Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST)

Custom Title
    I'm getting scared of Worlds >< They are in Canada and if Osmond is there....Oh, God. If she skates clean her pcs will be..very high

Banned
    Osmond's PCS jumped compared to Nebelhorn just as right enough to beat Akiko. What a shame that no one wants to take a GP event. Otherwise Skate Canada should be disqualified from hosting GP. No other event has so shameful results.

For Akiko it's a good lesson- she knew where she was going. There was no need to fail SP in Canada if there is a Canadian skater around.

You got to be kidding almost 60 for Osmond...I so hate the canadians giving so high marks for their athletes...get ready because i think she'll be the next world champion considering that are hosted in Canada!Skate Canada has always been the competition where their owns skaters received even 10 points higher than they should..Anyway Liza was 10 times better than Osmond!Shame on them!

skating philosopher
    For some perspective, Christina Gao scored 117.62 at Skate America with a squeaky clean 6-triple program. Her PCS was 57.

So basically Skate Canada judges say that a 4-clean-triple Osmond is only 2 points worse than a 6-triple clean program from Gao?

Custom Title
    (watching delayed) OMG Osmond in FIRST??? I was just about to say 'Definitely excited about this new, bubbly skater but she's not quite there yet'. And then she BEATS a strong Akiko Suzuki??? (okay, Akiko still won the LP but still) Osmond tripped over her own feet getting off the ice; her SS are NOTHING compared to Akiko's. Plus she FELL. I haven't been this shocked by the results of a Ladies competition in a LONG time. Akiko was a bit tense tonight and that could have hurt her PCscores a little bit, but overall her ss, choreography, presentation *and* jumps were much stronger than Osmond.

Can someone please explain to me why people are claiming that the international judging panel at Skate Canada (which changes every year) is more corrupt than the international judging panels (which change every year) at any other event?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I'm getting scared of Worlds >< They are in Canada and if Osmond is there....Oh, God. If she skates clean her pcs will be..very high
    She doesn't even have to skate clean. She made multiple mistakes today and still won the event over Suzuki, who was clean and has 100x better skating skills.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    It's 160.52
    Oops, typo

skating philosopher
    Wow the protocols are interesting...The tech panel gave Osmond edge calls on both her filp and her lutz....

But the PCS tells the tale -- She beat Akiko in interpretation, choreography, peformance? tied in transitions...This makes no sense.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    The same totally fraudulent judging that allowed Kaetlyn Osmond to undeservedly win the Ladies event will no doubt be on display later on in the Ice Dance and Men's events, where Virtue/Moir and Chan will win regardless of how many mistakes they make. There is absolutely no justification for Kaetlyn Osmond's PCS score today, other than the fact that the judges wanted to award the win to the home skater. Akiko Suzuki was robbed.
    At best she should be 3rd. But they skated in Canada.

Wanna hear a joke?
    Suzuki got 7.57 for performance/execution and Osmond got 7.61.

Custom Title
    I think that Liza should have higher ss than Osmond=\\\

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Wanna hear a joke?
    Suzuki got 7.57 for performance/execution and Osmond got 7.61.
    More scary than funny. Maybe the judges are in the mood for Halloween?

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Apparently Osmond's LP was enough to get a 9.00 in performance/execution and 9.25 in interpretation from one judge.... The girl is very pretty but did she translate the character, Carmen well? Hmmmm ....

PROTOCALS:
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    But the PCS tells the tale -- She beat Akiko in interpretation, choreography, peformance? tied in transitions...This makes no sense.
    One judge gave her 8.75, 9.00 and 9.25.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast