Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Osmond a threat to LaCoste at Canadians this year?

Banned

Is Osmond a threat to LaCoste at Canadians this year?

Before this season it looked like Amelie LaCoste was a lock to defend her Canadian title due to Myriam Samson's injury. Now with Katyln Osmond on the rise it looks like LaCoste might not be a lock to retain her Canadian title, although still the clear favorite. Is Osmond an outside threat to LaCoste's Canadian title reign or is LaCoste still a lock.

I think that's a safe bet at this point.

Custom Title
    I never believed Lacoste could defend her title against Osmond, even before Osmond won Nebelhorn. Lacoste is a nervous mess to begin with, and the pressure of being at or near the top is just too much for her.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I never believed Lacoste could defend her title against Osmond, even before Osmond won Nebelhorn. Lacoste is a nervous mess to begin with, and the pressure of being at or near the top is just too much for her.
    LaCoste's mental toughness is her greatest strength.

Custom Title
    The title should be the other way around. Lacoste's absolute best is well below Kaetlyn's decent at this point and the latter is a rapidly improving 16 year old.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Yes, in fact, Osmond *is* the favorite to take the National title.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Well that's kinda sad then.....

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    You're kidding, right? She always looks petrified when she takes the ice. Someone who is mentally tough does not pop as many jumps as she does either.

Custom Title
    Question should be is Lacoste a threat to Osmond!

Banned
    I think it would be better if LaCoste goes to Worlds for Canada again. She has the experience, talent, and the artistic edge over Osmond from years of skating at the Senior level which Osmond as promising as she is lacks. Osmond will have her turn after Sochi if LaCoste retires.

Custom Title
    Joannie would be a threat to them both... has it been confirmed she is not returning? Miss her.

I think it would be better if LaCoste goes to Worlds for Canada again. She has the experience, talent, and the artistic edge over Osmond from years of skating at the Senior level which Osmond as promising as she is lacks. Osmond will have her turn after Sochi if LaCoste retires.
    Does Lacoste even have the TES necessary to qualify for Worlds? Either way, given what we know now, Canada would have to be delusional to send her. If they want two spots for Sochi, Osmond at this time seems to be their only chance. Lacoste failed to get two spots last year. Unfortunately for her the spot she failed to get was her own.

Custom Title
    I agree Osmond is the favourite; in fact, had Phaneuf been healthy and still skating one would probably argue Amelie would be lucky to beat her. And if Lacoste's mental toughness is strength MON DIEU! She doesn't have much to rely on then does she????? LOL Nothing against Lacoste but we all can't be special and she is ather perfunctory. I wish her the best but if Canada wants two women they need Osmond and even Joannie missing some jumps she still has the power, speed and inbetweens I notices at the 2012 medal winners championship. IN fact, if you look at Osmond jumps you do not see the pop, the power and speed and coverage of Rochette. Sadly for Canada I don't think Rochette will return as she only wanted to skate on the team for the olympics but I believe the rules say she has to skate singles. Osmond still skates rather juniorish. And another teenage Carmen Ugh -remember Mirai and that Miss America smile - yikes. You have careful or you might appearke a little girl dresing up in her mother's clothing. Cute as a kid not so much for competitive skating.

Custom Title
    At this point, LaCoste isn't eligible for Worlds, Osmond is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    At this point, LaCoste isn't eligible for Worlds, Osmond is.
    I expect she will get a qualifying score for Worlds by then. She is too talented not to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast