Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Osmond a threat to LaCoste at Canadians this year?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    LaCoste.
    so are you saying laCoste is good? Mind you I do like the LaCoste knit polo shirts - oops wrong Lacoste

Osmond is the future of Canadian figure skating!

Custom Title
    Since Rochette stopped to compete in ISU competitions I have not seen any promising lady skaters coming from Canada. Now that situation has suddenly changed and I´m really enthusiastic about Osmond´s skating. I see her as Canada´s future in ladies figure skating and not only in future, but already today.
    Last edited by Jaana; 11-06-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Custom Title
    I think it is now Osmond's to lose. She's got the guts to go for it. Daleman and Chartrand will be coming up right behind her. And don't forget Seguin.
    She had a pretty good skate at Quebec Sectionals this week including a triple lutz combo that got +s
    Here is her report card: http://www.patinage.qc.ca/doc/result...gesDetails.pdf
    Even if Lacoste skates well at Canadians sadly she has not much luck at repeating a good skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    so are you saying laCoste is good? Mind you I do like the LaCoste knit polo shirts - oops wrong Lacoste
    No.

Pangtongfan's premise is that Osmond might be a threat to LaCoste, the underlying assertion that Lacoste is in the top position. I'd argue that Osmond is. PTF says who has Osmond beaten really to earn such plaudits. She's beaten LaCoste. Not only has she beaten LaCoste, however. She's trounced her personal best by about twenty points. She's demonstrated that she'll score 114ish when flawed. She has specific skills that LaCoste doesn't have (more triple jumps - though the jump LaCoste owns she doesn't have, intriguingly; stronger competitive verve). She has the support of her federation, which Lacoste CLEARLY doesn't have (see the hoops they made her jump through last season).

Custom Title
    With Osmond doing so well on the international stage, I would assume a similar situation as last year. If Osmond wins nationals she will be going to worlds. If Lacoste wins nationals there will be another "skate-off" at 4CC. Lacoste still does not have the TES scores for worlds. The only chance she has is 4CC. Osmond has shown this year that she is ready to take this on. As for the Loop, Osmond has that. I would expect to see alot of changes to her programs before nationals. She was landing beautiful 3Lz-3T and 3F-3T in Windsor. This kid seems to be the real deal.

Custom Title
    Asking if Osmond is a threat to LaCoste at Canadians this year is like asking if Abbott is a threat to Weir at US Nationals this year, but not quite as ridiculous as asking if Patrick Chan would be a threat to Reynolds or any other Canadian Men skater.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    Osmond is the future of Canadian figure skating!
    ITA though I wish the future included Joannie Rochette as well - I feel the world got cheated when her mom died and she didn't go to world's. But her time may have passed.

I think Pangtongfan's thread title was tongue in cheek.

lowtherlore
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    ITA though I wish the future included Joannie Rochette as well - I feel the world got cheated when her mom died and she didn't go to world's. But her time may have passed.
    Me too! I saw her skating last Aug and she was in terrific form, jumps, performance, and all. If she become serious in coming back, I believe she would still be the top lady for Canada.

I hope Canada get two spots for 2014, at least.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 11-07-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Me too! I saw her skating last Aug and she was in terrific form, jumps, performance, and all. If she become serious in coming back, I believe she would still be the top lady for Canada.

I hope Canada get two spots for 2014, at least.
    I saw her skate last month and wow - I know people disagee but the inbetweens, the power, the strength of those jumps - she may be no princess but she is a more musical and complete Slutskaya. I guess some may say she is like Wagner too but I think Joannie right now or up until now has more power and amplitude on her elements. Even if she was the second Canadian at the Olys that would be fine. Though I do think even if she didn't do as amany triples her quality is still better than Osmond right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3