Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
article of today http://lenta.ru/articles/2014/12/18/pluschenko/

he said same thing, but very interesting:

"Putin has fulfilled his promise"
Evgeni Plushenko of sanctions against Russia, the Olympic Games in Sochi and the uncertainty with the return to sport

Two-time Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko after Sochi took a break in his career. Questions about the future of answers evasively - in his words, one part wants to ride, while the other calls for "tie". Currently busy with his athlete and commercial projects in competitive sport is not going to come back, preferring to act as an expert.

"To Lenta.ru": You probably watched the Grand Prix finals, which took place a few days ago in Barcelona. What do you remember it?
- Evgeni Plushenko: arbitrary programs singles I have not looked, but watch out for short. I want to mention in the first place, so it's Yuzuru Hanyu. Actually, I do not hide their sympathy for the Japanese, I - fan of his and I believe that he was the future of figure skating. As far as our, very happy for Sergei Voronov, who finally managed to demonstrate stability and enter the top 3 strongest skaters in the world. Transition to Etery Tutberidze coach with a capital letter, which has worked well and found the approach to Sergei, uniquely for him. I understand that many of the leaders of the male figure skating this season passed, for example, Patrick Chan, Daisuke Takahashi, but the result Voronov nobody he will not take.

How about the incredible competition in the camp of the women's team?
- Happy for Lisa Tuktamysheva. I train with her in the same group, Alexei Mishin, and we cooperate with him for 20 years. Therefore, I am doubly happy for this creative tandem. Lisa - a big fellow, found the strength to go on the ice again after a serious injury, due to which she missed the Olympics. But everyone was shouting that she will not be able to return. Lisa not only could, but also joined the elite world of figure skating, and now it is the number one athlete. See how great she performed in the final Grand Prix!

At the Olympic Games in Sochi, you were probably one of the most talked about people. That one of the most popular athletes can say about the Olympics?
- It's best games. By all indications: for hotels, rollers, logistics infrastructure. However, I was not in the mountains - somehow did not happen. But as for the two hockey rinks and figure skating rink, no complaints about the object can not be in principle. Stunning opening and closing ceremonies. I remember when we were doing a presentation in Guatemala Sochi Olympics, many nerves it cost. And when chosen Sochi, all, of course, be happy. But then hit the "Holy smoke, what Sochi, there is nothing we will not do anything. All stolen, all stolen. "In the end, Putin has fulfilled his promises. Our president gave the country an incredible holiday, leaving behind a great legacy. Another question was: how to use the Olympic facilities in the future? Yes here, look at the end of December, "Fischt 'Cup will be held" First Channel "in" Iceberg "- the championship of Russia figure skating. It's really great that we no longer need to travel to Italy or Germany, we can safely train in Russia. All terms: mountains, sea, sports facilities and infrastructure.

From this year skaters allowed to use compositions with words as the musical accompaniment of their programs. Under what song you would love to perform?
- To be honest, I'm fed up competition. Watched the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona, saw what was happening, and is not yet ready to plunge into the atmosphere. I need to go hungry. Do not forget that a lot will depend on my health and on the form. It is necessary to freshen up after an injury just for the competition. Currently there are no forces to even think about starting, tournaments. It will take a few years, you miss. And then we'll see. Besides, I put so much effort into their fairy tale "Snow King": staging, choreography, music, work on the costumes.

It may happen that this hunger will not come?
- I do not know. I think that this should not happen. May not be able to, but only because of health problems. What is 35 years for an athlete? Nonsense! In sport, everything comes from the head.

Age is perceived differently in different sports. For example, in a bobsled can safely speak up to 40-45 years. But gymnast, which will be released on the carpet or the platform at this age just do not understand ...
- This is nonsense. Fudge. Some one said this, and all picked up. Tara Lipinski remember that became the Olympic champion in 15 years. After Nagano 1998 she completed a career and disappeared from the world of sports, decided to become a Hollywood actress. Maybe she wanted to go back, but everything she said, it makes no sense, you will not work. A similar story and Sarah Hughes. Or please, Oksana Baiul, and yet she could still skate and skate. Take men. Earlier in the 20 years ended and went to demonstrations. And I tried to change something, do not like it. Tomas Verner, Brian Joubert, too, could get away for a long time, but again and again came out on the ice. And I could long ago to finish his career, but every time I come back. I did not speak for three years, and then came back in less than a year prepared for the Games in Vancouver, where he became the second. Although, according to many, at the Olympics I won. After that, people's world began to change. Please Yu-Na Kim, who won in Vancouver 2008, Sochi won silver. Why is it needed? If you are artistic gymnast in the 16 years old woman call - this is complete nonsense. Chess - too dangerous sport.

What?
- It is possible to think so, prikemarit, hit the figure - on a horse or a queen - and die. Therefore, all these prejudices of the age are exclusively from the head.

Here is where you can prikemarit, so it is in Moscow traffic jams. A lot of time to spend? (Eugene late for a meeting of more than an hour - approx. "Heathcliff!")
- Even too. I especially feel the difference when he moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow. It's not even two different cities, two different states.

But in the years that you live in the capital, have learned to spend time with their use?
- Yeah, I try. Carry on negotiations, to solve some cases, answers journalists' questions. On the phone, of course. There were times when two hours I could not cover the distance of ten kilometers.

Offhand remember the last time I went down into the subway?
- Yes, of course I remember. 17 years ago. (Smiles.)

Are you afraid?
- I can not even imagine that somewhere the food on the subway. Moreover, I have no such desire and. Just recently came to Moscow ten Japanese, my fans, the show "Snow King". They expressed a desire to walk in Moscow, I readily agreed, because he did not even remember when I did it the last time. We went to Red Square, but I soon regretted it. Started hype, everyone wanted me to take a picture, get an autograph, both Russian and foreign citizens. Well, I have been jacket with hood - escaped as he could. And you are asking me to use the subway. At the time, I end collision and the subway, and train. Earlier in the competition on the aircraft flew nobody, so I know very well what are the car with reserved seats.

Have you ever had any desire to quit Moscow with its problems, traffic jams and bad weather and move somewhere abroad?
- Such invitations are sent to me regularly, and from America, and Asian countries. For example, recently I was invited to China to coach the national team. But I'm not ready to leave their hearth and home. I have worked and continue to work on Russia. This is my homeland. I want here to open his own school of figure skating and to cultivate Russian athletes. This is my dream.

And at what stage is the implementation of your ideas? How easy or, on the contrary, it is difficult in our country start their own businesses?
- Teaching in fact turned out to be very difficult to open. Even if you have the desire and opportunity. I talked about it with officials, friends who have a similar experience. They warned me, saying, Jen, is not so simple as it seems at first glance. Please look for an ice rink, renting it, bring their children. In words, everything seems to be clear until you take it on the practice.

Themselves their own future in a chair officials see?
- No, do not want to mess with it. Policy - absolutely not my story. So Long. Perhaps that's the change. But if I'm offered something related to sports in politics, then I'll think about it seriously. I know that Ira Slutskaya also wants to open his own school of figure skating, but our officials can not help her. This is nonsense. If great athletes who knows a huge amount of nuances and secrets of their sport, there was a desire - give her the opportunity. Imagine how much it will educate athletes? But make sure that she was comfortable and that she did not want to go to another country. Now offers a variety of private schools, but not always money in the first place, sometimes you need to think about the result.

Sanctions against Russia somehow affect your life?
- We have been negotiating with a foreign company that was supposed to take my show to the story in the warranty. Met in London with representatives of the organization, signed the agreement. But after the imposition of sanctions, the company, rather large, refused to cooperate with us. We had to urgently look for a replacement. So, yeah, I've managed to feel the sanctions in their own skin.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The Courchevel's show is the 12/22 but it will be broadcast on the french tv the 12/28 (If I have my new DVD writer, I will try to record the moment with him)

Mia, tell me please on which channel will be aired Courchevel's show?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you for posting the new interview, plushyfan. I wonder what "prikemarit" means...:confused: I'm jealous of the lucky Japanese fans that got to go on a small tour with him!

