Thread: Adelina Sotnikova

Hybrid View

Adelina Sotnikova

I absolutely adored her at Skate America, mistakes and all, and I really like that she is skating like a maturing young lady!

Also I love this. She looks good in yellow!

http://web.stagram.com/p/312044876784293967_51538413

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Rinkside
    Adelina has been my favorite of the new Russian youngsters since I first saw her and nothing has changed since she started competing on the senior circuit. She didn't have a great GP season but it was still decent and I think it's just part of the growing process. It will be interesting to see how she does at Europeans and Worlds (Has she been named to the Worlds team?). I think she's the whole package. And now to find out that she's a Joubert fan. I'm even more impressed!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I cant remember which year's exhibition was that she was wearing a gorgeous black silver dress and was skating to swan lake.Thats my fav of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I cant remember which year's exhibition was that she was wearing a gorgeous black silver dress and was skating to swan lake.Thats my fav of hers.
    If I right remember at WCH Moscow 2011.

Custom Title
    She was really good!! I liked her before, too. But I became an Adelina fan at Euros 2013. Now I hope she will surprise everybody and get a medal at Worlds, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    Yuna fans would not appreciate that tongue clip. Aww little Elena is all dolled up.
    *Massive eye roll and condescending head shaking*
    I decide to look in here for once and see what's new and that's the first thing I read
    Why the desperate need to provoke?
    I love Yuna and enjoy her skating immensely and Adelina's SP in Sochi is one of my all time favorite performances, I've watched it like 20 times (about as often as Yuna's James Bond )

Custom Title
    You may think "why the desperate need to provoke", I ask "why so easily annoyed?" Chill out, it was just a tongue-in-cheek statement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by adelia View Post
    You may think "why the desperate need to provoke", I ask "why so easily annoyed?" Chill out, it was just a tongue-in-cheek statement.
    Nice one.

Custom Title
    Thank you. Of course it was a tongue in cheek comment as I included the wink smilie. But I'll apologize anyway Starlight for annoying you with my little quip.

Custom Title
    I ask "why so easily annoyed?"
    Cause it has gotten older than old, those little "tongue-in-cheek statements" from both sides.
    -------------
    The 2A looks good but I'm not surprised, it is her best jump imo and out of the ladies competing right now she has the strongest one by far.
    Again the 2A in her Sochi SP... for a moment I thought she was going for a triple with the height and speed she had in the air even though she came in from a spiral!

How is DWTS judged in Russia? Right now they've received points from the judges only right? Will the public vote as well at some point?