this until later, but awesome for Akiko, and that's a damn high score. She could actually come from fifth to win this thing. One thing I like about the new scoring system. I hated how under the old system, it didn't matter how close it was between skaters; only the rankings mattered.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
111 ouch. Liza beats her. She must've gotten an edge calls....if she got some UR calls, I'd say it's a bit harsh.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I won't get to see this until later, but awesome for Akiko, and that's a damn high score. She could actually come from fifth to win this thing. One thing I like about the new scoring system. I hated how under the old system, it didn't matter how close it was between skaters; only the rankings mattered.

Akiko is good at making comebacks. Remember at 2010 Worlds how she had a disaster in the short to pull off a great LP and move up 9 spots?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ksenia has some truly lovely qualities but she can never hold it together in a long program. Very sad.