Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond - Will/should she be given a second Grand Prix ?

Custom Title
    It sucks so much that Kaetlyn cannot be part of NHK.

Considering that Nagasu enter in NHK like 1 day before Alissa Czisny, I think that it's not fair, to not enter other skater for the same reason.
    It's not like the event is tomorow, NHK is in 7 days.

Really What a bad decision that the japanesse federation have did here. Kaetlyn Osmond would have deserve this spot.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It is not the responsibility of the Japanese federation to give Kaetlyn Osmond a spot.
    Period.
    This may be a disappointment to her fans, but it's how it works.

And it isn't 7 days, you have to allow for jet lag and practice days, too.

At this point, it wouldn't be a great idea for Kaetlyn to go.

Does she have to skate Challenge this year, BTW?

Custom Title
    Shelepen's withdrawal and Nagasu's replacement spot were announced on 11/12--11 days before the start of NHK. It's quite likely that the JSF was notified within the 14-day period and chose the replacement before making the announcement.
    Czisny announced her withdrawal yesterday, 11/14 (11/15 in Japan). The JSF decided it was too late to replace Czisny.

It is, after all, their choice.

Custom Title
    The problem here is that Czisny waited too long to withdraw. My feeling is that if Shelepen did not withdraw, Czisny would have earlier to get Nagasu into NHK.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    The problem here is that Czisny waited too long to withdraw. My feeling is that if Shelepen did not withdraw, Czisny would have earlier to get Nagasu into NHK.
    I'm surprised that Czisny withdrew yesterday---I expected her to wait until a couple of days before NHK to withdraw, if at all. She has competed when out of shape and/or injured in the past.

Anyway, Nagasu is one of Czisny's rivals at the National level. I don't see why Alissa would go out of her way to 'help' Mirai.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I believe Osmond mentioned in an interview after SCI that they had a plan for the year and was sticking to it. Osmond doesn't have to compete at Challenge as she has a Bye to Nationals. From what she said, the plan was to do Nebelhorn and SCI and then get back to the regular training leading up to Challenge and Nationals. She mentioned a couple of times the plan was to achieve 170 this year. She has already achieved that twice internationally. She says she wants to maintain that 170. If she does, she will easily win Challenge and Nationals and will do well at 4CC and Worlds. She said in a TV interview the goal this year was to win Nationals and go to Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post

Anyway, Nagasu is one of Czisny's rivals at the National level. I don't see why Alissa would go out of her way to 'help' Mirai.
    I think the pressure was being put on Czisny after her ice show withdraw. But it is a speculation. 2 days or 7 days doesn't matter. With both timeframes, JSF does not have to replace her.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    ... Does she have to skate Challenge this year, BTW?
    If I understand this page correctly (but I am not 100% sure that I do?), Osmond has a bye for Challenge because she was third at Nationals last season.
    http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/deve...ngprocess.aspx

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23
    Not gonna lie... Getting excited for Challenge this year! Cant wait to see everyone again
    3:02 PM - 25 Nov 12

So sounds as if she will compete, unless she plans to attend as a spectator??

Custom Title
    Starting orders for Challenge are up and Osmond is listed as competing.

Custom Title
    So is EMANUEL SANDHU!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6