Yana just tweeted posters for both the Medal Winners Open and Stars on Ice Japan - so I guess he will do that show too.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thank you for posting the new interview, plushyfan. I wonder what "prikemarit" means...:confused: I'm jealous of the lucky Japanese fans that got to go on a small tour with him!

Yana just tweeted posters for both the Medal Winners Open and Stars on Ice Japan - so I guess he will do that show too.

This isn't the first walk with fans. After his Birthday show in 2012 he did same small tour with his Japanese fans in St. Petersburg. And they had a joint dinner, too.
One of the pictures with fans on Red Square what Plushy mentioned https://vk.com/igor.fominykh?w=wall8827444_2131

These articles are not all. :biggrin: I show only the link.
16.12. 2014. Evgeni Plushenko and Yana Rudkovskaja: the secrets of family life http://graziamagazine.ru/stars/news...-yana-rudkovskaya-o-sekretax-semejnoj-zhizni/

https://twitter.com/chihiRomangaart/status/545529599803670528 so cute !!!

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you for the interview. It seems like his focus is completely on Snow King right now. Any chance we'll get a new exhibition at Russia Nationals?

Meoima

Match Penalty
It seems to me that Plushy is busier than ever. :dance: maybe he will have a new program by Nationals.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Plushy w/the kids = very cute! :love:

Artur Dmitriev: "Plushenko comes to me in training and was very helpful in terms of choreography"

Russian figure skater Artur Dmitriev told about recovering from injury and help Evgeni Plushenko.

"Everything that I could recover from the elements - I restored. Including a quadruple toe loop. I believe that at the moment I have not all that bad. I can say unequivocally: recovery was and continues to move in a positive pace. Russian Championship in my plans included, and I will certainly go to Sochi.

- The program "The Firebird" You really helped Evgeni Plushenko. This is true?

- Yes, Jack came to my training and was very helpful in terms of choreography, drawing program. Prompted a number of very important points, so thank him very much for your help "- quoted Dmitrieva" Soviet Sport ".

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Every day bring some news about Plushy. We don't have time to gossip. But I found this http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/2093.html a few days ago and I wanted to share with you. This story is about their divorce with Masha. What can I say? Very interesting!! ;)

and this is a new montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_05oplAGD4 Evgeni Plushenko and Yana Rudkovskaya - G.U.Y.
When I read the description and the comments I :laugh2: and :eek:: I love the Plushenko fans!

Last edited:

whitebamboo

On the Ice
another interview today

I quoted from his official

Plushy requested from Russian Skating Federation "official statement" about that what happened at the Olympics - after the Team competition he said them that he could not perform at the Individual competition because of pain in the spine, but they told him that they "can not find anyone who could replace him". He even sent to Federation a letter to publish this "official statement", but they are not answered... so this interview is, in fact, the pressure on them

http://prosport-online.ru/other/evg...r-putin-vse-znaet-eto-dlya-menya-ochen-vazhno

I was just reading this interview and it made me go back and read all the reports at Sochi again...Now I really believe that the screw had probably started to crack during the team event, and broken completely into two pieces during the warm-up before the individual SP. The same night of the team event LP, soon after it ended (a matter of under an hour, I think), he said that he was feeling some pain but would definitely go on to skate the individual event. I should have known what "feeling some pain" actually meant in his language. But this also suggests that his conversation with the FFKKR officials, and the whole decision process, all happened in a pretty brief period of time. That does makes me wonder how much an effort the FFKKR really made to reach all of the possible alternates, and about this "everyone else just somehow happened to be out of reach" story. (Another thing is that I suddenly recalled that Tarasova was right there at Sochi...So she had no way of reaching the first alternate either, huh?) Though frankly, I suspect had he really withdrew on Sunday night, there would have been a wave of attacks against him for "faking his injury", anyway.

I know people would say that he needs to put this behind him (and that I should too). But for myself I can totally understand that he would want some open clarification from the officials. I don't think it's as much about the competition itself, or his chances for winning or losing, but all the attacks on his character and honor, a word that many people nowadays maybe will find ridiculous, but which he's been known to use. Maybe it's partly cultural. Though I don't think the FFKKR will ever give him that public statement, to be honest. It leads to too many questions.

Meoima

Match Penalty
He really endured a lot of pain after the team event. :cry: I hope he will get that official statement.

LRK

Record Breaker
I was just reading this interview and it made me go back and read all the reports at Sochi again...Now I really believe that the screw had probably started to crack during the team event, and broken completely into two pieces during the warm-up before the individual SP. The same night of the team event LP, soon after it ended (a matter of under an hour, I think), he said that he was feeling some pain but would definitely go on to skate the individual event. I should have known what "feeling some pain" actually meant in his language. But this also suggests that his conversation with the FFKKR officials, and the whole decision process, all happened in a pretty brief period of time. That does makes me wonder how much an effort the FFKKR really made to reach all of the possible alternates, and about this "everyone else just somehow happened to be out of reach" story. (Another thing is that I suddenly recalled that Tarasova was right there at Sochi...So she had no way of reaching the first alternate either, huh?) Though frankly, I suspect had he really withdrew on Sunday night, there would have been a wave of attacks against him for "faking his injury", anyway.

I know people would say that he needs to put this behind him (and that I should too). But for myself I can totally understand that he would want some open clarification from the officials. I don't think it's as much about the competition itself, or his chances for winning or losing, but all the attacks on his character and honor, a word that many people nowadays maybe will find ridiculous, but which he's been known to use. Maybe it's partly cultural. Though I don't think the FFKKR will ever give him that public statement, to be honest. It leads to too many questions.

It would have been worse - much worse. People had been sharpening their knives... weeks before Russian Nationals even. Lots of "jokes" about how he would suddenly "become" injured - wink, wink, nudge, nudge - and allow Kovtun to do the individual. These people have completely forgotten they ever said anything of the kind, of course. Or so one would assume as they never mention it now...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
You are a fountain of information and truly the Plushy superfan. Thanks!! :)

The Superfan is Cekoni. She is the fountain of information. That Serbian woman is the administartor of the Plushenkonews on Twitter https://twitter.com/PlushenkoNews, Plushenko's official site http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/, the official Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/PlushenkoOfficial . Look at those! So thorough and ordered! She is the connect between the international fans and Yana, Plushy, and the Russian fans. She can speak Russian, English and French. And she is working for free!!! She received a hug and some kind, sincere words from Plushy. (Plush called her his friend in Bucharest) That is enough for her.
I just copie her informations. :eek:: But to your concrete question she answered what she believes. She believes Plushy will be in ST. Petersburg at NYE. The Snow King show in in St . Petersburgh, they are already working on it.... :)

Last edited:

whitebamboo

On the Ice
It would have been worse - much worse. People had been sharpening their knives... weeks before Russian Nationals even. Lots of "jokes" about how he would suddenly "become" injured - wink, wink, nudge, nudge - and allow Kovtun to do the individual. These people have completely forgotten they ever said anything of the kind, of course. Or so one would assume as they never mention it now...

Yes, it would have been even worse.

About before the Russian Nationals, he never gave the slightest indication, said one word about doing only the team competition at that time; it were others who were suggesting such things. So the only conclusion I can draw about those people talking that way before RN is that this was actually what they themselves wanted, but at the same time they wanted to pin the idea (and any possible scandal) on him, too. (Though I think it is possible that some of them changed their minds by Sochi, perhaps because of how much attention it had already received....)

He would never had even briefly considered withdrawing had things not already been serious after the team event. As things happened....I don't think anyone could have anticipated or imagined what actually happened, beforehand.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
True. If I were in his position, I wouldn't be able to let it go either. It's just that... To me, Evgeni Plushenko withdrawing with no real injury just flies in the face of logic. Did he want to get chewed to pieces by the media and have no potential fifth (!) medal? (Which, btw, his scores in the Team Event would've given him.) I guess I've reached a point of, "Well, we're never going to convince some people even if we gather all the evidence in the world." Hence my comment about closing the Sochi Chapter.

The Fed painted themselves into a corner with the rule clarification stuff. They couldn't withdraw Plushenko without jeopardizing the team gold (and they had no chance in hell of replicating that in individuals). There were no options left by that point.