Adelina Sotnikova | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, please follow plagiarism standards. Always provide a link to the original source, so people can read the whole article. Always mention the name of the original authors and translators. And never copy more than a paragraph or two into another website or article.

Mony

On the Ice
Guys, please follow plagiarism standards. Always provide a link to the original source, so people can read the whole article. Always mention the name of the original authors and translators. And never copy more than a paragraph or two into another website or article.

I had posted the original link. It was a youtube video from when she was at Sochi recently, I said I don't know what she said, and I think they are telling me what it was. It is on the previous page, right before you posted the interview.

Lipea

Final Flight
That's what she said? Ok thanks a lot.
OK, I tried to translate it as literally close as I could. I assume this TV program was taken right after Ladies Short program.

A woman-TVspeaker said [starting from 0.51; before she just said that Adelina's fans have to stand in line for autographs]:

"Adelina in the interview for our channel made it clear, that there is nothing even to say about her preparation for Euro championship, because there was not enough time after her injury. She also commented ladies performance in Short program where Elena Radionova is currently leading and Olympic champion Yulia Lipnitskaia takes 6th place.
Adelina: -Yulya is, of course, tired. It is obvious. The Olympic season shows, and certainly it is very hard; kudos to her for fighting through it and continuning fighting.
Question: -How is your recovery going, and how well are you on the level to...
Adelina interrupts her: - In no way. I am only skating for 20 minutes. " [! - that's what she literally said].

Lipea

Final Flight
No, Adelina will prepare for the Worlds. I think she can replace Pogorilaya.

Well, as far as I know they actually confirmed her as an alternative for Euros, along with Leonova and Artemieva. Although I think they should put Lipnitskaia as an alternative instead, because she at least can skate now most of her program content. So depending how Adelina's preparation will go, she could make it to Worlds. Here is a link: http://lenta.ru/news/2014/12/28/sotnikova/

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
According to lenta.ru, Adelina could make it into the Russian Euro team, but was included among the alternatives. President of Federation of Figure Skating of Russia, Alexander Gorshkov said:
"The competition, at Russian Nationals, in all of the categories was enormous. The team was determined by athletic principles. Adelina Sotnikova is included in the group of alternatives. All the members of executive committee voted solid." He indeed specified that a final decision about Sotnikova's partcipation will be taken after her test skate, which will take place at Jan.15.
The complete Russian Euro team list looks like that:
Men: Kovtun, Voronov, Pitkeev. Alternatives: Menshov, Gorshkov, Gachinski.
Ice dance: Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin. Alt.: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Bobrova/Solovyov.
Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov, Kavaguti/Smirnov. Alt: Astakhova/Rogonov, Bazarova/Deputat, Volosozhar/Trankov.
Ladies: Radionova, Tuktamysheva, Pogorilaya. Alt.: Sotnokova, Leonova, Artemieva.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
According to lenta.ru, Adelina could make it into the Russian Euro team, but was included among the alternatives. President of Federation of Figure Skating of Russia, Alexander Gorshkov said:
"The competition, at Russian Nationals, in all of the categories was enormous. The team was determined by athletic principles. Adelina Sotnikova is included in the group of alternatives. All the members of executive committee voted solid." He indeed specified that a final decision about Sotnikova's partcipation will be taken after her test skate, which will take place at Jan.15.
Ice dance: Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin. Alt.: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Bobrova/Solovyov.
Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov, Kavaguti/Smirnov. Alt: Astakhova/Rogonov, Bazarova/Deputat, Volosozhar/Trankov.
Ladies: Radionova, Tuktamysheva, Pogorilaya. Alt.: Sotnokova, Leonova, Artemieva.

I'm curious.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist

I'm curious why they did not put Yulia as an alternative... But anyway, the girl needs some rest. I'm sure she's drained out after Olympics.

Mony

On the Ice
OK, I tried to translate it as literally close as I could. I assume this TV program was taken right after Ladies Short program.

A woman-TVspeaker said [starting from 0.51; before she just said that Adelina's fans have to stand in line for autographs]:

"Adelina in the interview for our channel made it clear, that there is nothing even to say about her preparation for Euro championship, because there was not enough time after her injury. She also commented ladies performance in Short program where Elena Radionova is currently leading and Olympic champion Yulia Lipnitskaia takes 6th place.
Adelina: -Yulya is, of course, tired. It is obvious. The Olympic season shows, and certainly it is very hard; kudos to her for fighting through it and continuning fighting.
Question: -How is your recovery going, and how well are you on the level to...
Adelina interrupts her: - In no way. I am only skating for 20 minutes. " [! - that's what she literally said].

Thanks a lot for the translation, I don't want her to rush herself back either.

janav

On the Ice
Adelina is so beautiful!! What is the song saying?

It's about the Olympics. ,,In Sochi there are palms and dolphins....33 medals, 11 from them are gold..." Not really a gem in textual sense, but Adelina is cute nevertheless :)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
It's about the Olympics. ,,In Sochi there are palms and dolphins....33 medals, 11 from them are gold..." Not really a gem in textual sense, but Adelina is cute nevertheless :)

Indeed she is! :love: Thank you for helping :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I had posted the original link. It was a youtube video from when she was at Sochi recently, I said I don't know what she said, and I think they are telling me what it was. It is on the previous page, right before you posted the interview.

That's fine. Another poster posted the whole of someone else's translation from FSU, which is entitled to ownership of its original content, including translations.

Last edited: