Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 207

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Mens - Long Program (4:10PM PST/7:10PM EST)

  1. #136
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I also think Oda's SS are way underscored. His speed and jump technique are the best in the world. Fernandez is nowhere close to him.
    Definitely agree. And unfortunately, it's unlikely to change unless one of Takahashi, Kozuka or Hanyu is out of the picture.

  2. #137
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    I don't think he should have been 6 points higher than Oda's either. Higher yes, but the gap seems kinda big.
    That's how I feel. Especially in SS of all things! Otherwise, I'm happy with the way things turned out.

  3. #138
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I also think Oda's SS are way underscored. His speed and jump technique are the best in the world. Fernandez is nowhere close to him.
    OK, I'm pretty much with you there.

  4. #139
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    MEN'S FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

    1. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 253.94 Free Skate
    2. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 243.43 Free Skate
    3. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 238.34 Free Skate
    4. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 218.72 Free Skate
    5. Ross MINER (USA) - 213.60 Free Skate
    6. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 203.70 Free Skate
    7. Elladj BALDE (CAN) 199.94 Free Skate
    8. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 199.74 Free Skate
    9. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 199.58 Free Skate
    10. Liam FIRUS (CAN) - 169.67 Free Skate

    Great performance by Fernandez!!
    Last edited by Mao88; 10-27-2012 at 08:10 PM.

  5. #140
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    848
    Fernandez's flow was frankly quite bad after both Oda and Chan; he was slow not only in between elements but even within the elements (spins were much slower than Oda and Chan). PE, CH, and IN are good, but SS and TR shouldn't be as good.

  6. #141
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Is anyone going to say anything about Javier's inflated PCS? Less then 3 points behind Chan? I don't think that is right.
    But Chan has many visible mistakes. Without them, the gap between Javier's PCS and Chan's would have been much wider.

  7. #142
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,275
    I have always felt Javi's PCS has been too high since last SC. Patrick has been investing in PCS but his improvements are not being recognized and rewarded.

    The one I've always felt the most underscored in PCS is Kozuka. Oda has the great knees and best 3A but I find fault with his posture.

  8. #143
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Is anyone going to say anything about Javier's inflated PCS? Less then 3 points behind Chan? I don't think that is right.
    Its called enough is enough... Chan is a fab skater and if he were clean-sure huge PCS.. But everyone is tired of multiple errors from Patrick and wins because of HUGE PCS advantage. Its making the sport a laughingstock. And considering it won't happen at the Olympics it was unfair to him to let him get away with now. He literally talked about how he really doesn't need a jump coach full time he's doing jumps since he was little. (To be frank this guy is no Yagudin/Plushenko when it comes to his jumps. He's a guy who wins falling a lot.. For him to think this was because of the message those judges were sending him.)

    Chan's the best skater in the world-when he skates well. But doing the elements well has to matter and he gets no favors by being told right now it will. When later on it won't. The other top skaters PCS were going to have to be raised for the sake of the sport.

    SkateFiguring, Chan's PCS have always been through the roof how much higher can they goo. The guy needs to work on the jumps. . (Like him working on all aspects to be frank)

  9. #144
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont remember when I last heard Spain's Anthem!In Football maybe?
    Most likely! I'm dying to see the medal ceremony!!!

  10. #145
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Oda has the great knees and best 3A but I find fault with his posture.
    Not only his posture but also his "skills" of making difficult transitions look difficult.

  11. #146
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,061
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Fantastic Link by the way, many many thanks!
    +1

  12. #147
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    bekalc, it does seem you're arguing two wrongs make a right. Do you agree with Fernandez' PCS?

    Also, will Javier be going for three quads, or did he had the 4T later because of the 3T mistake? Because three quads would be awesome and a way to truly raise the bar.

  13. #148
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    369
    So if I am reading you correctly, the other skaters PCS have to be raised regardless of whether or not they have actually improved in this area??? So if Plushenko does a clean program with no transitions etc. his PCS should be inflated for the sake of the sport?
    I have no issues with the final results but I do have issues with the scond set of scores.

    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Its called enough is enough... Chan is a fab skater and if he were clean-sure huge PCS.. But everyone is tired of multiple errors from Patrick and wins because of HUGE PCS advantage. Its making the sport a laughingstock. And considering it won't happen at the Olympics it was unfair to him to let him get away with now. He literally talked about how he really doesn't need a jump coach full time he's doing jumps since he was little. (To be frank this guy is no Yagudin/Plushenko when it comes to his jumps. He's a guy who wins falling a lot.. For him to think this was because of the message those judges were sending him.)

    Chan's the best skater in the world-when he skates well. But doing the elements well has to matter and he gets no favors by being told right now it will. When later on it won't. The other top skaters PCS were going to have to be raised for the sake of the sport.

    SkateFiguring, Chan's PCS have always been through the roof how much higher can they goo. The guy needs to work on the jumps. . (Like him working on all aspects to be frank)

  14. #149
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    423
    Beautiful flowers, but pretty cheapo looking medals...

  15. #150
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    So if I am reading you correctly, the other skaters PCS have to be raised regardless of whether or not they have actually improved in this area??? So if Plushenko does a clean program with no transitions etc. his PCS should be inflated for the sake of the sport?
    I have no issues with the final results but I do have issues with the scond set of scores.
    Its more about that nobody should be getting PCS in the 9s if they have multiple errors. Chan still had higher PCS than Javier.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •