Evgeni Plushenko | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

LRK

Record Breaker
@mich2 - All contibutions and contributors warmly welcome, of course. ;) When the "real" NEWS! Plushenko threads/"news items" appear we will look on them with a jaded eye, and say, "Really? That is all you could do? Tsk! I mean, one would think they would at least put in some effort - Tsk, tsk, tsk! " :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
we have news and reports:

Plush will skate The Best of Plushenko.

"Some short "repo" from fans who went to airport to welcome Plush:http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=372&start=20

Apparently, Plush was very happy to be received by fans with gorgeous flowers :plush39: . He thanked them using Russian, English and Chinese;D He recognized Hongmin and told her "I know you." She felt quite overwhelmed.

Fans also helped him to put flowers into the car, and Plush said the flowers are important so must be taken good care of. He received three big bouquets and he carried one of them.

Another fan (@艾一杰) probably is from media? She (or he?) reported that Plush is charming and open, with gentle eyes. She/he asked a lot of questions and Plush answered them all.

Hongmin said she will write a longer report shortly.

Few photos by Hongmin and lyapplehappy from Plushy's training :plush39:
http://weibo.com/plushenkotieba

He was in good mood, jumped few triples, practiced both programs (2nd is secret for now :).
Girls take many videos but unfortunately, their videos will be able to upload only when they return home from all shows, because they do not have a computer with them ... I hope someone else will shoot Plushy

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh, my! What a headline - that's just a recipe for... confusion and misconstruction. Can the next NEWS! Plushenko thread be far away!

NEWS! Plushenko Starring in Russian Fight Club Remake!
Has his hubris no end? - Does he fancy himself an actor and an action star now?!
Discuss!

To add fuel to the fire, the article even mentions a movie that will soon be appearing on the network... Oh, dear... oh, my... ! Best prepare yourself to start refuting claims that he's planning on becoming a movie star - and, when said movie (obviously) does not appear - that the reason why it did not is because it failed and fell through, and now, he's pretending it never happened in the first place... ;)

:laugh: He actually did talk about doing movies some years ago! I remember a documentary where he said he had gotten some offers for romantic leading roles but was too busy to take them... :slink:

The "movie" referred to in this article is probably some other short tv clip or documentary - hard to say as so much gets lost or twisted in translation. But yes, I won't be surprised at all if we see a "news" thread pop up about his new aspirations. :popcorn:

plushyfan - thanks for the updates. Nice to see him together with Edvin again. :thumbsup:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
:laugh: He actually did talk about doing movies some years ago! I remember a documentary where he said he had gotten some offers for romantic leading roles but was too busy to take them... :slink:

The "movie" referred to in this article is probably some other short tv clip or documentary - hard to say as so much gets lost or twisted in translation. But yes, I won't be surprised at all if we see a "news" thread pop up about his new aspirations. :popcorn:

plushyfan - thanks for the updates. Nice to see him together with Edvin again. :thumbsup:

When he was really young the Americans also wanted to make a skating-romantic movie with him. He almost did it but he recognized if he would have played the role he had no time to training. I believe many skaters would have chosen the movie..

Look at him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CdUOibf3xM&t=4m33s I'm always thinking he is an elf or fairy in the fairytale...

More photos with fans at Beijing ariport: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=372&p=84501#p84501

OMG! those boucuets!!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
When he was really young the Americans also wanted to make a skating-romantic movie with him. He almost did it but he recognized if he would have played the role he had no time to training. I believe many skaters would have chosen the movie..

Look at him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CdUOibf3xM&t=4m33s I'm always thinking he is an elf or fairy in the fairytale...

More photos with fans at Beijing ariport: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=372&p=84501#p84501

OMG! those buckets!!!

That's interesting. I wonder why they didn't get Ilia Kulik for the film...he acted in a ballet movie called Center Stage and wasn't too bad, as I recall (it's been awhile since I saw it). Part of me would love to see Plushy on the big screen, but I think he was right to dedicate himself to skating. He has many more years to try out different projects (and drive the haters crazy in the process ;) ).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Didn't the Kulik!movie get bad reviews? Granted, he wasn't a central character so the bad reviews likely have nothing to do with him, but...

Oh, if only figure skating were more popular and people made more movies about it! Plushy could keep jumping his triples and quads as an actor/stuntman. And "trash-talk" his fellow retired-skaters-turned-actors (Yagudin! :laugh:) for not doing their own tricks. :popcorn:

The Fight Club/kick-boxing part: Relieved it's not a new hobby, because I got this weird image of Plushy doing Elvis Stojko-like programs. That... really worried me for a second, because it'll be the total antithesis of the balletic program I want. :no:

Yeah, one feels almost blinded by the reflection and light...
"And left me blinded by the light..." Oops, this isn't an Elton John Fan Fest, right?

I hope he takes it easy and doesn't go for 3A again. I'll be happy to see "Best of Plushenko" with simply a longer spiral sequence.

LRK

Record Breaker
we have news and reports:

Plush will skate The Best of Plushenko.

"Some short "repo" from fans who went to airport to welcome Plush:http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=372&start=20

Apparently, Plush was very happy to be received by fans with gorgeous flowers :plush39: . He thanked them using Russian, English and Chinese;D He recognized Hongmin and told her "I know you." She felt quite overwhelmed.

Fans also helped him to put flowers into the car, and Plush said the flowers are important so must be taken good care of. He received three big bouquets and he carried one of them.

Another fan (@艾一杰) probably is from media? She (or he?) reported that Plush is charming and open, with gentle eyes. She/he asked a lot of questions and Plush answered them all.

Hongmin said she will write a longer report shortly.

