Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Can Gracie Gold handle the pressure?

Banned

Re: Can Gracie Gold handle the pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I guess it's not unrealistic to imagine that Sasha may have had a good chance at Bronze, but I doubt she would have leapfrogged over Mao (who beat her as well as the eventual OGM in the 2005-2006 season during the GPF) so she could "duke it out with YuNa". While Sasha was a fantastic SP skater, I have no idea how she would compete with clean+3/3 YuNa and clean+3A Mao. And in the FS, both of the younger skaters were capable of monster scores whereas Sasha has always struggled in that segment of the competition.

We also need the combined scores!

Sasha 183.36 (OLY 2006)
    Sasha 181.29 (Worlds 2006)

Mao 205.50 (OLY 2010)
    Mao 197.58 (Worlds 2010)

The difference between Sasha's higher combined score and Mao's lower combined score is 14.22. I don't know how close 14.22 points off is, really.

Although, I agree that she was not a second-rate skater. She had unique abilities that she did particularly beautifully and which unfortunately do not translate into points under CoP (as someone else pointed out.)
    Those scores aren't really comparable.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateNater View Post
    Those scores aren't really comparable.
    Of course they aren't! But I'm not the one who first brought it up.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Would it be possible to discuss Gracie Gold in this thread?

http://instagram.com/p/WK-WuJI2Bc/

Apparently, Gracie made cupcakes for Max Aaron's twenty-first birthday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    How old are the posters here? Is this an adolescent forum, or do adults actually post here?

I don't understand the petty favor-battles that are going on. Does it really hurt people's feelings that much when people are critical of their favorites?

Are all the top coaches and skaters shadow posting on this forum with aliases?

Quote Originally Posted by SkateNater View Post
    Are all the top coaches and skaters shadow posting on this forum with aliases?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I am secretly Brian Boitano.

^^^^

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I laughed.

Custom Title
    Gracie Gold and Max Aaron
    Golden couple? Is this a form of marketing for Gracie going into the Olympic season? The US men's gold medalist and the rising princess with the golden last name are now a couple and/or BFFs. Those cupcakes look really good, Gracie obviously values her relationship with Max, those had to take a long time to make...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Gracie Gold and Max Aaron
    Golden couple? Is this a form of marketing for Gracie going into the Olympic season? The US men's gold medalist and the rising princess with the golden last name are now a couple and/or BFFs. Those cupcakes look really good, Gracie obviously values her relationship with Max, those had to take a long time to make...
    If you read the note, Gracie very specifically mentions the word "girlfriend" so I think it's safe to say they're going out.

And so the fundamental Murphy's Law continues: All the cute guys are taken or gay. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Gee, I thought it was Timothy Goebel who went into mathematics.

Best regards,

Marina Klimova

(I've always loved her hair.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    If you read the note, Gracie very specifically mentions the word "girlfriend" so I think it's safe to say they're going out.

And so the fundamental Murphy's Law continues: All the cute guys are taken or gay. :(
    Even your fave Artur? I tend to think if he had a girlfriend he would not look so miserable all the time. No clue about his orientation however he doesn't strike me as obviously playing for the other team.

And wow I definitely did not think Aaron and Gold were a real couple...would never have guessed they were each others types lol but I can't wait to see what the media does with this going into Sochi

Custom Title
    Wow - I came in this thread just in time to be someone else. Let's see...................I think I'll be that pairs skater, Elena Berezhnaya, so I can wake up next to Alexei Yagudin every morning. OH NO - got my Russian pairs skaters mixed up. I MEANT Totmianana.

I think the obsessive and sensitive reaction of some when their favorite skaters are discussed is kind of silly, frankly. There are certain threads I won't even go in because it's so uncomfortable that you can't have a decent discussion without getting lambasted.

Hmmmm - Gracie and Max! That's interesting. She makes a mean cupcake, that's for sure!
    Last edited by noskates; 02-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Whoa, they're a couple? Is she even legal yet?

Custom Title
    G/G had about the the same age difference as Max and Gracie have. I read somewhere that Sergei kissed Katia for the first time on New Years eve 1988 when katia was only 17.

It depends on the state.

Grace turned 17 in August. There are 10 states where the age is 18. Neither is CO or IL.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast