Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Adelina Sotnikova

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Can someone explain whats going on in the video? First Adelina meets the little Japanese talent and tells her she can be the next Mao??? And what happens next? It's a bit cliché to call Japanese Tv weird, but I can't think of another word

Custom Title
    Adelina Sotnikova. From the begining.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJCfS2UHWA

Custom Title
    Just read that someone hacked and deleted her Instgram and writes to the people she knows in her name...
    Like seriously? Think what you want of her skating and Sochi, but this is just childish and disgusting.
    Poor girl. I hope she'll be able to stand the, dare I say harassment and hatred of some people once the seasons starts, because as soon as she's back on the ice, I fear this is gonna get even worse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    Just read that someone hacked and deleted her Instgram and writes to the people she knows in her name...
    Like seriously? Think what you want of her skating and Sochi, but this is just childish and disgusting.
    Poor girl. I hope she'll be able to stand the, dare I say harassment and hatred of some people once the seasons starts, because as soon as she's back on the ice, I fear this is gonna get even worse.
    Right after Sochi when she was getting death threats, there were people in the Net, on GS as well, who told she must quit all social media. When she didn't, they had no choice but hack her account. Well, one more prove of what kind of people Adelina haters are. She is a very brave girl. I am sure she will open a new account if it's not possible to de-hack and resume the old one.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain View Post
    Right after Sochi when she was getting death threats, there were people in the Net, on GS as well, who told she must quit all social media. When she didn't, they had no choice but hack her account. Well, one more prove of what kind of people Adelina haters are. She is a very brave girl. I am sure she will open a new account if it's not possible to de-hack and resume the old one.
    The judges didn't give a gold medal to the idol they are obsessively fixated on.
    Onoes, sky is falling, world is ending.
    (I think they must be new to both figure skating, and the Olympics :-P).

But do they attack the judges?
    The ones responsible for the result?
    No, they are too stupid for that.

Instead they blame a teenage girl...
    who didn't do anything but skate...
    and try to bully her...

Cowards, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, hoping for an easy target...

It will backfire on them: their disgraceful behaviour will only make rational people (ie. the vast majority) more sympathetic to Adelina, and she will gain more and more support.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    It will backfire on them: their disgraceful behaviour will only make rational people (ie. the vast majority) more sympathetic to Adelina, and she will gain more and more support.
    I think it's already starting to backfire. The moment after the results... well, I didn't think I'd end up posting on an Adelina Fan Fest! But am I, and though it sounds unfair, her haters are partially responsible.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I think it's already starting to backfire. The moment after the results... well, I didn't think I'd end up posting on an Adelina Fan Fest! But am I, and though it sounds unfair, her haters are partially responsible.
    Me too. I've always tried to avoid her thread even though I enjoyed her performance at Sochi better than Yuna. Personally I prefer Caro to be the OGM but it doesn't matter now. What matters is I hope Adelina and get over her mentality and deliver clean performances again. I hope to see that fire and energy in her programs next season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Me too. I've always tried to avoid her thread even though I enjoyed her performance at Sochi better than Yuna. Personally I prefer Caro to be the OGM but it doesn't matter now. What matters is I hope Adelina and get over her mentality and deliver clean performances again. I hope to see that fire and energy in her programs next season.
    I wanted Yuna to defend her title, but the way her craziest fans are treating every potential rival (Adelina most notably, but also Mao at times) has been... off-putting. I went from not really being invested in Adelina to wanting her to skate well in the coming seasons, because all she did in Sochi was (gasp!) deliver some great skates while her competitors did the same.

Custom Title
    I didn't agree with the Sochi result at all, but the way people have gone after Adelina is completely wrong. It wasn't as if she held a gun to the judges' heads or bribed them, she was just competing. It was her duty and her mission. If anything, how she's responded to the public outcry has only made me respect and like her more. I look forward to seeing her new programs this season. Go get'em, Adelinotchka!!

Custom Title
    It is confirmed that her account have been hacked? Maybe she just chose to deleted...

Custom Title
    Yes she said it herself yesterday, she had to create a new one.

I'm also one of those who didn't agree with the Sochi results, I think it was... not a fix, but very veryyy generous towards Russians.
    But that's over now. All the skaters are over it, Yuna is over it, she actually was over it right after the results came up.

I also agree. She's a little girl who had the skate of her life, not a monster.
    And while people like Tarasova chose to be immature and disrespectful towards Yuna and call her costume "from an other time" and say she didn't like both of her programs and thinks she should have gotten even less marks than she got () Adelina never had unkind words for anybody.
    So go girl!

Even if it was proven there was a huge conspiracy during Sochi, that is still no excuse to have any ill-will towards Adelina, as everyone else has already said. She couldn't have had anything to do with anything, she is just a teenage skater and all she did was skate the heck out of her programs. Anyone that personally attacks her is just a low human being, there is no excuse for what lengths a lot of people have gone to.

I hope she has good people around her and a good mindset to not let these things get to her too badly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by satine94 View Post
    Even if it was proven there was a huge conspiracy during Sochi, that is still no excuse to have any ill-will towards Adelina, as everyone else has already said. She couldn't have had anything to do with anything, she is just a teenage skater and all she did was skate the heck out of her programs. Anyone that personally attacks her is just a low human being, there is no excuse for what lengths a lot of people have gone to.

I hope she has good people around her and a good mindset to not let these things get to her too badly.
    From the posts on social media, her fellow skaters seem to like and respect her. You can see her in pics with the Shibs, Caro, Jeremy, Mao, and many others while performing on the road. That's great that she has such camaraderie. She may not have been a popular winner (outside of Russia and the journalistic debate), but her peers think otherwise. That's a level of support she needs to continue and grow as a competitor and artist.

Quote Originally Posted by ManLady View Post
    i think it is particularly tasteless that yuna kim hasn't distanced herself from her fans' rancor & called them out on it. Surely she knows about it. She could have lowered the amount of hate directed at adelina. Not very queen-like.

anyways i do like this program. wonder what was up with the jumps.
    I was just a quiet lurker here and also this is the Adelina folder but I can't help but comment on this one. Yuna cannot control the actions of her fans especially rabid/crazy ones. I think it's really unfair for Yuna that you blame her for the actions of other people. Also, the actions of the fans do not reflect Yuna's opinions and character. Didn't she say she's over Sochi results quite a few times already? Isn't that enough on her part? For the record, I also do not agree with the hate that Adelina gets. I think she's a good skater, a quite powerful jumper too.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    I was just a quiet lurker here and also this is the Adelina folder but I can't help but comment on this one. Yuna cannot control the actions of her fans especially rabid/crazy ones. I think it's really unfair for Yuna that you blame her for the actions of other people. Also, the actions of the fans do not reflect Yuna's opinions and character. Didn't she say she's over Sochi results quite a few times already? Isn't that enough on her part? For the record, I also do not agree with the hate that Adelina gets. I think she's a good skater, a quite powerful jumper too.
    Yeah, I am sure even if Yuna knew about this and called out to her fanatics to stop, they would continue harassing Adelina anyways. They are fanatics, they don't need reason. For sure Yuna never wants her fans to treat other competitors that way. She is just an introverted lady. It's good that she is over all of those burdens now. I hope Adelina the best as well.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast