Skate Canada so far... | Golden Skate

Skate Canada so far...

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Your thoughts. It disgusts me that undeserving skaters get such a huge bonus from their federation((

Selene

On the Ice
The most fraudulent event on the Grand Prix series. The scores awarded to Osmond, Chan, and Virtue/Moir so far illustrate why no one takes figure skating seriously as a sport. Get ready for the same nonsense to occur at Worlds, as it is being held in Canada.

carignan

Rinkside
It seems that ISU judges don't like Pasquale Camerlengo's choreographies, which look very artistic to me. (Akiko, Daisuke, W/P) Probably they are too difficult to understand for them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It seems that ISU judges don't like Pasquale Camerlengo's choreographies, which look very artistic to me. (Akiko, Daisuke, W/P) Probably they are too difficult to understand for them.

I really liked W/P's FD at Skate America (saw that in person), but they made too many little errors relative to B/S. But the packaging is great and I think it will score well once they clean up their tech.

I know a lot of people did not like Akiko's SP, but I still enjoyed it -- I think she wants a good challenge as far as performance and choreography. :)

Evgenia

Rinkside
The most fraudulent event on the Grand Prix series. The scores awarded to Osmond, Chan, and Virtue/Moir so far illustrate why no one takes figure skating seriously as a sport. Get ready for the same nonsense to occur at Worlds, as it is being held in Canada.

Too bad I have to watch this again. Depression :cry:

Bruin714

On the Ice
IMHO, the judges are doing a bad job. Maybe they're being influenced too much by the audience reaction. I don't blame Skate Canada.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Skate Canada continues its reputation as the most corrupted GP
personally I think Skate Canad should be removed from the isu Grand Prix with their superinflated scores see Chan and Osmond

World Championships 2013 prediction:

Patrick Chan - Gold
Katelyn Osmond - Gold ( will topple Yuna's World Record Score ) lol waht a joke :sarcasm:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Your thoughts. It disgusts me that undeserving skaters get such a huge bonus from their federation((

Skate Canada continues its reputation as the most corrupted GP
personally I think Skate Canad should be removed from the isu Grand Prix with their superinflated scores see Chan and Osmond

World Championships 2013 prediction:

Patrick Chan - Gold
Katelyn Osmond - Gold ( will topple Yuna's World Record Score ) lol waht a joke :sarcasm:

Please check the panels of judges sections under each event in this link:

Skate Canada 2012

Except the panels of judges for men's LP and Free Dance which haven't been displayed there yet, you could find the judges' names and origins in every event. In each event, there was only one Canadian judge in there out of nine judges. What are your bases to accuse Canadian federation?!

Last edited:

all that

Final Flight

Wow. Skate Canada must have so much power to rig events in this way. Why do you think the other federations are so weak and pathetic?

thumbyskates

Rinkside
Please check the panels of judges sections under each event in this link:

Skate Canada 2012

Except the panels of judges for men's LP and Free Dance which haven't been displayed there yet, you could find the judges' names and origins in every event. In each event, there was only one Canadian judge in there out of nine judges. What are your bases to accuse Canadian federation?!

So very agreed - I've never understood how an international panel can or would have bias?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So very agreed - I've never understood how an international panel can or would have bias?

I'm not going to go there with the bias theory. But some thoughts:

Akiko Suzuki got PCS of 28.95 in the SP. If you double that amount you get 57.90 (as you typically get double your SP score if you perform the same as the SP). In the FS she got PCS of 59.82, a difference of 1.92 points from the doubled PCS in the SP.

Kaetlyn Osmond received PCS of 27.35 in the SP. A gap of 1.60 points from Suzuki. If you double that amount, you get 54.70. In the FS she received PCS of 59.61, a difference of 4.91 points from the doubled PCS. And the gap between her an Akiko is a mere .21.

So:
** How did the judges decide that Katelyn's FS was so much better that they cut her PCS gap with Akiko by 1.39 points overnight?
** Also, why did the judges think Katelyn's FS was so much better artistically that she received an average increase of nearly a full point more for all categories?

Just food for thought, that's all.

ivy

On the Ice
It is hard for me to see how the Canadian federation that organizes Skate Canada can have undo influence here. Ultimately it's all ISU judges and referees. If the results of Skate Canada are manipulated, it's an ISU problem and the results for the rest of the GP series would be just as questionable

There may be a home town advantage for Canadian skaters, and Skate Canada gets extra skaters as host picks, if I understand correctly. It's not super surprising that Canadians would do well. Like Russians at CoR, and Japanese at NHK

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
There may be a home town advantage for Canadian skaters, and Skate Canada gets extra skaters as host picks, if I understand correctly. It's not super surprising that Canadians would do well. Like Russians at CoR, and Japanese at NHK

Exactly!:yes:

To me, it's simple - Home town advantage which every host country has been enjoying and happily accepted by fans of every winner in everywhere around the world, not just in Canada. Lysacek got it in LA for 2009 worlds. Takahashi got it in Japan for WTT. Why is it different this time?

I'm no Osmond fan before. I've never seen her skating until this time. She was good. I was surprised that Canada does have some high level ladies.:p I agree that she got a little bit high on PCS. But not much. It was an acceptable amount. Akiko lost badly in SP. She has certainly won the LP. It was right to place Osmond in the second place in LP.

Last edited:

Scout

Final Flight
I'm not going to go there with the bias theory. But some thoughts:

Akiko Suzuki got PCS of 28.95 in the SP. If you double that amount you get 57.90 (as you typically get double your SP score if you perform the same as the SP). In the FS she got PCS of 59.82, a difference of 1.92 points from the doubled PCS in the SP.

Kaetlyn Osmond received PCS of 27.35 in the SP. A gap of 1.60 points from Suzuki. If you double that amount, you get 54.70. In the FS she received PCS of 59.61, a difference of 4.91 points from the doubled PCS. And the gap between her an Akiko is a mere .21.

So:
** How did the judges decide that Katelyn's FS was so much better that they cut her PCS gap with Akiko by 1.39 points overnight?
** Also, why did the judges think Katelyn's FS was so much better artistically that she received an average increase of nearly a full point more for all categories?

Just food for thought, that's all.

Maybe skating first in the short hurt her PCS then, and if she had skated later, they would have been higher? Maybe Kaetlyn skated faster in the FS, covered the ice surface better? Maybe the choreography of her LP is different from the choreography of her short? There are possible reasons, some more valid than others...And of course, a hometown bonus might be one of them.