Is Osmond a threat to LaCoste at Canadians this year? | Golden Skate

Is Osmond a threat to LaCoste at Canadians this year?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Before this season it looked like Amelie LaCoste was a lock to defend her Canadian title due to Myriam Samson's injury. Now with Katyln Osmond on the rise it looks like LaCoste might not be a lock to retain her Canadian title, although still the clear favorite. Is Osmond an outside threat to LaCoste's Canadian title reign or is LaCoste still a lock.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I never believed Lacoste could defend her title against Osmond, even before Osmond won Nebelhorn. Lacoste is a nervous mess to begin with, and the pressure of being at or near the top is just too much for her.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I never believed Lacoste could defend her title against Osmond, even before Osmond won Nebelhorn. Lacoste is a nervous mess to begin with, and the pressure of being at or near the top is just too much for her.

LaCoste's mental toughness is her greatest strength.

Kissx3

Final Flight
The title should be the other way around. Lacoste's absolute best is well below Kaetlyn's decent at this point and the latter is a rapidly improving 16 year old.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I think it would be better if LaCoste goes to Worlds for Canada again. She has the experience, talent, and the artistic edge over Osmond from years of skating at the Senior level which Osmond as promising as she is lacks. Osmond will have her turn after Sochi if LaCoste retires.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Joannie would be a threat to them both... has it been confirmed she is not returning? Miss her.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think it would be better if LaCoste goes to Worlds for Canada again. She has the experience, talent, and the artistic edge over Osmond from years of skating at the Senior level which Osmond as promising as she is lacks. Osmond will have her turn after Sochi if LaCoste retires.

Does Lacoste even have the TES necessary to qualify for Worlds? Either way, given what we know now, Canada would have to be delusional to send her. If they want two spots for Sochi, Osmond at this time seems to be their only chance. Lacoste failed to get two spots last year. Unfortunately for her the spot she failed to get was her own.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I agree Osmond is the favourite; in fact, had Phaneuf been healthy and still skating one would probably argue Amelie would be lucky to beat her. And if Lacoste's mental toughness is strength MON DIEU! She doesn't have much to rely on then does she????? LOL Nothing against Lacoste but we all can't be special and she is ather perfunctory. I wish her the best but if Canada wants two women they need Osmond and even Joannie missing some jumps she still has the power, speed and inbetweens I notices at the 2012 medal winners championship. IN fact, if you look at Osmond jumps you do not see the pop, the power and speed and coverage of Rochette. Sadly for Canada I don't think Rochette will return as she only wanted to skate on the team for the olympics but I believe the rules say she has to skate singles. Osmond still skates rather juniorish. And another teenage Carmen Ugh -remember Mirai and that Miss America smile - yikes. You have careful or you might appearke a little girl dresing up in her mother's clothing. Cute as a kid not so much for competitive skating.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

At this point, LaCoste isn't eligible for Worlds, Osmond is.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lacoste had a very good SP at Cup of China, then followed that up with a disastrous FS. Amelie just doesn't have the competitive nerves for elite skating.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Who has Osmond really beaten. At Nelberhorn she beat Sotnikova and Skate Canada Suzuki but nobody else that good.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Who has Osmond really beaten.

Everybody at Nelberhorn and Skate Canada Ladies events.

At Nelberhorn she beat Sotnikova and Skate Canada Suzuki but nobody else that good.

So how many skaters have beaten Sotnikova and Suzuki this season or last? Osmond is in good company.

She will have time and opportunities to do more.