Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na to skate at NRW Trophy, Dortmund

lowtherlore

News Yu-Na to skate at NRW Trophy, Dortmund

News article (in Korean): Yu-Na Kim to stage a comeback at NRW Trophy

It'll be her first competitive skate in 20 months. NRW dates (5-9 Dec) overlap with GPF's. Who else are skating at NRW this year? Lysacek?

Custom Title
    Thanks for the news, lowtherlore. It will be interesting to see Yuna skate again.

can someonen translate this into english please perhaps th OP - r u korean? thanks

lowtherlore
    Nothing much in the article other than what the title says. Some excerpts: She will premier her two new programs to the themes of the film Kiss of the Vampire and the musical Les Miserables; She is filing an entry to Golden Spin of Zagreb too, as an alternate schedule.

Banned
    can't wait to see Yuna !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    News article (in Korean): Yu-Na Kim to stage a comeback at NRW Trophy

It'll be her first competitive skate in 20 months. NRW dates (5-9 Dec) overlap with GPF's. Who else are skating at NRW this year? Lysacek?
    http://www.lev-nrw.org/lev2008/veran...?params01=1189

But... is Misha Ge a senior lady?

lowtherlore
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    The name Misha might sound ambisextrous, reads same as with Mischa Barton, my guess.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 10-26-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Custom Title
    How great to see YuNa in competition again!

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I was thinking of going to NRW Trophy depending on who is there, so now I'm definitely going. Yes!

Custom Title
    I wonder what is really going on with Yuna? If she was really serious about skating and being in Sochi she would do more then one event a year. I don't care how good she is she needs to compete or she will be like Worlds 2011 where she was rusty. I just get the feeling that she's doing this to make sure South Korea as two spots for Sochi and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I wonder what is really going on with Yuna? If she was really serious about skating and being in Sochi she would do more then one event a year. I don't care how good she is she needs to compete or she will be like Worlds 2011 where she was rusty. I just get the feeling that she's doing this to make sure South Korea as two spots for Sochi and that's it.
    I think so, too. But who knows, if Yuna starts winning again, maybe the competitive fire she(and we all) thought has all gone might come alive. For now earning Korea's two spots in Olympics seems about it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    No female skater perform like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7rccqcSzg&feature=plcp
    Her technic is the best...all she needs is the stamina to perform rigorously 4 minutes.

Yuna was unlucky 2011 Worlds...injured during SP...ice is slippery...
    Yuna was also was robbed by judges who were angry with her for not partipating Grand Prix competitions.
    Judges gave her unacceptable PCS scores.

Medalist
    I don't like her choice of programs. Les Miserables won't do her any favor. It needs to be skated with warmth and inspiration, but cold skaters like her won't be able to pull it off. On the other hand, Vampire sounds like something well suited to her.

Quote Originally Posted by SkatingAnalyst View Post
    No female skater perform like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7rccqcSzg&feature=plcp
    Her technic is the best...all she needs is the stamina to perform rigorously 4 minutes.

Yuna was unlucky 2011 Worlds...injured during SP...ice is slippery...
    Yuna was also was robbed by judges who were angry with her for not partipating Grand Prix competitions.
    Judges gave her unacceptable PCS scores.
    OOOOOOOOOkay, "SkatingAnalyst."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast