Thread: Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch

Custom Title

Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch

It's an honor for me to start a thread for this duo here

Luba and Dylan has won the competition named Challenge Pierrefonds 2015 ahead of many great couples. It looks like this competition was held for qualifying to Canadian Nationals. I hope they will be at 4CC and Worlds.

Their FS includes some really nice moments. They look very passionate and technically strong. Good job

SP video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...m-replay_sport
    FS video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c...m-replay_sport
    Interview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c...w-replay_sport
    Last edited by Totentanz; 12-07-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Custom Title
    I love them. They are well suited to each other, and they have very good chemistry.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    From Dylan's twitter, the spelling is:
    Lubov Iliushechkina and Dylan Moscovitch, so I am changing the title of the thread, guys, but they were just wonderful at Challenge!

Love them too. Such good unison in such a short time and she has such a unique classical style which makes them interesting.

I hope that her triple jumps start becoming more consistent, I really want to see them succeed.

Custom Title
    Wow. I didn't know much about Lubov, but based on these videos she is something else.

I was not very interested in a pair skating, but curious about their new partnerships after MT/M's split.

I loved so much their both programs. Lubov is such a beautiful skater! Her graceful, classic moves, which affect Dylan's skating as well were just amazing. I never thought Dylan is a poised and classic skater before. He was a powerful and witty skater to me when he was with Kirsten. I see lots of promises from Dylan and Lubov. Looking forward to seeing them compete soon again!!
    Last edited by mimtang; 12-10-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Custom Title
    Financially they've got some troubles, in that interview from a couple of months ago. Is there a way for us fans to help? How about a Kickstarter or other crowd-sourced funding program?

Custom Title
    anyanka, Dylan lost most of his funding when his previous partnership ended and Lubov wasn't released by Russia to compete in Canada. Now that she has been, he is fully funded again at the senior international level - eighteen thousand dollars. She won't be funded until she has a different status, but I have not yet researched the details. Kirsten, for example, is also funded at eighteen thousand dollars, and Michael Marinaro has funding, but at a lesser amount, last I checked, based on his previous status.

Others know the particulars better, but at least Dylan himself is funded again. They also won approximately 6 thousand Canadian dollars for winning the Warsaw Cup. They're getting good publicity, so perhaps sooner rather than later they will get provincial funding as well, and sponsors too. Their previous struggles were because they were preparing to skate but were in limbo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    anyanka, Dylan lost most of his funding when his previous partnership ended and Lubov wasn't released by Russia to compete in Canada. Now that she has been, he is fully funded again at the senior international level - eighteen thousand dollars. She won't be funded until she has a different status, but I have not yet researched the details. Kirsten, for example, is also funded at eighteen thousand dollars, and Michael Marinaro has funding, but at a lesser amount, last I checked, based on his previous status.

Others know the particulars better, but at least Dylan himself is funded again. They also won approximately 6 thousand Canadian dollars for winning the Warsaw Cup. They're getting good publicity, so perhaps sooner rather than later they will get provincial funding as well, and sponsors too. Their previous struggles were because they were preparing to skate but were in limbo.
    Hi, I'm late in seeing this and replying. Thanks for posting this! Glad that they are getting some funding. I am hoping and expecting they will perform well at nationals, and attract new sponsors soon.

Custom Title
    Whoops, just posted the link to the TSL interview and it got moved here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...83#post1050783

Apologies folks, so many rules that are not top of mind for me and I put it in the wrong place!