Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Free Dance (1:40 PST/4:40EST) | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Free Dance (1:40 PST/4:40EST)

blue eyed birds

Spectator
The link gave an Error, that the page is either removed, or renamed, or the address is wrong:

"Ошибка! Запрашиваемая вами страница не найдена на портале "СПОРТ-ЭКСПРЕСС".

Возможно, вы неправильно набрали адрес страницы, или данная страница была удалена с сервера, или переименована."

The link is truncated. Try this.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
:confused: Who? I was watching Sport on tvteak (Asahi TV doesn't show dances and pairs) and I don't remember any "wow!" particular. As if you can know how may times I have watched it. No need to get personal and patronize the opponent. Besides all technical mistakes (and yet super high GOE :laugh:), low speed and heaviness, especially of Tessa, there are a lot of other things that don't correspond to any idea of "wonderful" to my mind. It's dull, not interesting, false and forced in emotions, the music arrange is just desperate- long and sleepy, then suddenly the faster part to end the whole thing. Could be an average dance of dancers below 5th place in ranking if V/M didn't have OGM and other titles. IMO all this so-called unusualness of the dance was created to hide the poor technique and health issue that they have to deal now.

But isn't that just what you're doing let's talk - bashing & disrespecting your opponent (and, at the same time, revealing your very poor language skills). You also appear not to understand how ice dance is scored. If V/M's program was so dull, why did you watch it so many times? Bottom line - they are incredible & that's why they have the OGM & Worlds x2. Time to get over your jealousy if you're a true fan.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I´ve read a few. Some love it, some hate it, pretty much the same thing you see here and on other boards.
Precisely. That's why I don't really get why Russia was brought up as the place where that Carmen fits perfectly. Even on online boards opinions are different. Not saying that most of people who visit arenas don't read or write on boards at all. Also, with the popularity of classic stage there, like ballet and opera, I would say that Italians have more chances to be appreciated by the local audience.
The link is truncated. Try this.
Oh,... Emdee should have warned me that by "respected commentator" he/she meant Vaitsehovskaya. Just recently she wrote that Morozov and Dai made their deal in JWC in Minsk where in fact none of them were. In the interview with Katsalapov a few weeks ago she wrote that Dai was going to Skate America. In the interview with Plush after the test skate in Odintsovo, recorded by his fans on youtube, i.e. smth. she can't edit, she mixed up Tchaikovsky "Swan lake" with "Swan" of Saint-Saens. Just today in the same sport-express she wrote that Dai landed two quads in FS in WC in Nice. But the "best" part is where she wrote that Dai was dumped by his biological parents in early childhood and adopted by the rich childless family. Wtt? :eek: Is she even well? Ever heard about libel? http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/25859/ If V/M fans want to have such a tabloid journalist as some backup of their opinon, it's up to them. But I doubt they should expect everyone to follow the view of someone so "professional" and "knowledgable". Still to be fair here in the article she wrote one valid thing: "It is a such thin line over which the fine art becomes the vulgarity. This Carmen dance choreographed by Zueva is balancing on this line from start to end". At least Vaitsehovskaya wasn't the one. Here is another article with anatomy class lexics: www.thestar.com/sports/article/1278...-scott-moir-cop-gold-with-steamy-free-program :biggrin:
revealing your very poor language skills
Here I agree completely, Your Grammarian Diva-ness. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

mskater93

Record Breaker
"let's talk" was banned by FSU, and now is trying to stir it up here. I wondered why these posts seemed so familiar....

You can report posts that violate GS or put a poster on ignore or choose to read and then laugh at the poster's comments. :) Ignore is a WONDERFUL feature for people you don't agree with!!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Wonderful. So what we are having here from V/M fans: respect to some tabloid press, bullying non-native English speaker's grammar skills (are they even serious? :p) and advocating for giving non-V/M uber the Badge of Honour "Banned for bashing Skate Canada!" :laugh:

Carry on. :popcorn:

Then some people get upset when nationalism is brought up. Or feel disappointed that not so many non-NA posters are around. They are not around because they read posts like that and don't want to posts. :slink:

Last edited by a moderator:

katha

On the Ice
I've been lurking for the last few months and it's been some time since I posted something, but just wanted to add my two cents on this: Shaming non-native speakers for what is perceived as "not perfect" English, even if what they are writing is perfectly understandable, is not cool IMO. Shaming people for spelling mistakes etc. is not cool in general IMO.

About the two Carmens: I liked both. I very much enjoyed C/L's more linear, traditional approach. Don't agree that it's only "skin deep" (as I've read somewhere else on this board), it's restrained but to the point IMO. V/M's approach is interesting and has them finally (finally, finally!!!) go away from their fixation on "lovey dovey" stuff (no, i don't agree with the people who say all their FDs in the last years were totally different and anybody who can't see that is just an ignorant peasant...apart from "Pink Floyd" and to some degree the Latin FD they didn't venture enough out of their comfort zone for me). It did look a bit rough around the edges technically (?), though I'm no expert on that. And there seemed to be too much posing, something which I also found problematic in Krylova/Ovsiannikov's Carmen. I think the much too open and much too posing-heavy middle part Linichuk choreographed actually may have played a role in costing them Olympic gold medal chances.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I want to stress that katha is right: making fun of non native English speakers and writers is something GS frowns upon. I know that I have immense respect for anyone who can formulate their thoughts in a language not their own.

Additionally, it is against the Guidelines to drag fights from other figure skating boards to this board.

Finally, although I edited the phrase "yellow journalism" to "tabloid journalism" in deference to complaints, people should be aware that that is a phrase whose origin dates back to the fights between William Randolph Hearst & Joseph Pulitzer where each accused the other of it, and is used in translated form in both Greek & French, and probably other languages. In fact, "yellow journalism" is blamed in history classes for getting the US into at least 2 if not more wars. The phrase itself dates in the US from a cartoon of the early last century called "The Yellow Kid" about an Irish kid who had a long yellow shirt that had illspelled headline like language on it as part of his conversations. The color yellow gets a generally bad rap from its association with jaundice and the medieval medical theory of "humors", which included yellow bile.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, I posted here something I wanted to write about the CoC FD! Now I've deleted it... :laugh:

Last edited:

blancanieves

On the Ice
I'm sorry, I posted here something I wanted to write about the CoC FD! Now I've deleted it... :laugh:

I saw your post on the CoC FD thread. I have a similar question about one of H/D's lifts which has been downgraded twice now, from L4 last season to L2, at Finlandia and SC. It's the one where Madison does a vertical split while standing on Zach's boot and he's in a crouching position. Anybody have any clues?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'll check out the H/D lift later today. I'm just catching up on reading the forum, post Hurricane Sandy.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Okay, the rules haven't changes for straight line lifts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8BUPAeSZuKc#t=155s

For Level 2
Lifted partner sustains a Difficult Pose for at least 3 seconds or moves through a Change of Pose

OR

Lifting partner sustains a Difficult Position for at least 3 seconds

For Level 3:

Lifted partner sustains a Difficult Pose for at least 3 seconds or moves through a Change of Pose
AND

Lifting partner sustains a Difficult Position for at least 3 seconds

Zach is doing the following difficult position correctly:

g) Crouch with two knees bent (thighs at least parallel to the ice) on two feet;

Madison is attempting:

a) Full split: when the legs of the lifted partner are extended in one line with the angle between
thighs about 180 degrees;

If you look, Madison's split is less than 180 degrees, so she doesn't get credit for a difficult position. Zach's crouch is fine. Unless both partners get credit for a difficult position, the difficult entry makes no difference at all.

They get level 2 for the lift.

blancanieves

On the Ice
Okay, the rules haven't changes for straight line lifts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8BUPAeSZuKc#t=155s

For Level 2

For Level 3:

Zach is doing the following difficult position correctly:

Madison is attempting:

If you look, Madison's split is less than 180 degrees, so she doesn't get credit for a difficult position. Zach's crouch is fine. Unless both partners get credit for a difficult position, the difficult entry makes no difference at all.

They get level 2 for the lift.

Ah, thanks for the analysis. Have to take out the old protractor, I guess ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'll check out the H/D lift later today. I'm just catching up on reading the forum, post Hurricane Sandy.

WHAT?! How could you let something like that get in the way of your message board duties?! Girl, you do more than your fair share so stop apologizing!!