Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada

Custom Title

Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada

In my view, Akiko was the clear winner and Osmond's score in the FS was way too high. In fact, I would have placed her 4th in the FS and just edging out Liza for the Bronze (Akiko, Kanako, and Liza were all undermarked). The Judging was a disgrace and I think the ISU should carry out an inquiry. Results like this jeopardise the credibility of the sport, and lessons need to be learned to prevent a repetition.
    Last edited by Mao88; 10-27-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Custom Title
    Let it be..I wouldn't require enquiry now but the question is can Canada host WC without such homerism? If smth like this happens there then, of course, it should be taken to consideration somehow..

Custom Title
    I don't think it's necessary. GP events aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things, and we really see "home cooking" of scores everywhere. I disagree with the result but even if you scored Kaetlyn a point lower on PCS she still would have won.

Banned
    I demand an inquiry Kanako, Liza, and Aiko were robbed of a better ranking
    those ridiculous Osmonds PCS should be put into inquiry !

Custom Title
    Why don't one of you draft the inquiry proposal so we can clearly see the protested points rather than simple accusations and declarations?

Nope, I don't think it's needed either. It was poor judging, but I'm sure that someone will bring it up (and not just in a skating forum either) in a more casual light so perhaps it won't happen in a future competition. That's better than Akiko winning after a arbitrary ruling.

Custom Title
    I really dont get these complaints of home cooking... arent the judges international?
    Maybe I am wrong and they are all Canadian judges - does Skate Canada have the same judges as the Canadian Nationals? Maybe that is the case now for all the GPS ie COR will have Russian judges, NHK will have Japanese judges and so on and so on and so on....

If its home cooking - it surely looked like a wonderful soup.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    I really dont get these complaints of home cooking... arent the judges international?
    Maybe I am wrong and they are all Canadian judges - does Skate Canada have the same judges as the Canadian Nationals? Maybe that is the case now for all the GPS ie COR will have Russian judges, NHK will have Japanese judges and so on and so on and so on....

If its home cooking - it surely looked like a wonderful soup.
    no its based also from previous results, while I agree there will always be some inflation on home soil but at Skate Canada its just so obvious
    if you look like in NHK, CoR and CoC they have better judging for all skaters not saying its perfect but better, don't know why this happens :/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    no its based also from previous results, while I agree there will always be some inflation on home soil but at Skate Canada its just so obvious
    if you look like in NHK, CoR and CoC they have better judging for all skaters not saying its perfect but better, don't know why this happens :/
    Weren't previous results also from a group of international judges, but not Canadian judges?

I love Kaetlyn and I think she is a star. She will get bonus "beauty" points for her PCS scores and she is very musical as well.
    I think Canada has found itself another star.

I wouldn't necessarily do an enquiry on her though. Overall I think it would have been a close call all in with Akiko and her because the later had a lower score based on her SP!

I am proud of Akiko for producing clean programs! Great job!

I think Akiko was underscored in terms of PCS while Kaetlyn was overscored in the PCS area.

There is no point in the ISU investigating itself.

Custom Title
    The result of the Ladies competition illustrates why the general public doesn't take figure skating seriously as a sport. The judging is not fair and is based mostly on politics. Skate Canada is particularly good at politicking on behalf of its skaters. Canadian skaters are always overscored in international competition and are routinely gifted gold medals (e.g. Patrick Chan and Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir at 2012 Worlds.) Most objective viewers thought Akiko Suzuki was the deserving winner of the Ladies competition, but Skate Canada managed to get another one of its skaters a gifted gold medal for an inferior skate.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    The result of the Ladies competition illustrates why the general public doesn't take figure skating seriously as a sport. The judging is not fair and is based mostly on politics. Skate Canada is particularly good at politicking on behalf of its skaters. Canadian skaters are always overscored in international competition and are routinely gifted gold medals (e.g. Patrick Chan and Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir at 2012 Worlds.) Most objective viewers thought Akiko Suzuki was the deserving winner of the Ladies competition, but Skate Canada managed to get another one of its skaters a gifted gold medal for an inferior skate.
    Too bad they couldn't politic Osmond a second GP spot...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I wish you would support each of your statements with some facts.

Somehow it was OK and exciting for Liza, a first time youngster from Russian, to win the same event last year.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast