05-04-2013, 04:53 PM
05-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I can't imagine he's being sponsored by Mercedes and Lexus at the same time. It must be an old one. Mercedes would never allow it considering Lexus is a subsidiary of Toyota.
Originally Posted by let`s talk
05-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 5 May
(recently uploaded homevideo - Plushenko, Navka & Slutskaya prectice for "Just 30 show", 6.11.2012) RT @vera13710 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2v9PKyJTDo
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 2h
RT @anais167: (Dmitry Nizelsky ▼ Yesterday at 21:01) Great and mighty Plushenko http://vk.com/wall181448209?w=wall181448209_344%2Fall
05-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by let`s talk
Evgeny Plushenko: "I love the big and powerful cars"
One of the best figure skaters in the world, the Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko is always like a race against time. Professional sports began four years. Cars carried away yet of school age ...
- The first time I got behind the wheel at age 12, during the training camps in France. We trained at Paris, and the older guys, the French had their own car "Peugeot". And they allowed me to shift gears with the engine off. This went on for several days until the owner of the car is not convinced: I have mastered the technique of switching almost to perfection. Finally allowed to start the engine and take a ride around the parking lot. In that short trip, I experienced a cocktail of feelings - pride, joy, joy! Probably, then fell in love with cars. And his first car bought in prize money in the ... 13 years! It was the 99th model of "Lada". I gave my dad. And two years later, when the World Cup third place, bought a foreign car. I was only fifteen.
- It also gave the parents?
- No, he has gone behind the wheel. And Dad always sat beside him. Accompanied. Until then, until I was eighteen. Then I started to frequently change cars, tried almost every known brand and model. While ridden aggressively, often playing on the road "checkers." Bought and sports cars. My personal speed record set at the wheel "Maserati" to Beltway Petersburg - 270 km / h. Do not think that I was the "Headless Horseman." Quite the contrary. Never be at risk themselves or others. Went quickly, but always very carefully. Even specially took extreme driving course that in any situation not to lose control of the car. At one point in my garage had accumulated seven cars. Not all have time to ride. So I had to sell off part. Then carried away by a motorcycle ...
- Probably, often had to explain to the traffic policemen due to speeding?
- Yes, stopped several times. Usually, traffic cops caught for speeding, but it is in those moments when I had good reasons. For example, in a hurry to meet with the governor or the competition. I tried to explain a human inspector and I tend to let them go. Although sometimes had to pay fines.
As a child, Eugene wanted to be a hockey player. But just started skating as a desire to change.
- When we lived in Volgograd, the mother took me to the rink. I was four. I remember well: spellbound watching the game players. But my mother advised me to first learn to skate and recorded in figure skating lessons. She said that then go to hockey. When I started riding, quickly lost interest in hockey. I immediately began to produce complex shapes, it was interesting to learn new elements. And just a month and a half began performing at the event with their children, who were involved in more than a year.
- It is hard to start a career in four years ...
- There was heavy, and fun at the same time. I was very lucky with the coaches. My first teacher was Tatiana Rock. On the ice, she replaced my mother. I trust her completely. And in the seven years I got to another coach - Michael Makoveev. It is an amazing man who was not involved in figure skating. He was engaged in weight training, and then he wanted to coach skaters - as he himself, through books, mastered the technique of figure skating, and developed his own system of training athletes. And when I was 11 years old, a sports school in Volgograd closed and had to move to St. Petersburg. There I got to the famous coach Alexei Mishin. His apartment was like at the International hostel - there lived foreign athletes, whom he coached: English, Spanish ... It was very interesting. Around me it always sounded foreign. But neighbors were much older than me, so they had their own life, which I was not allowed.
- They say that in professional sport is something like an army of bullying ...
- In the Palace of Sports in St. Petersburg had similar effects. I rode with guys who were much older than me. They clearly saw that catch or ahead of them in terms of training, so try to get rid of me, break down mentally. Looking for excuses to break even. We thought that would break down and return to Volgograd. But I did not give up. Perhaps the time when I was 11 to 14 years - the most difficult of my life. Had to contend with difficulties, endure various hardships. And when was 15, the situation has changed. I took third place in the World Cup. The prize money has bought an apartment in St. Petersburg and moved to my parents. Was very proud. After all, other awardees were champion for five to ten years older than me.
"If you suddenly take time out and do not prepare for the next Olympics, I feel: something is missing ...".
- Stellar disease bypassed or still sick with?
- How do without it! It started in my 15 years. It is a strong challenge for the mind, when at a young age can afford almost everything. For example, buy any car. My mother lowered me down to earth, saying: train, do not be distracted from the main. But, really, the time conceited I especially was not. I do a lot of training.
- It's no secret that many successful skaters at some point have a choice: to earn decent money in so-called professional sports, or work on the image, while remaining an amateur. Probably also had to choose ...
- I have a childhood dream to be an Olympic champion. And in 2006, won the Olympics. This was my second Olympics. At first I took second place. More like endeavor was already nowhere. And I took the time out was engaged in professional sports. I had a lot of demonstration performances and shows. In short, he lived for pleasure. Trying to engage in politics. But felt that something was missing. Then I met my wife, Yana Rudkovskaya. She often watched my demonstrations. And Yana once said: you are young and can go one more Olympics. I then replied that it was impossible. But then I thought, and decided to try it, and began to train hard. Spoke at his third Olympics in Vancouver, took second place. And when I learned that the next Olympics will be held in the homeland, in Sochi, I decided to make a fourth time. I recently had a serious injury, then surgery on the spine. Now doctors can not say I can skate or not. After I installed the vertebral disc of the polymer, which is fastened with screws. So far, very painful to walk. But I can not move. Soon I will go to Israel, will go rehab. Then rest and in May-June start training. I have friends - artists of the Bolshoi Theater, which makes such an operation. These guys jump, perform complex ballet elements. I hope everything will turn out.
- There are unrealized ideas in so-called professional sports?
- A lot of ideas, but more to say about them yet do not want to, because my ideas sometimes sold by other people. Right now I have no time for show business, competitors use it. After the Olympics, I will freely, then the implementation of ideas and loans.
- Many of our skaters are now working in the U.S. and Europe. Do not think too go?
- Not long ago I was asked to open his own school of figure skating in Italy. Tempting offer. I love this country, I like to lie down with my family. About my figure skating school, I always think. But I want to open it in Russia. Not even one school, and a network across the country. Unfortunately, many talents remain undiscovered. If you look at where most of the Russian athletes who have achieved success in figure skating, it is usually seen only two cities - Moscow and St. Petersburg. We have a huge country, but seriously kids play sports in the province simply nowhere. This is a big problem. In small towns, there is a place, ice arena, but all coaches - in Moscow and St. Petersburg. And I plan to prepare teachers in the field, to conduct master classes. I do not want that young athletes traveled to the USA and other countries and trained there. I want them to come in, say, Khabarovsk or Ryazan grown talent there. You need to give them the opportunity to work normally. Provide decent conditions. Many Russian coaches over the years in the United States produced serious competition our athletes were able to pull even average performance to a decent level.
- Which countries have the most noble and appreciative audience?
- Ride in Russia is very nice, but extremely difficult. The Russian people are very demanding, you expect victory, are not ready to forgive mistakes. Therefore, during the performances felt a certain tension. I'd like to play in Japan. Japanese - special people, they are able to empathize with you, the viewer is very noble. I first came to this country when I was 15 years old. I immediately fell in love with the Japanese, called "Sunny boy" - a sunny boy. In China and Korea, the audience too much. In Europe, I am pleased to speak in Italy. Often skate in Turin, there is always - sold out.
His victory is not left out of the first persons of the country. Usually Eugene gave cars premium.
- First car gift - "Toyota Land Cruiser" - Vladimir Putin gave me after winning the Olympics in 2006. Then, for the first prize in Vancouver, thanked Dmitry Medvedev - I was given a "Audi Q5". But this car I gave to my loved ones. Yes, in 2006, after winning the Olympics, another gift made the company "Mercedes". I was asked what model I wanted. And then I just raved "Gelendevagenom" and eventually got it.
- What are the requirements for cars today?
- I love the big and powerful machines. Recently stayed at the "Mercedes". Previously, I was S-class - "S63 AMG", then coupe SL. Now our family three cars. For family trips with children and nannies perfect vehicle "Viano", and for the daily commute - our workhorses, SUVs, "GL 500" in the performance of the "AMG". I have to live in two houses - in Moscow and St. Petersburg. So one car "spelled out" in St. Petersburg, two - in the capital. I really like the GL last generation, especially the spacious seven-seat cabin, which fits my large family. This is a dynamic car that still pleases the comfort and economy. Great combination of qualities. I had a GL of the previous generation. Here it was a bit harsh, is not as comfortable as the current one.
- What was most impressive to travel by car?
- Most of all remember the extreme case in Sri Lanka. I flew there on a contract with a tea company. So, we went to the shooting of commercials on a narrow road in the mountains. By the time the island was a week of heavy rain. And the rocks began to literally crumble. Right in front of our car on the road dropped a huge boulder the size of a large machine. It was very scary. After all, neither I nor our driver at the time could not do anything.
- Is a car Plushenko dream or not to dream about?
- I dream after the Olympics in Sochi, where some free time to go to avtomotoprobeg country. I have many friends who are willing to the idea supported reap. From Moscow to go somewhere to the south, towards the sea. Leave without haste, behold, from time to time changing the car on the bike.
ha-ha he has a very fast and powerful motorcycle..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZZ9_pvgZQ he is crazy
05-13-2013, 10:56 AM
PlushenkoNews (russian article and photos from vacation in Mexico) RT @yanarudkovskaya:
05-13-2013, 12:19 PM
05-14-2013, 12:29 PM
@SkatingLesson: 100 Moment of Russian Skating: The Debut of Plushenko http://www.theskatinglesson.com/100-...-of-plushenko/
05-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks for posting! Lovely resort. Plushy and his wife are looking quite happy and relaxed.
Originally Posted by plushyfan