Can Gracie Gold handle the pressure? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Can Gracie Gold handle the pressure?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold and Max Aaron :popcorn:
Golden couple? Is this a form of marketing for Gracie going into the Olympic season? The US men's gold medalist and the rising princess with the golden last name are now a couple and/or BFFs. Those cupcakes look really good, Gracie obviously values her relationship with Max, those had to take a long time to make...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gracie Gold and Max Aaron :popcorn:
Golden couple? Is this a form of marketing for Gracie going into the Olympic season? The US men's gold medalist and the rising princess with the golden last name are now a couple and/or BFFs. Those cupcakes look really good, Gracie obviously values her relationship with Max, those had to take a long time to make...

If you read the note, Gracie very specifically mentions the word "girlfriend" so I think it's safe to say they're going out.

And so the fundamental Murphy's Law continues: All the cute guys are taken or gay. :(

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If you read the note, Gracie very specifically mentions the word "girlfriend" so I think it's safe to say they're going out.

And so the fundamental Murphy's Law continues: All the cute guys are taken or gay. :(

Even your fave Artur? I tend to think if he had a girlfriend he would not look so miserable all the time. No clue about his orientation however he doesn't strike me as obviously playing for the other team.

And wow I definitely did not think Aaron and Gold were a real couple...would never have guessed they were each others types lol but I can't wait to see what the media does with this going into Sochi :laugh:

noskates

Record Breaker
Wow - I came in this thread just in time to be someone else. Let's see...................I think I'll be that pairs skater, Elena Berezhnaya, so I can wake up next to Alexei Yagudin every morning. :eek:: OH NO - got my Russian pairs skaters mixed up. I MEANT Totmianana.

I think the obsessive and sensitive reaction of some when their favorite skaters are discussed is kind of silly, frankly. There are certain threads I won't even go in because it's so uncomfortable that you can't have a decent discussion without getting lambasted.

Hmmmm - Gracie and Max! That's interesting. She makes a mean cupcake, that's for sure!

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
G/G had about the the same age difference as Max and Gracie have. I read somewhere that Sergei kissed Katia for the first time on New Years eve 1988 when katia was only 17.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It depends on the state.

Grace turned 17 in August. There are 10 states where the age is 18. Neither is CO or IL.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Would it be possible to discuss Gracie Gold in this thread?

http://instagram.com/p/WK-WuJI2Bc/

Apparently, Gracie made cupcakes for Max Aaron's twenty-first birthday.

Happy Birthday to Max Aaron! :hb:
ETA: Make that Happy Belated Birthday (just realized that he was born on Feb 25, not 26).

Minor detail, but I do not see any indication from his tweet and Instagram that the cupcakes are homemade with Gold's own two hands. No matter, still a festive gift either way.

Not sayin' that professionally-baked treats would be cause for any shame. The necessary skills to decorate them so nicely -- and to package them so expertly that they look so good even after long-distance shipping -- would be as impressive as any triple jump, if you ask me. :laugh:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am secretly Brian Boitano. ;)

And not sayin' that skaters cannot be highly accomplished in all kinds of other fields -- right, Mr. Boitano? ;)

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Even your fave Artur? I tend to think if he had a girlfriend he would not look so miserable all the time. No clue about his orientation however he doesn't strike me as obviously playing for the other team.:

Artur is dating Katarina Gerboldt. Apparently. ;)

I thought the note was really adorable. However, if Max's costumes are a bit tight at Worlds, we know who to blame :p

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
G/G had about the the same age difference as Max and Gracie have. I read somewhere that Sergei kissed Katia for the first time on New Years eve 1988 when katia was only 17.

Wow, kissing at 17 years old.

MIND BLOWING.