Thread: Anastasia Arkhipova

3 Not allowed!

Anastasia Arkhipova

Anastasia Arkhipova is a Ukrainian figure skater. She was born December 29, 2003. Her coach: Marina Amirkhanova.

Nastya is a silver medalist of Tallinn Trophy 2017.

ISU Bio

Personal best
    SP: 57.64
    FP: 105.07
    TS: 158.61

JGP Riga 2017
    SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJTdIapYu3E
    FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYof8Xn5UjU

JGP Gdansk 2017
    SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJTdIapYu3E
    FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrJMfU3ojEU

2 Not allowed!

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by puremagic View Post

If I try to do this it will be very literally a 3A ON THE FLOOR, because that's where I'm going to stay.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    173.75 at Tallinn Trophy! Highest season's best by any non-Russian European except Carolina Kostner this season. Is she the one to challenge the Russians once Carolina is gone? (1st year junior also).

0 Not allowed!
    I absolutely LOVE Nastya's skating!
    and her interesting SP dress, haha
    Good job Nastya on your silver medal!

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    173.75 at Tallinn Trophy! Highest season's best by any non-Russian European except Carolina Kostner this season. Is she the one to challenge the Russians once Carolina is gone? (1st year junior also).
    No, she probably won’t be challenging the Russian ladies. Russian ladies of her age score 20 points more.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    No, she probably won’t be challenging the Russian ladies. Russian ladies of her age score 20 points more.
    But she's not from Russia and their hothouse atmosphere. It's where you end up as a senior that really matters and she has huge potential.

Tripping on the Podium russianfan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    she's definitely very promising, she also did pretty well at JGP

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    But she's not from Russia and their hothouse atmosphere. It's where you end up as a senior that really matters and she has huge potential.
    Not sure what your point is. How exactly is the fact that she is not from Russia going to help her skate better? The only advantage she will have is that if she is the only one from her country, she will be selected to go to Europeans and worlds, but it will not make her miraculously skate well enough to be threat to the top Russian ladies. A bit like Tursynbaeva. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that she doesn’t have potential, but thinking about hr being a future threat to top Russian ladies while she still scores only around 170 is a bit premature.

0 Not allowed!
    Hard to say. I thought the same two years ago about this Nastya. Same coach, by the way.

Too many Nastyas... At Tallinn Trophy also the entire podium was occupied by them.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by puremagic View Post
    Hard to say. I thought the same two years ago about this Nastya. Same coach, by the way.

Too many Nastyas... At Tallinn Trophy also the entire podium was occupied by them.

But that’s exactly my point. There may be something on her skating that you like, you may enjoy watching her, but saying things about a young newcoming skater that she will be challenging the best russian skaters is taking it a bit far. Arkhipova scores 170s. Your Nastya Hozva has ISU best score 139.22. Russian top juniors are scoring in 190s.