Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada | Golden Skate

Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada

Mao88

Record Breaker
Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada

In my view, Akiko was the clear winner and Osmond's score in the FS was way too high. In fact, I would have placed her 4th in the FS and just edging out Liza for the Bronze (Akiko, Kanako, and Liza were all undermarked). The Judging was a disgrace and I think the ISU should carry out an inquiry. Results like this jeopardise the credibility of the sport, and lessons need to be learned to prevent a repetition.

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Let it be..I wouldn't require enquiry now but the question is can Canada host WC without such homerism? If smth like this happens there then, of course, it should be taken to consideration somehow..

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I don't think it's necessary. GP events aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things, and we really see "home cooking" of scores everywhere. I disagree with the result but even if you scored Kaetlyn a point lower on PCS she still would have won.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I demand an inquiry Kanako, Liza, and Aiko were robbed of a better ranking
those ridiculous Osmonds PCS should be put into inquiry !

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Why don't one of you draft the inquiry proposal so we can clearly see the protested points rather than simple accusations and declarations?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nope, I don't think it's needed either. It was poor judging, but I'm sure that someone will bring it up (and not just in a skating forum either) in a more casual light so perhaps it won't happen in a future competition. That's better than Akiko winning after a arbitrary ruling.

emdee

Final Flight
I really dont get these complaints of home cooking... arent the judges international?
Maybe I am wrong and they are all Canadian judges - does Skate Canada have the same judges as the Canadian Nationals? Maybe that is the case now for all the GPS ie COR will have Russian judges, NHK will have Japanese judges and so on and so on and so on....

If its home cooking - it surely looked like a wonderful soup.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I really dont get these complaints of home cooking... arent the judges international?
Maybe I am wrong and they are all Canadian judges - does Skate Canada have the same judges as the Canadian Nationals? Maybe that is the case now for all the GPS ie COR will have Russian judges, NHK will have Japanese judges and so on and so on and so on....

If its home cooking - it surely looked like a wonderful soup.

no its based also from previous results, while I agree there will always be some inflation on home soil but at Skate Canada its just so obvious
if you look like in NHK, CoR and CoC they have better judging for all skaters not saying its perfect but better, don't know why this happens :/

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
no its based also from previous results, while I agree there will always be some inflation on home soil but at Skate Canada its just so obvious
if you look like in NHK, CoR and CoC they have better judging for all skaters not saying its perfect but better, don't know why this happens :/

Weren't previous results also from a group of international judges, but not Canadian judges?:confused:

christinaskater

Medalist
I love Kaetlyn and I think she is a star. She will get bonus "beauty" points for her PCS scores and she is very musical as well.
I think Canada has found itself another star.

I wouldn't necessarily do an enquiry on her though. Overall I think it would have been a close call all in with Akiko and her because the later had a lower score based on her SP!

I am proud of Akiko for producing clean programs! Great job!

Selene

On the Ice
The result of the Ladies competition illustrates why the general public doesn't take figure skating seriously as a sport. The judging is not fair and is based mostly on politics. Skate Canada is particularly good at politicking on behalf of its skaters. Canadian skaters are always overscored in international competition and are routinely gifted gold medals (e.g. Patrick Chan and Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir at 2012 Worlds.) Most objective viewers thought Akiko Suzuki was the deserving winner of the Ladies competition, but Skate Canada managed to get another one of its skaters a gifted gold medal for an inferior skate.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The result of the Ladies competition illustrates why the general public doesn't take figure skating seriously as a sport. The judging is not fair and is based mostly on politics. Skate Canada is particularly good at politicking on behalf of its skaters. Canadian skaters are always overscored in international competition and are routinely gifted gold medals (e.g. Patrick Chan and Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir at 2012 Worlds.) Most objective viewers thought Akiko Suzuki was the deserving winner of the Ladies competition, but Skate Canada managed to get another one of its skaters a gifted gold medal for an inferior skate.

Too bad they couldn't politic Osmond a second GP spot...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

I wish you would support each of your statements with some facts.

Somehow it was OK and exciting for Liza, a first time youngster from Russian, to win the same event last year.

Too bad they couldn't politic Osmond a second GP spot...

Seriously!

But maybe it's not too late. Amelie LaCoste could be persuaded to do her patriotic duty and come up with an injury that knocks her out of Cup of China.

Or Skate Canada could lean on Great Britain to replace Jenna McCorkell in France.

Plus, there is Alissa Czisny's spot in NHK to go after.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Figure skating is a 2 program event and Akiko unfortunately blew the SP, but great for her to come roaring back in the LP! The results show how important it is for these skaters to have a clean SP. Wishing Suzuki better luck in the SP next time! :)

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Plus, there is Alissa Czisny's spot in NHK to go after.
Heh, I was just thinking about what happens if that spot opens up. Betcha Nagasu gets that invite; no way are the Japanese going to invite Osmond! (Unless they desire an Osmond-Sukuki rematch.)

Ravensque

On the Ice

Somehow it was OK and exciting for Liza, a first time youngster from Russian, to win the same event last year.

I was about to post the same thing. When Liza won I don't recall such a vindictive uproar. Perhaps it's because she's from Canada, not U.S., Russia, or Japan and she screwed up the predictions :laugh:

Irishflip

On the Ice

Because Elizaveta landed all her jumps? Because she wasn't given nines in some of her components and no one else skated as cleanly as her at all including the person who beat her in the long.