Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Osmond a threat to LaCoste at Canadians this year?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Question should be is Lacoste a threat to Osmond!
    Oh so true!!!!

Custom Title
    Lacoste had a very good SP at Cup of China, then followed that up with a disastrous FS. Amelie just doesn't have the competitive nerves for elite skating.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    A sad thing, that. But yes, I think Kaetlyn has locked it up.

Banned
    Who has Osmond really beaten. At Nelberhorn she beat Sotnikova and Skate Canada Suzuki but nobody else that good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Who has Osmond really beaten.
    Everybody at Nelberhorn and Skate Canada Ladies events.

At Nelberhorn she beat Sotnikova and Skate Canada Suzuki but nobody else that good.
    So how many skaters have beaten Sotnikova and Suzuki this season or last? Osmond is in good company.

She will have time and opportunities to do more.

Custom Title
    Osmond definitely has Nationals on lockdown. SC won't consider giving the title to someone who can't even hit the minimum to qualify for Worlds.

Custom Title
    Who has Osmond really beaten. At Nelberhorn she beat Sotnikova and Skate Canada Suzuki but nobody else that good.
    LaCoste.

Custom Title
    There is no such thing as having it locked up. If Osmond does not skate well at Canadian Nationals she won't win. They are not just going to hand her the title.
    Last edited by Jammers; 11-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Custom Title
    Osmond skated well at Nationals last year, winning the SP and skating a clean FS with two 3fs. In the FS, Phaneuf landed one 3z, no flip, and fell on a 2a, and Lacoste popped both lutz and flip. Yet they finished 1-2 overall because they were given massive PCS scores in the FS. Osmond was third overall.

I think the reverse will happen come January. No matter how Lacoste skates, she will not be held up. Osmond could make a mistake in the FS and still come out the clear winner, just as she did at SC.

The reality is Worlds 2013 couldn't be more important, since it determines how many ladies Canada can send to Sochi. Skate Canada cannot send Lacoste unless she somehow manages to make the minimum FS score (and she hasn't so far in two tries). Even if she did make the minimum at 4CC, it is more than likely that she would wind up in the mid teens at Worlds as she has for the past two years, keeping Canada down to one lady at Sochi.

Amelie hasn't the guts or nerves for high-level competitive skating. Osmond obviously has, and she deserves the shot at Worlds.

Custom Title
    I think that Amelie's problem is more technical than lack of guts. She had never mastered any of the toe jumps that well and her only really strong triple is the loop. That puts a lot of pressure on her as it already puts her behind the eight ball right away. IOW , the technical problems add to the nerves.

Amelie has no chance of winning nationals and she will have to fight to keep off the likes of Daleman ( too young for Worlds and 4CC this season ) and Chartrand. She might hold them off this season but I don't see her doing it in 2014.

I do think Osmond will finish top 10 at Worlds. I see one of Daleman/Chartrand being no 2 by Sochi time.

Custom Title
    The lack of guts is due to the fact Amelie has never mastered the toe jumps. She has no confidence in her ability to perform her programs as choreographed, and that means she has no 'killer' competitive instinct. No wonder she goes out on the ice with that deer-in-the-headlights look on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    There is no such thing as having it locked up. If Osmond does not skate well at Canadian Nationals she won't win. They are not just going to hand her the title.
    She will if she's still the best skater of the night, which is quite likely even if she's not up to par.

I'd love to see someone challenge her, though. Not because I don't want her to win, but it would be nice to see several strong competitors here for a change.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Amélie Lacoste ‏@melipetit
    Almost in Mtl! No social network for a week!Ouf!! Happy to be back and ready to fight the conflict between Myself and Long program!
    4:54 PM - 5 Nov 12

Custom Title
    I expect she will get a qualifying score for Worlds by then. She is too talented not to.
    Huh - Lacoste is too talented not to score the minimum world qualifying - I wouldn't gaurantee that. While I agree shecoudl fluke out and scroe the minimum after last week's new low it shows me she has potential to crash and burn beyond recognition without a hope or a prayer or even a peep.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    The thread title is worded in a very amusing way, to say the least.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast