Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 331

Thread: Adelina Sotnikova

  1. #61
    Tripping on the Podium jcsamex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    67
    I for one think that she skiping worlds is the best for her as she won't be unnecessarily feeding all those insane raging dogs who whould've been praying for her to fall on every single element of her programs. She's got nothing to prove as she was clearly the best at the Olympics (our love for other female skaters aside).

    I really hope she finds the fire and hunger within herself to come back stronger than ever next season and hopefully all the way through the next Olympics. I think she's got the qualities to develop into a both beautiful and powerful skater, something rarely seen under the current IJS.

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsamex View Post
    I for one think that she skiping worlds is the best for her as she won't be unnecessarily feeding all those insane raging dogs who whould've been praying for her to fall on every single element of her programs. She's got nothing to prove as she was clearly the best at the Olympics (our love for other female skaters aside).

    I really hope she finds the fire and hunger within herself to come back stronger than ever next season and hopefully all the way through the next Olympics. I think she's got the qualities to develop into a both beautiful and powerful skater, something rarely seen under the current IJS.
    I agree with every word you wrote. Especially the last sentence. I wish she was at worlds. Adelina is a gutsy girls and she will go on with her career no matter how many people are angry and bitter she is the olympic gold medalist. Yulia actually needs rest even more than Sotnikova does. Lipnitskaia is tired and it showed in the Sochi women's event. Yulia because she's so young and fragile should be resting. What Yulia does at age 18 and 19 matters a lot more than what she does at 15 and 16.

  3. #63

  4. #64

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    480
    To be honest, I don't think much of Bermeniev's portraits, I don't think they are particularly flattering to Adelina. I don't think any of them capture how charming and pretty she really is.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    121
    Interesting looks from Adelina with those portraits. I wonder if she is in the media mode to make the most out of her Sochi gold and fame and this may be the time for her to make her money and I hope it sets her and her family up for life.

    It is now official Ade won't be going to worlds. She said she wants to win all the gold but I suppose her federation said otherwise. The truth is Yulia needs the time off more than Adelina does. But it is what it is. I hope Ade comes back in the fall stronger and still hungry with an even better program that is technically superior and higher scoring than her competitors. But I do wonder if all the furor over her win and her skipping worlds has damaged her at all in any way. She is only human afterall and how can the vile commnets on her own instgram page frim Yunabots and all the hate they have sent her not harmed her? It has to have. The one thing for sure is Adelina does not doubt her olympic gold medal. She believes she won it and so do I even though it was a close competition.

  7. #67
    Tripping on the Podium jcsamex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    To be honest, I don't think much of Bermeniev's portraits, I don't think they are particularly flattering to Adelina. I don't think any of them capture how charming and pretty she really is.
    I agree. I wonder if Bermeniev is also a Yunabot, rofl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    Interesting looks from Adelina with those portraits. I wonder if she is in the media mode to make the most out of her Sochi gold and fame and this may be the time for her to make her money and I hope it sets her and her family up for life.

    It is now official Ade won't be going to worlds. She said she wants to win all the gold but I suppose her federation said otherwise. The truth is Yulia needs the time off more than Adelina does. But it is what it is. I hope Ade comes back in the fall stronger and still hungry with an even better program that is technically superior and higher scoring than her competitors. But I do wonder if all the furor over her win and her skipping worlds has damaged her at all in any way. She is only human afterall and how can the vile commnets on her own instgram page frim Yunabots and all the hate they have sent her not harmed her? It has to have. The one thing for sure is Adelina does not doubt her olympic gold medal. She believes she won it and so do I even though it was a close competition.
    Scoring controversy aside, I have no doubts Adelina won fair and square, and I wouldn't doubt it even if the margin of her victory was 0.01.

    Yuna was immensely overscored at Vancouver when she should've been way closer to Mao and no Yunabot said a thing about it. Now deal with it.

  8. #68
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsamex View Post
    I agree. I wonder if Bermeniev is also a Yunabot, rofl.



    Scoring controversy aside, I have no doubts Adelina won fair and square, and I wouldn't doubt it even if the margin of her victory was 0.01.

    Yuna was immensely overscored at Vancouver when she should've been way closer to Mao and no Yunabot said a thing about it. Now deal with it.
    I too think Adelina won. The furor over the judges caused worldwide headlines as did the Yunabot's crazed vile and hate aimed at Adelina which has not stopped yet. The media and most experts had Kim as a 2 time olympic gold medalist and when she was beaten by Sotnikova most were like did this really happen? Um yes it did. Everyone knew Ade's free skate was set up to score more points than Kim and Costner's were and it worked out that way. Some people just don't agree that Adelina deserved gold because her skating in their opinion was overscored and not as artistic and fluid as Yuna's and Carolina's. They may have skated for beautifully and fluidly that Adelina but their free skates weren't as difficult or as high scoring as Adelina's were. That's a fact.

    This new scoring system which so many people are unhappy with is actually 12 years old so it's not so new. It was put in place to score the most points. It really paid off for Adelina to do the most difficult free skate with the highest point total of the Sochi medal contenders. Most also fail to mention that the 2 highest scores and the 2 lowest scores are deleted making it hard to low ball a skater. For all we know the Russian judge's score did not even count for Ade. I do wish the judges were not anonomous because the anonimity leads to speculation about unfair scores. Adelina won fair and square in my mind and she needs time off to prepare for next season where she hopefully stays hungry, keeps improving and adding to her programs.

  9. #69
    Custom Title DobrinFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    686
    Adelina on ENERGY (interview vid) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ37lizwL_0#t=36

    Interview "Be sure to thank the parents" http://newsvostok.ru/?c=news&id=44416 .........apparently she didn't know she wasn't being sent to
    Worlds when she was interviewed


    "Ready to many, I could" (long interview) http://www.mk.ru/sport/interview/201...ya-smogla.html

    "Do not envy those who go to Japan" http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...edet-v-YAponiy

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    521
    Adelina dancing with friends

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWLll99cW0Q

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Adelina dancing with friends

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWLll99cW0Q
    What would Putin say if he saw that video and heard those lyrics? Would the golden AdeQueena be sent to Siberia? No this is the new Russia.

    What do I think of the video? Well, I think Adelina likes to show off her legs. It surprises me to see those Russian kids dancing to and showing off to an American dance song about junk in the trunk.

  12. #72
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Adelina dancing with friends

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWLll99cW0Q
    The song LOL

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    121
    Well South Korea has officially filed a complaint into the judging from Sochi. But why wait almost 5 weeks to do so? Maybe it's best Adelina is not at worlds where she would get distracted by all the questions of the complaint from South Korea. They will lose this complaint or appeal. You can make the case Adelina should have won. I believe she deserved gold because she did a clearly higher scoring more difficult free skate than Kim did. You can also make the case that Kim won gold. Or Costner for that matter. She was great too. Why no appeal from Italy? Just like you can make the case that Plushenko should have won gold in Vancouver or Kerrigan in Lillihammer or Slutskaya in Salt Lake City. But the top 2 and bottom 2 scores are alwys deleted so they don't count so the judges can't gang up on a skater to hurt them or help them for that matter. But no one ever talks about that. If the Russian and Ukranian judges scored Sotnikova highest and Kim lowest as many people believe then such scores would not have coungted in the final score. That's the way it is but this vital information has gotten lost in the furor from the media.

    Adelina willl have to get used to the hate from Yunabots because they are diligent and they aren't going anywhere. They will haunt Adelina into 2018. The Kim fans who are vile and vulgar towards Sotnikova are the worst bunch of sports fans I have ever seen. No doubt about it.

  14. #74

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    480
    She's scheduled for one or more ice shows in Japan soon - hopefully televised, and then maybe some kind soul in Japan can record and upload...? onegai shimasu? *_*

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •