Thread: Madeline Aaron & Max Settlage

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

Madeline Aaron & Max Settlage

Have been thinking for ages that Maddie and Max S. deserve a fan thread.

Decided to start with this great photo that I noticed today of their 2014-15 "The King and I" free skate:

REFERENCE LINKS (work in progress):

IceNetwork bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/team/aaron_settlage

ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013485.htm

Social media for Maddie:

Social media for Max S:
    Website for Max S:

ISU JGP Minsk 2013 Junior Pairs Short Program | Published on Sep 26, 2013

ISU JGP Minsk 2013 Junior Pairs Free Skating | Published on Sep 27, 2013

JGP Minsk Cup 2013 Victory Ceremony Pairs | Published on Sep 28, 2013
    Maddie/Max won the silver medal. Podium photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2

Emotions run as Aaron, Settlage rule junior pairs
    Liu, Perini maintain hold on second place; Bronze goes to Pearce, Pacini

Posted 1/10/14 by Troy Schwindt
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...e-junior-pairs (after Maddie/Max's junior nats gold)

Max S as visual artist (I plan to eventually round up a lot of older links to his illustrations):
    - For starters, his Nebelhorn 2014 Photo Cartoon series (thx to Layback for looking up the link)
    - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, in honor of her visit to Colorado Springs for training
    - Donuts personifying Team USA skaters
    https://www.facebook.com/usfigureska...686342/?type=1 (Jun 5, 2015 - aka National Donut Day)
    - Max S has created the official logo for the Freezer Aerial Challenge coming up at the Broadmoor Open:

In 2010, Maddie/Max (then a novice pair) won "a new award, the 'Skate with All Your Heart' trophy given in honor of Haley Rose Gans, the Broadmoor SC skater who was killed in a skiing accident in November 2009. The award was presented to the pair or dance team in the Pikes Peak Classic judged to have skated the most inspirational program."

Mini Maddie photos:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doris and Mrs. P:
    I plan to come back and gradually add more to this OP to assist with your 2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete.
    But I am going to take "Summer" literally -- as in Summer does not even begin until June and lasts until September .
    If I am too slow for you, obviously please go ahead with this thread without me.
    Last edited by golden411; 06-06-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    golden411, we will take all the help we can get!

somebody skate to Greenland's Icy Mountains...plz? humbaba's Avatar
    Thanks for starting this thread, golden411. I love Maddie and Max.

Custom Title
    Yay! My favourite US pair!

Their FS this season was just so beautiful. I can't wait to see how they go!

(I still get a giggle out of the fact that Maddie's brother and her partner share the same name )

I'm a fan too. I really liked both of their programs for the last season, and they look so nice and cheerful.

Love this team! Their short was my favorite pairs program this season. They both seem really nice and Max is always amusing on social media (a bit like the Shibs, if you catch my drift). I really hope they do well on the GP next year and make worlds (not to mention get great new programs)!

Maddie and Max S are among the Team USA skaters seen/heard sending love to their moms for Mother's Day.

USFS tweeted a link to the one-minute unlisted video:

Quote Originally Posted by Layback11 View Post
    Love this team! Their short was my favorite pairs program this season. They both seem really nice and Max is always amusing on social media (a bit like the Shibs, if you catch my drift). I really hope they do well on the GP next year and make worlds (not to mention get great new programs)!
    The competition to make the World team will be tough, but Maddie/Max are hard workers, and my fingers will be crossed for them .

Love the range of stuff that Max S shares on social media: humor, artistic creativity, etc.
    (One of my favorite videos showed his amazing gift-wrapping skills .)

One of the best things ever to happen to the skatingverse (for the OP edit): link to Max's Nebelhorn Photo Cartoons!

http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/96331494

Quote Originally Posted by Layback11 View Post
    One of the best things ever to happen to the skatingverse (for the OP edit): link to Max's Nebelhorn Photo Cartoons!

http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/96331494
    Thx for looking up the Nebelhorn series. I have added the link to the OP .

Eventually will go back and collect more of Max's illustrations from his Instagram and other sources.
    Before starting this thread for Maddie/Max S, I used to post things about them (incl. his artsy links) in Max A's thread.

Anyway, it was very cool that after Max S recently posted his illustration of Tukt, Weaver/Poje replied with the compliment that they aspired to merit one of their own some day .

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Thx for looking up the Nebelhorn series. I have added the link to the OP .

Eventually will go back and collect more of Max's illustrations from his Instagram and other sources.
    Before starting this thread for Maddie/Max S, I used to post things about them (incl. his artsy links) in Max A's thread.

Anyway, it was very cool that after Max S recently posted his illustration of Tukt, Weaver/Poje replied with the compliment that they aspired to merit one of their own some day .

And I have been waiting for that drawing ever since! Literally, I cross my fingers it shows up every time I'm on twitter!

Custom Title

For Nat'l Donut Day today, the imaginative Max S dreamed up some unique ones (complete with sketches, of course ) in honor of Scimeca, Donohue, G Gold, J-L Baker, Max A, and (all too humbly) himself.

ETA, on a more "official"/serious note , Max S has created the logo for the Freezer Aerial Challenge coming up at the Broadmoor Open:

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Still can't get over how cute all the Aarons are .
    Last edited by golden411; 06-05-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Maddie/Max are assigned to Cup of China.

Possible that they eventually could be added to Skate America, which has a TBD slot. (As do Skate Canada, TEB, and Rostelecom.)

Last year, Maddie/Max originally were assigned only to Skate Canada.
    Later were added to Skate America, based on strong summer results -- e.g., they defeated Scimeca/Knierim in the FS at the Colorado Championships.

ETA:

@MaddieAaron25
    What an honor to represent Team USA at Cup of China!! ���� ���� #teamUSA @USFigureSkating
    8:03 PM - 15 Jun 2015
    https://twitter.com/MaddieAaron25/st...43894917664768
    Last edited by golden411; 06-15-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Maddie/Max competed in the Senior Pairs SP at the Broadmoor Open.

Score: 52.11

They were the only entrants in the segment.

http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/WAResults.pdf

Has anyone heard whether they have a new SP this season? And if so, what their music is?

The IceNetwork video of Maddie/Max's SP at Skate America 2014 is viewable without a paid subscription (at least for now):
    It's the video of them attached to the USFS/IN ballot for Readers' Choice/Skater(s) of the Year.

Six more pieces of fun artwork from Max S for USFS:

Max has drawn "Flat Stanley"-type illustrations of each of the reigning U.S. Champions.
    USFS wants fans to take summer vacation pics with the images (e.g., of Flat Jason, Flat Ashley, Flat Alexa, etc.) and post them on social media. (Prizes are at stake .)

LOL, I bet USFS stole the idea from Max S himself, who had drawn a Flat Stanley-esque illustration of himself at Champs Camp and then gotten other skaters to pose for photos with Flat Max.

Two (completely different) USFS graphics in honor of Max's 23rd birthday today:
    Happy Birthday to Max !
    Last edited by golden411; 07-01-2015 at 05:51 PM.