Few photos by Hongmin and lyapplehappy from Plushy's training :plush39:
http://weibo.com/plushenkotieba

He was in good mood, jumped few triples, practiced both programs (2nd is secret for now :).
Girls take many videos but unfortunately, their videos will be able to upload only when they return home from all shows, because they do not have a computer with them ... I hope someone else will shoot Plushy

My ears pricked at the mention of "both programs" - "Both?" I thought eagerly, and then... Gah! What a tease! So, what do you people think - does this mean... a new program? Or an old fan favourite redux? I mean, if he were "only" doing Storm, it wouldn't be a secret, I think? ("only" because he did it recently, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise, and hence little reason to keep it secret)

Or can it be... the Mystery Ultra-C Program?! Discuss! :) ;) (Nah, I don't think so - too soon, no?)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That's interesting. I wonder why they didn't get Ilia Kulik for the film...he acted in a ballet movie called Center Stage and wasn't too bad, as I recall (it's been awhile since I saw it). Part of me would love to see Plushy on the big screen, but I think he was right to dedicate himself to skating. He has many more years to try out different projects (and drive the haters crazy in the process ;) ).

PLushy told this story in his first biography..I have seen Kulik's movie. He wasn't bad in it.

The Fight Club/kick-boxing part: Relieved it's not a new hobby, because I got this weird image of Plushy doing Elvis Stojko-like programs. That... really worried me for a second, because it'll be the total antithesis of the balletic program I want.

I'm with you. I want to see a balettic program from him.

My ears pricked at the mention of "both programs" - "Both?" I thought eagerly, and then... Gah! What a tease! So, what do you people think - does this mean... a new program? Or an old fan favourite redux? I mean, if he were "only" doing Storm, it wouldn't be a secret, I think? ("only" because he did it recently, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise, and hence little reason to keep it secret)

Or can it be... the Mystery Ultra-C Program?! Discuss! (Nah, I don't think so - too soon, no?)

No new program I know what will be the second program, my chinese friend was in the practice. She told me, but Edvin said this is secret..I don't know why, maybe he was joking but we are very loyal fans ;) thus we don't tell the secret.... :no:

LRK

Record Breaker
Ha! Very easy for you to be "loyal" and steadfast when you know! How mean! (disgruntled) So, when will the rest of us find out then? I mean, when is the show? (yeah, I'm sure this has been pointed out before, and I'm coming across as terribly clueless - because I am ;) - but please bear with me and my goldfish memory! - also my laziness for not searching it out... )

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ha! Very easy for you to be "loyal" and steadfast when you know! How mean! (disgruntled) So, when will the rest of us find out then? I mean, when is the show? (yeah, I'm sure this has been pointed out before, and I'm coming across as terribly clueless - because I am ;) - but please bear with me and my goldfish memory! - also my laziness for not searching it out... )

;)

Can't you sleep as me? :disapp::mad:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm with you. I want to see a balettic program from him.
Kickboxing/martial arts program would be... a bit of a waste. I like 'em just fine, but someone with Plushy's build and body line will be able to carry a balletic program better. I doubt a "warrior" program will work for him any more than a balletic program works for Stojko.

No new program I know what will be the second program, my chinese friend was in the practice. She told me, but Edvin said this is secret..I don't know why, maybe he was joking but we are very loyal fans ;) thus we don't tell the secret.... :no:
It's not Storm again, right? I mean, I'm relieved he can still go out on the ice, so I don't care what he skates, but it'll be cool if he brought back something older. I'm dreaming of show version of Aranjuez, but it'll never happen. :disapp:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Kickboxing/martial arts program would be... a bit of a waste. I like 'em just fine, but someone with Plushy's build and body line will be able to carry a balletic program better. I doubt a "warrior" program will work for him any more than a balletic program works for Stojko.

It's not Storm again, right? I mean, I'm relieved he can still go out on the ice, so I don't care what he skates, but it'll be cool if he brought back something older. I'm dreaming of show version of Aranjuez, but it'll never happen. :disapp:

I think he could probably pull off a program like Michal Brezina's "Japanese Kodo Drums" or Tomas's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"...but probably it would have been best when he was a few years younger. Or just as an exhibition. But I'm very much looking forward to a sophisticated ballet program now. :thumbsup:

plushyfan, the program can't be a secret any more if your friend told you. ;) How about just a little hint...please?

LRK

Record Breaker
If she does give a hint, it will probably be something like: He wore black for this program. ;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
No Storm, because Plushy skated it in 2012. He will skate such program, what Edvin can play live...this is the most important aspect. I really don't know why Edvin said this is secret....

and about his costumes...In the Best of Plushenko program probably he will skate in that costume what Yudashkin -the most famous and best Russian designer -made him befor Sochi. He couldn't wear because of his withdrawal.. Yodashkin is a very good friend of Plushy and Yana. I like what he said about Plushy's personality.
And the second costume will be a well-known black costume I'm afraid..

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushy's second program is Tosca Fantasy. This isn't secret now.

Forbes' 50 Russian celebs:

http://www.forbes.ru/rating/50-glav...ostei-2014-reiting-forbes/2014?full=1&table=1

1. Sharapova 2. Ovechkin 6. Kovalchuk 7. Plushenko 10. Malkin 12. Povetkin 18. Kokorin

the ranking was set up on the basis of these things: income , references in the media , Queries in Yandex-internet

Plushy earned "only " 2, 8 million dollars in this year. But he has more 2 million search on Yandex...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Today we hit the jackpot of photos. :love: I love Tosca, so even though I would like something new, I'm totally fine with that choice.

Soccer on ice, golf on ice...what next? Ping-pong?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
the next is soft ball on ice (like the tennis)...he played it with Vitaly in Budapest 2011..:biggrin: