Adelina Sotnikova | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I really liked Adelina's skate at JO. She has got rid of the ending pose, thank goodness, because that was a bit cringe-worthy to me. Very dramatic and sweeping. Lots of scope for even more improvement.

And she was lovely with the hug for Mao. :love:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
OMG some of them :hopelessness: One person even said they HATE her. Stay salty haters and may my ignore list grow bigger :p
well at least they dont mask it with 'Oh Im so unbiased' sentiments:laugh:

she's ready to kick ***!!! & I hope she does it!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I see she is no longer running into the boards at the end... not even kidding, I am kind of bummed.

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Adelina is getting better and better with each outing. Great to see all of the spin positions are back; the speed from Sochi isn't back yet, but it's one great leap forward from the Test Skate four weeks ago.

Curious what she's planning in terms of a triple-triple; with her PCS being what it is, she may be fine just opening with a 3T-3T and putting a cascade in the second half (a flip-toe-loop, perhaps?).

Overall, I like the way Adelina's handling this comeback; it's a steady build, but the improvements are there to see each time she steps out onto the ice.

Meoima

Match Penalty
:biggrin: you know usually when you do so so at JO, by the end of the season you will do much better...;) Good luck! Adelina! May my intuition work!

dna5019

Final Flight
I thought she did very well considering the injury. I can't say enough how much I love this program; it really is perfect for her. And she was so cute in the kiss and cry. :biggrin:

It was really good and more considering she is injured. But I prefer her previous red dress.
Agreed. I don't dislike the black dress, but I'm really not a fan of the heart... :slink: The shade of red from her previous dress was so pretty on her.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It was really good and more considering she is injured. But I prefer her previous red dress.
Agree!
I do like the silhouette and the design of the black dress though! its really the embellished heart that irks me.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am the first to admit I was never a fan of Adelina's skating (that is not to say I didn't find her to be a technically very good skater) but I have to say her improvement in performance and interpretation here really impressed me. I think her dancing really helped her. I hope she can get healthy as I am intrigued by her potential.

Khoai

Match Penalty
I think Miss Sotnikova is the best at skating skill among Russian ladies right now. I have seen her live and she was so fast. Maybe currently she is the fastest. I hope she will get back her jumps soon.

But she needs to rotates faster. Her jumps have the height but not very good rotation speed.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I feel guilty because I loooove her program and many people don't. So intense, dramatic and beautiful. Is it just me or her jumps are looking really really big?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel guilty because I loooove her program and many people don't. So intense, dramatic and beautiful. Is it just me or her jumps are looking really really big?

There's actually a lot of people who like her program. They're just not on this board :laugh: Most on FSU seem to like it esp compared to the other Russian girls! Most didn't like her dramatic test skates ending ;)

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker

Why feel guilty because you like something? I certainly like it and don't feel guilty! :biggrin:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I can't wrap my head around is why certain posters think she should have had the lowest PCS scores? Like for real? :unsure:

gibbynka

On the Ice
I actually like her current SP and LP much more than her programs during the Olympic season. Can't wait to see them in competition!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
What I can't wrap my head around is why certain posters think she should have had the lowest PCS scores? Like for real? :unsure:

that's pretty harsh
I will admit that I thought she should've gotten a lower mark (maybe a couple points lower for PCS too) but the lowest PCS out of everyone? really? :unsure: even with the mistakes, she skated great and was engaging to watch