Adelina Sotnikova | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since this is Adelina's fan page we should focus on her and leave others out of the discussion and especially her crazed fans. This board is designed to share in everything positive about this girl. Here she shows how to share a board covered with a clear difference of opinion. I think she handles it well :).

http://cs606020.vk.me/v606020067/64f8/kvi_5ebmu9o.jpg

Never forget that she can read and write in English too. :clap:

breynows

On the Ice
Hey i liked this program o.o and i don't understand why these figure skating "fans" (that are actually Yuna's) always dislike her videos, come on, is not like she's going to die because of that, and i have to say that this is a really immature act (are these people 5 year olds boys?). I really hope she continues until 2018 and win a second olympic medal just to shut these people out.

PS.:i was a fan of yuna but i am i bigger fan of figure skating, and Adelina is a true talent.

gotoschool

Medalist
https://twitter.com/asadamai717/status/492289631598043138/photo/1

Love this photo, Mao and Adelina look like very good friends :love:. I am sure Mao knows all the hate that Adelina is getting and she understand how Adelina would be feeling.

It's wonderful to see how close Mao and Adelina are to each other in this picture. They look like soul mates. Seeing them have such a warm relationship after such fierce competition and controversy really makes me realize how important it is to just appreciate the beauty in life and skating without making any judgments, which I so often fall victim to. I hope Adelina is able to get her consistency back in her jumps and that she can develop some immunity to all the hostile comments made against her. Mao has had to endure a lot of the same kinds of insults from the same type of fans. Maybe that's one way in which they identify with each other, but I think it's really because they have some kind of deep human connection.

starlight97

Final Flight
I'm glad that others also notice this about Adelina's jumps!
First of all I neither like nor dislike her skating, but I think it's really interesting.
She has a lot of energy when she skates with which (to me!) Other great skaters that I normally prefer like Lipnitskaya or Yuna can't hold up with. . It's like she's on fire sometimes (watch her short programm from Sochi, to me her best skate ever !)
Also her jumps, if she lands them, have amazing height and it sometimes looks like she finishes the rotation way aboth the ice!
I think she could definitely be the best out there if she corrected some small things like her edge going in some jumps. ..

BUT her inconsistency almost always prevents her from doing so!!
She is the only skater I've ever seen skate (well maybe except for Mao) with whom it's always a gamble!
It's like 'What version of Adelina is going to skate here today, the Sochi Adelina or the Grand Prix Final Adelina?'
Does anybody know if she's always been like that? Or did it start at one specific point?

I'm just curious and neither a Fan nor a Hater:)

Alba

Record Breaker
BUT her inconsistency almost always prevents her from doing so!!
She is the only skater I've ever seen skate (well maybe except for Mao) with whom it's always a gamble!
It's like 'What version of Adelina is going to skate here today, the Sochi Adelina or the Grand Prix Final Adelina?'
Does anybody know if she's always been like that? Or did it start at one specific point?

I'm just curious and neither a Fan nor a Hater:)

I think that for both, Mao and Adelina, is psychological thing. It's all about how to handle the nerves in a particular moment.

thoakun

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/asadamai717/status/492289631598043138/photo/1

Love this photo, Mao and Adelina look like very good friends :love:. I am sure Mao knows all the hate that Adelina is getting and she understand how Adelina would be feeling.

Adelina and Mao were on good terms way before Sochi. I remember that in Japan Open last year, Adelina was supposed to skate right after Mao but she even rushed to the board to watch Mao skating to Rach 2 :love:. What I find interesting is that Adelina said that she looked up to Mao a long time ago, while most Russian girls admire Carol. I think that the fact that both Adelina and Mao struggled with inconsistency and being questioned about their ability help them bon together.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Adelina has been on tour with Mao's TheICE for a few seasons now. I speculate that it might have been the Tarasova connection that initially helped prompt this opportunity. Since then, it is lovely to see these two charming young women continue to be such good sportsmen and show friendship and good character.

thoakun

Final Flight
Adelina has been on tour with Mao's TheICE for a few seasons now. I speculate that it might have been the Tarasova connection that initially helped prompt this opportunity. Since then, it is lovely to see these two charming young women continue to be such good sportsmen and show friendship and good character.
I just remembered that Adelina got to know Mao when Mao was working with Tat and Adelina was a little girl under Tat's wings. I think they share another similarity: both don't seem to care a lot about their packaging on the ice.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I just remembered that Adelina got to know Mao when Mao was working with Tat and Adelina was a little girl under Tat's wings. I think they share another similarity: both don't seem to care a lot about their packaging on the ice.

You don't think Mao cares about packaging?

Alba

Record Breaker
I think they share another similarity: both don't seem to care a lot about their packaging on the ice.

You couldn't be more wrong. Mao is one of the best dressed, and well packaging, skaters that I've seen.
Her costumes are gorgeous. :love:

thoakun

Final Flight
You couldn't be more wrong. Mao is one of the best dressed, and well packaging, skaters that I've seen.
Her costumes are gorgeous. :love:

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of her dress but I think she got it wrong a few times. Her style choices on the ice have taken some highs and lows. The dresses which I don't like happen to be the ones made by Tat with too many unnecessary embellishments: rose bra for Tango, black and blue ruffled dress for Bells of Moscow, the Paganini dress with too much fuchsia. There are other dresses which were fine but looked out of sync with the music she was skating to: the dress for Agony Tango which doesn't scream tango or the Masquerade SP dress (not the one she wore at Vancouver) which looked too princess-y for a grandiose piece. I heard that she's very close with Tat and often happy to wear whatever Tat designs for her. I keep up to date with her activities and as far as I know, Mao is quite a tomboy in real life. She doesn't strike me as someone as has a strong opinion of her packaging the way Michelle, Sasha and Carol do. But again, it's just my opinion :)

starlight97

Final Flight
Wow so that spiral position move thing she does at 2:30 indeed wasn't a mistake the last time but on purpose!
About this whole dress problem- I don't mind adelina's actually. .. yes a bit less see-through would be ok but I think the dresses that are really ugly are thw ones that look like they just came out of a circus like Pogorilaya's and Radionova's LP costumes last season or this one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=803wKaWiUV4 from Adelina. I think her outfits last season were fine.
But I agree that some russian coaches and skaters have a pretty. .special taste when it comes to costumes :D

ordinary person

On the Ice
Wow so that spiral position move thing she does at 2:30 indeed wasn't a mistake the last time but on purpose!
About this whole dress problem- I don't mind adelina's actually. .. yes a bit less see-through would be ok but I think the dresses that are really ugly are thw ones that look like they just came out of a circus like Pogorilaya's and Radionova's LP costumes last season or this one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=803wKaWiUV4 from Adelina. I think her outfits last season were fine.
But I agree that some russian coaches and skaters have a pretty. .special taste when it comes to costumes :D

Other than all one color the red dress and tights were not ugly compared to the sleazy lingerie costume she's wearing now.

starlight97

Final Flight
Other than all one color the red dress and tights were not ugly compared to the sleazy lingerie costume she's wearing now.

These are different personal opinions :)
But if the problem about her dress is it's openness for you-
Watch what Sasha wore back then : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUIDWF1zRw she has a cleavage that goes down to her navel there. ..
Or Anna Pogorilaya : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sex212pYGPQ
basically making it look like she's naked with some blue stripes across her upper body.. and she is way younger than Adelina.

Is Adelina planning on wearing the "lingerie outfit":D in her FS during the competitive season as well?