Thread: West Coasters check in... (7.7 earthquake)

West Coasters check in... (7.7 earthquake)

Earthquake hit off the coast of BC - check in people!

Custom Title
    Oh, my goodness....we're awaiting a hurricane in the East, and now an earthquake? Oh, man. I hope and pray that everyone is okay out West.

sounds like they rode it out well... now the Tsunamis and after shocks are to come.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Earthquake hit off the coast of BC - check in people!
    Really? I didn't feel it in Vancouver. Was I sleeping or watching figure skating? But again, the news said so, and I observed an unusual high tide when I walked my cat (Yes, CAT) along the river (It's salmon season again, lots of them and big). My husband just came back from BC Place and he said the music concert held there was cut short, people were panic, calling their loved ones, wanting to go home early after hearing the news of the earthquake. There were lots of police on the street, he said.
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 10-28-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Everyone, be safe, no matter where you are!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Really? I didn't feel it in Vancouver. Was I sleeping or watching figure skating? But again, the news said so, and I observed an unusual high tide when I walked my cat (Yes, CAT) along the river (It's salmon season again, lots of them and big). My husband just came back from BC Place and he said the music concert held there was cut short, people were panic, calling their loved ones, wanting to go home early after hearing the news of the earthquake. There were lots of police on the street, he said.
    I'm relieved that you, spouse, and perambulating cat are okay. (If I were a cat in a city that has salmon, I'd consent to be walked as well.) I gather that the tsunami didn't hit Hawaii with the intensity that had been feared.

Now it's just us on the east coast in Mother Nature's crosshairs. I hope and pray that all in the path of the weather will be safe.