Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 129

Thread: Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada

  1. #106
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,152
    You apparently missed the confidence and command Wagner had a SA. She made a few errors and was dinged on GOE (rightfully) for those. Her PCS was deserved, especially in relation to the other skaters.

    D/W were sufficiently hit for their FD- they only scored 104+ and are usually 110+ skaters.

    American pairs were all slammed on PCS at SA.

    Try again.

  2. #107
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    You apparently missed the confidence and command Wagner had a SA. She made a few errors and was dinged on GOE (rightfully) for those. Her PCS was deserved, especially in relation to the other skaters.

    D/W were sufficiently hit for their FD- they only scored 104+ and are usually 110+ skaters.

    American pairs were all slammed on PCS at SA.

    Try again.
    1. Wagner's PCS were okay, but I don't think she'll get quite that high at TEB

    2. D/W's PCS were quite high for a work in progress. They were higher than they were last season, and Die Fliedermaus was basically perfect from the getgo.

    2. D/C were overscored PCS wise

  3. #108
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Totally agree. Some posters are venomous in their anger. I hope they are given an infraction.
    There is nothhing wrong with having a different opinion but state it with civility. One shudders to think of the kind of upbringing these people have.
    I haven't been following every thread about Osmond, but can you give an example of when the opinion that Suzuki should have won wasn't stated with civility? No matter how individuals on this forum may feel about the outcome of Skate Canada, I haven't seen a single person blatantly attack a sixteen-year-old girl for marks that, in the end, were given at the discretion of the judges. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that some less-than-courteous reactions (which I have not yet seen) are a result of, as you say, a faulty "upbringing." Such an assumption is, after all, no better than the "venomous" backlashes against Osmond.

  4. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    57
    Canadian competitions are consistently the least fair and most biased toward their home skaters. This is just another example. If the ISU wanted to have any credibility it would throw out crooked judges and throw out this worthless scoring system, a system which as you can see here has NOT removed blatant favoritism and bias. Now we still have a crooked system, secret judging, as well as scores disconnected from the overall performance.

    Here's the sad truth - it's not going to get better. The people in control of skating are corrupt. If you're hoping for change you can forget it.

  5. #110
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I haven't been following every thread about Osmond, but can you give an example of when the opinion that Suzuki should have won wasn't stated with civility? No matter how individuals on this forum may feel about the outcome of Skate Canada, I haven't seen a single person blatantly attack a sixteen-year-old girl for marks that, in the end, were given at the discretion of the judges. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that some less-than-courteous reactions (which I have not yet seen) are a result of, as you say, a faulty "upbringing." Such an assumption is, after all, no better than the "venomous" backlashes against Osmond.
    Mea culpa. my posting was definitely coloured with uncivil opinions stated elsewhere about this skater and others that have upset me from time to time.

  6. #111
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Mea culpa. my posting was definitely coloured with uncivil opinions stated elsewhere about this skater and others that have upset me from time to time.
    Sorry?

  7. #112
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I haven't been following every thread about Osmond, but can you give an example of when the opinion that Suzuki should have won wasn't stated with civility? No matter how individuals on this forum may feel about the outcome of Skate Canada, I haven't seen a single person blatantly attack a sixteen-year-old girl for marks that, in the end, were given at the discretion of the judges. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that some less-than-courteous reactions (which I have not yet seen) are a result of, as you say, a faulty "upbringing." Such an assumption is, after all, no better than the "venomous" backlashes against Osmond.
    It might help if you take time and read through every post in every thread about Skate Canada, not just Osmond.

  8. #113
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,969
    Foreverfish is right. There might been a few posts of a more venomous nature, but I think 95 percent of the posters commenting on Skate Canada/Osmond threads have pretty much been in the "judges gave Osmond PCS scores too close to Suzuki" variety along with some supporting reasons why. There has been a few more posters questioning the politics of the judging, which I think is within reason (that's always a topic; for heaven's sake, we have a thread on "most powerful federation!"). And a few more analyzing Osmond's skating at Skate Canada (choreography, tech content, etc).

    I think the worst posts have been the ones that say something along "Osmond is going to get scores she doesn't deserve at Worlds because they're at Canada," "Osmond is a lock for whatever because of XYZ" or "Skate Canada is a crooked/corrupt federation." I certainly don't agree with those posts and they are clearly coming from the same handful of posters (at most 4-5).

    There's been more posts, in my opinion, complaining of these mean posts than the actual mean posts themselves.

  9. #114
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Sorry?
    No my mistake.....

  10. #115
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    It might help if you take time and read through every post in every thread about Skate Canada, not just Osmond.
    Unfortunately, time prohibits me from doing so--I do have a life outside of philosophizing about figure skating . I think I've read through a good majority of the Skate Canada threads since I was so upset after Gracie Gold's seventh-place finish, and have yet to find many (if any) posts of a truly malicious nature toward Osmond herself. Most of the negative reactions have been towards Skate Canada or the judges.
    Last edited by ForeverFish; 11-04-2012 at 11:14 PM.

  11. #116
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    No my mistake.....
    I meant 'sorry' as in asking for clarification on your comment, but that works just as well.

  12. #117
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Unfortunately, time prohibits me from doing so--I do have a life outside of philosophizing about figure skating . I think I've read through a good majority of the Skate Canada threads since I was so upset after Gracie Gold's seventh-place finish, and have yet to find many (if any) posts of a truly malicious nature toward Osmond herself. Most of the negative reactions have been towards Skate Canada or the judges.
    Which was not right!

  13. #118
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Which was not right!
    No, it wasn't, but I was disputing emdee's comment in regards to the erroneous belief that Osmond was being attacked. Not many people will go out of their way to destroy a sixteen-year-old girl.

  14. #119
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    No, it wasn't, but I was disputing emdee's comment in regards to the erroneous belief that Osmond was being attacked. Not many people will go out of their way to destroy a sixteen-year-old girl.
    She didn't mention a word about Osmond if you go back to read the quote you've quoted from her.

    Anyway, it should be herself to explain her intention. I didn't take her quote in the way you took it.

  15. #120
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    She didn't mention a word about Osmond if you go back to read the quote you've quoted from her.

    Anyway, it should be herself to explain her intention. I didn't take her quote in the way you took it.
    I know she didn't mention Osmond, but in my reply, I was only addressing Osmond (the reason for all of the debate) and the fact that no one has attacked her, since it seemed to me that emdee was lamenting the negativity after Skate Canada in general.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •