Skate Canada 2012 Mens - Long Program (4:10PM PST/7:10PM EST) | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Mens - Long Program (4:10PM PST/7:10PM EST)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Fernandez pcs makes sense because he is coached by Canadian order so their control here is solid

FTnoona

Final Flight
Is anyone going to say anything about Javier's inflated PCS? Less then 3 points behind Chan? I don't think that is right.

I don't think he should have been 6 points higher than Oda's either. Higher yes, but the gap seems kinda big.

katymay

Medalist
Is anyone going to say anything about Javier's inflated PCS? Less then 3 points behind Chan? I don't think that is right.
I think they are rewarding the choreography, which I felt was brilliant and unusual. Chan has beautiful skating skills, but good God, tonight that is all he did-show off beautiful skating skills...and footwork.

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Wow. I still can't believe it. I'm so glad for Javi and all the podium finishers. I think all 3 have rather good programs.

evangeline

Record Breaker

Yeah, especially on SS. Watching Javi skate after the flow and speed of Oda and Chan was kind of like....well, not very complimentary towards Javi.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Great success for Fernandez extreme catastrophe for gachinski- reverse of 2012 euros

jan

On the Ice
I also think Oda's SS are way underscored. His speed and jump technique are the best in the world. Fernandez is nowhere close to him.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I also think Oda's SS are way underscored. His speed and jump technique are the best in the world. Fernandez is nowhere close to him.

Definitely agree. And unfortunately, it's unlikely to change unless one of Takahashi, Kozuka or Hanyu is out of the picture.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 253.94 Free Skate
2. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 243.43 Free Skate
3. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 238.34 Free Skate
4. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 218.72 Free Skate
5. Ross MINER (USA) - 213.60 Free Skate
6. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 203.70 Free Skate
7. Elladj BALDE (CAN) 199.94 Free Skate
8. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 199.74 Free Skate
9. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 199.58 Free Skate
10. Liam FIRUS (CAN) - 169.67 Free Skate

Great performance by Fernandez!!

Last edited:

burntBREAD

Medalist
Fernandez's flow was frankly quite bad after both Oda and Chan; he was slow not only in between elements but even within the elements (spins were much slower than Oda and Chan). PE, CH, and IN are good, but SS and TR shouldn't be as good.