Adelina Sotnikova | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

Alba

Record Breaker
Learning that Ade thought of quitting figure skating more than once surprised me. If that's true them maybe she won't want to continue into her 20's and going for the 2018 Winter Olympics.

I don't know about 2018, it will be difficult but you never know. Thinking to quit though I think it's normal, for many skaters.
I mean there is so much sacrifices they make since when they are so young that is difficult to cope with. She was also going through puberty as well, so no suprise that in a difficult moment a skater it's tired and thinks maybe I should quit.
Yulia as well thought of quitting when she had the injuries last season.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't know about 2018, it will be difficult but you never know. Thinking to quit though I think it's normal, for many skaters.
I mean there is so much sacrifices they make since when they are so young that is difficult to cope with. She was also going through puberty as well, so no suprise that in a difficult moment a skater it's tired and thinks maybe I should quit.
Yulia as well thought of quitting when she had the injuries last season.
I'm so glad they didn't quit. They are awesome. Yes puberty and figure skating is so hard on girls.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the article, Alba. Adelina seems like a very sensible, open and down-to-earth person. I can't say I'm a fan as of yet because I've really noticed her in this last season only, but I definitely liked what I saw. :thumbsup:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thanks for the article, Alba. Adelina seems like a very sensible, open and down-to-earth person. I can't say I'm a fan as of yet because I've really noticed her in this last season only, but I definitely liked what I saw. :thumbsup:
I like what I saw too from Adelina and it will be interesting to see what she does next season as Sochi Olympic champion. The pressure will be on her to do well. Especially from the 3 younger Russian girls.

On a side note the ISU has officially rejected South Korea's protest of the Sochi olympic gold medal that Adelina won over Yuna. I knew that would happen. Now I also would like to know who the judges are and where there are from. The anonymity needs to go. But I do like that the 2 highest and the 2 lowest scores are deleted and don't count. They need to keep that.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think going forward Adelina likely has the best jumps and skating skills of the ladies. If any girl gets a 3a my money is on her. She is still floating about a foot off of the ground when she completes her rotation it seems. The program I saw her skate in the shows recently with the fedora has amazing skating and very strong use of her edges. I hope she can incorporate it into her program and nail her footwork similar to how Mao utilized it. I think she is more of a powerhouse skater than anything else and will be impressive for years to come:yes:

Any word on her programs and who is doing her choreo?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm kind of on the fence on her outfit. On the plus side, it made her look mature and chic. On the other hand and I do agree with you, it looks quite big. I actually thought that she was wearing a coat!

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm kind of on the fence on her outfit. On the plus side, it made her look mature and chic. On the other hand and I do agree with you, it looks quite big. I actually thought that she was wearing a coat!

Me too. :biggrin:
I think it's a great colour for her just the styling isn't right. Something simple and elegant (opened in front or in the back, and without sleeves) would've been great.

Macassar88

Medalist

Barb

Record Breaker
I love her red dress, but basically I think she is so beautiful and all her outfits look great on her.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Piancavallo "Palapredieri" ice-skating rink

June 15th - July 6th 2014

Open (for public) training of team Russia:

is 1 (= Monday) ,2 .4, 5 from 10.00 a.m to 14.00 a.m. and 15.00 - 19.00p.m.
and 3,6 from 10.00 am- 14-00 pm
For more info (and confirmation) call 0434-655579: 0039 434-655579 (if you are abroad).
July 4th they will perform an exhibition.

Use google translate (from Italian)
http://www.ilfriuli.it/articolo/Sport_news/Russia_a_Piancavallo/22/133326

How to reach Piancavallo (again in Italian use google translate):

http://www.promotur.org/code/16325/Come-arrivare