Adelina Sotnikova | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

ordinary person

On the Ice
These are different personal opinions :)
But if the problem about her dress is it's openness for you-
Watch what Sasha wore back then : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUIDWF1zRw she has a cleavage that goes down to her navel there. ..
Or Anna Pogorilaya : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sex212pYGPQ
basically making it look like she's naked with some blue stripes across her upper body.. and she is way younger than Adelina.

Is Adelina planning on wearing the "lingerie outfit":D in her FS during the competitive season as well?

I was actually talking about the bottom part of her Lingerie costume.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't know if you've seen these videos of Adelina's coach, when she was young (12 maybe?) at the Olympics 1976 and at worlds in 1978.
She was a strong jumper and one of the best Free Program skaters at the time.
She won the Free at Worlds in Japan in 1977 beating Fratianne and Poetsch.
Apparently she was not good with figures though, and unfortunately later on she had many health problems.

1976 Olympics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFwmKrVbo8
1978 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlopVpUPAQY

That 2A is huge, even for today standards! :rock:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Holy 2a's all over the place!!!!! So much height. I like the bite of lemon too before she took the ice :laugh: No wonder Adelina does her axels so friggin' high.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I don't know if you've seen these videos of Adelina's coach, when she was young (12 maybe?) at the Olympics 1976 and at worlds in 1978.
She was a strong jumper and FS skater. Apparently she was not good with figures though, and later one she had many health problems.

1976 Olympics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFwmKrVbo8
1978 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlopVpUPAQY

That 2A is huge, even for today standarts! :rock:
Wow! Amazing height on those axels...! I had no idea...

Scott512

Record Breaker
AdeQueena is growing into a beautiful woman and I hope she attacks the 2014 with a vengeance to show her Sochi gold form was the real Adelina. But we shall see.

I was surprised to see such a revealing dress. ;) But(t) she skated well and with passion which makes her special as a skater. It did in Sochi. No skater showed the emotion, guts and passion Adelina did. And passion and desire can make her successful again and again.

Scott512

Record Breaker
These crazies as you call them are also consumers of the products Yuna advertizes. Contract obligations can be quite costy. She might see some financial troubles or even lawsuits if her whatever speech will reduce sales. I understand her concern of income. Still. Death threats and cyber-bullying are felonies. As far as I know Yuna was never asked directly what she thinks of those her fans. I wonder what she would answer. If some journalist is reading this, feel free to borrow my idea. :)
Gppd points. But Yuna tried to distance herself right after the medal ceremony by saying Adelina skated well and that she got the decision and that she was happy with her silver and was relieved it was over and wasn't going to worry about it too much. I am not sure how much Yuna knew or knows about the crazed hate Sotnikova faced and still faces over all of this from Yuna's fans. But Yuna will never rip her fans because they buy her products. I want to see Adelina have a very good season. I hope she still has her fire and desire. And great jumps too!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Comments are just embarrassing.
It's like they live their lives to haunt Ade online. Even on Youtube and even on Adelina's own Instagram page. It is crazy. I hope it doesn't get to Ade though and that she can just laugh it off. It's like these fans are haunting Adelina in unison like a marching army. ***! :mad: At this point I am not sure Ade would even want to be on the 2018 Olympic team skating in South Korea. I hope she can just brush all the BS aside and make it there. But part of me wonders if all the hate has hurt her desire for the sport.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Finally had a chance to watch this. I really like it. In fact, I kinda like Adelina's approach to exhibitions, even if the results are kinda strange (the Swan Lake one, the green butterfly one). At least she's doing something different, and tries to show she can express pain, instead of just skating to Pretty Song #116. Really like how she began and ended the program on the ice. Spiral sequence was kinda strange, but the Charlotte looks amazing.

I don't mind the dress. Though it's see-through, it does seem intricately designed. And Je Suis Malade is a song about passion, loss, and the inability to move on, so weirdly enough, black lingerie kinda fits. Much better than the Swan Lake nightdress scenario.

What's with Russian skaters and Je Suis Malade though? Plushy, Irina, now Adelina. :popcorn: Not that I mind, since they were all wonderful.

starlight97

Final Flight
Just read that someone hacked and deleted her Instgram and writes to the people she knows in her name...
Like seriously? Think what you want of her skating and Sochi, but this is just childish and disgusting. :bang:
Poor girl. I hope she'll be able to stand the, dare I say harassment and hatred of some people once the seasons starts, because as soon as she's back on the ice, I fear this is gonna get even worse. :no:

Alain

Match Penalty
Just read that someone hacked and deleted her Instgram and writes to the people she knows in her name...
Like seriously? Think what you want of her skating and Sochi, but this is just childish and disgusting. :bang:
Poor girl. I hope she'll be able to stand the, dare I say harassment and hatred of some people once the seasons starts, because as soon as she's back on the ice, I fear this is gonna get even worse. :no:
Right after Sochi when she was getting death threats, there were people in the Net, on GS as well, who told she must quit all social media. When she didn't, they had no choice but hack her account. Well, one more prove of what kind of people Adelina haters are. She is a very brave girl. I am sure she will open a new account if it's not possible to de-hack and resume the old one.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Right after Sochi when she was getting death threats, there were people in the Net, on GS as well, who told she must quit all social media. When she didn't, they had no choice but hack her account. Well, one more prove of what kind of people Adelina haters are. She is a very brave girl. I am sure she will open a new account if it's not possible to de-hack and resume the old one.
The judges didn't give a gold medal to the idol they are obsessively fixated on.
Onoes, sky is falling, world is ending.
(I think they must be new to both figure skating, and the Olympics :p).

But do they attack the judges?
The ones responsible for the result?
No, they are too stupid for that.

Instead they blame a teenage girl...
who didn't do anything but skate...
and try to bully her...

Cowards, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, hoping for an easy target...

It will backfire on them: their disgraceful behaviour will only make rational people (ie. the vast majority) more sympathetic to Adelina, and she will gain more and more support.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It will backfire on them: their disgraceful behaviour will only make rational people (ie. the vast majority) more sympathetic to Adelina, and she will gain more and more support.
I think it's already starting to backfire. The moment after the results... well, I didn't think I'd end up posting on an Adelina Fan Fest! But am I, and though it sounds unfair, her haters are partially responsible. :p

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think it's already starting to backfire. The moment after the results... well, I didn't think I'd end up posting on an Adelina Fan Fest! But am I, and though it sounds unfair, her haters are partially responsible. :p
Me too. I've always tried to avoid her thread even though I enjoyed her performance at Sochi better than Yuna. Personally I prefer Caro to be the OGM but it doesn't matter now. What matters is I hope Adelina and get over her mentality and deliver clean performances again. I hope to see that fire and energy in her programs next season.