Evgeni Plushenko | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Some info from his fans who met him at St-Peterburg airport upon arrival back from Zagreb (from his site):

"He told us that he canceled all shows "Art on Ice", to be healed in Russia. He will only have shows in Russia in March and April (I forgot to ask him to Bucharest - probably will be), and show in Japan - World Ice Prince and one in Italy (I do not know when exactly) .... Next season planned is his appearance at one Grand Prix (probably Cup of Russia), then Russian and European Championship 2014 ... so for now."

Plu will be in Japan! :yay:

What a selfish persona I am. :bow:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Some info from his fans who met him at St-Peterburg airport upon arrival back from Zagreb (from his site):

"He told us that he canceled all shows "Art on Ice", to be healed in Russia. He will only have shows in Russia in March and April (I forgot to ask him to Bucharest - probably will be), and show in Japan - World Ice Prince and one in Italy (I do not know when exactly) .... Next season planned is his appearance at one Grand Prix (probably Cup of Russia), then Russian and European Championship 2014 ... so for now."

Plu will be in Japan! :yay:

What a selfish persona I am. :bow:

Yes, you are

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/28073/

Translating

I thought about those words that were never heard by Trankov-sr yesterday, when I watched the Olympic champion, three-times world champion, seven-times European champion Evgeni Plushenko skating in Zagreb.

There is a lot of subjectivity in figure skating. Even when a champion is at his peak, it never happens that everyone likes him.There are fans of other skaters, there are people who have completely different tastes and like different skating style, there are, after all, professionals, who always see if a person has realized his full potential, having skated lights out, or underperformed, skating without much strain. Such critique can sometimes be ruthless. What should I say about times when a former star starts to wane, getting old and accumulating injuries.

Now, when Evgeni didn't show his best in the short program (more precisely, showed his worst, having placed sixth, which is totally uncharacteristical for him), and then gave up on the fight for the European podium, maybe one could still find some fault with him. But is it worth it? For many years, whatever had happened in his carrier, he was completely honest with audience: never showed a lackluster performance, for example. He did the most difficult jumps when his body let him, and when it didn't, he still went all out. Like at the Russian national championships in December, after which all Plushenko's injuries, that he accumulated over the last decade, had aggravated. Perhaps that could be avoided if he excluded at least the quads from his programs. But ... not in his character.

I listed all his titles above on purpose. Only an outsider to the sport can think that if you win once, after that gold medals start just falling into your outstretched hands. From the 1998 World championship, where Plushenko replaced Ilya Kulik and won bronze, until this season - 15 years of hardest work, injuries, victories, defeats, and endless struggle with himself. We, having criticized him for some of his doings, rarely spared a thought how difficult it must have been for him to overcome himself and find motivation when everything that he could win he had already won many times.

When an outstanding athlete tries to hold on on previously achieved level, it's hard to watch without emotions. It's the most painful moment in sport: to understand that the desire to win is still all-consuming, but resources to do it become more and more limited. But even when an athlete looks completely powerless, it's not a reason to lose respect for him. After all, it was his decision to go through that as well. Such decision is always a challenge.

Well, and as for the failed triumph in Zagreb... Maybe it was the performance that helped us to realize how much he had brought to figure skating. How much emotion he evoked not only from his fans, but also from the most notorious haters. All is left for us is to hope for his next inevitable comeback. And wish him good luck in that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_h5M81RWw&feature=player_embedded after SP

LRK

Record Breaker
Awwwwwwwww! He's the man! Words cannot express how much I love and respect him!

(It's funny, but when I read/see anything he's said I feel reassured and calmed.)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
http://fsrussia.ru/news/420_aleksan...o-nauchitsya--spravlyatsya-so-svoimi-nervami/

with Google translater

Only Plushy's part

Who has information on a possible trip to the World Cup Plushenko. I do not know about it. Before leaving Zagreb Eugene anything about it I do not say that.

- If Plushenko was in this state, whether it was necessary to go to the European Championship?

- He wanted. And the state - it is his inner feelings. Russian championship Jack packed up and rode. He - a very experienced athlete. And no one has the right to adjust its decision. Decisions should be made Plushenko and his coach.

- Does anyone monitor the process of the treatment?

- All the information about the state of health of athletes I get from our team doctor Jaroslav Bugaev. He knows it all. Usually around athletes such as Plushenko is a lot of talk and gossip. But I trust the facts and the people who are directly responsible for this. And, meet the head.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Today piter.tv aired a video interview with Mishin. He said that a couple of days later Plu will be operated in Israel where he will get an artificial disk replacement in the spine. He said Evgeni can't train properly with his current back condition, so they decided to go though the surgery. He will keep training for Sochi after reabilitation:
http://piter.tv/event/Mishin_o_Plyuschenko/

I have no idea about medical science but google makes this operation sound as something routinely trivial. In any case it's up to him and doctors. I hope he will think really well about his future.
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00502

yaya124

On the Ice

Small correction: it happened at Zagreb airport upon departure to St-Petersburg.

BTW, the surgery sounds scary even though it could be a trivial one. Wish he would recover soon.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
They say he will stay in Israel hospital for two weeks.
In 21:00 "1TV" in program "Время" (Time) will show the story about Evgeni from the hospital!

interview from hospital:
TV girl: The famous Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko who had to withdraw from the European Championship in Zagreb, was operated in the clinic in Israel. Our correspondent could meet him a few hours after the surgery. Evgeni said that before and during EC he was in pain, didn' feel his legs and couldn't properly train.

Plu: Now I am feeling like after the operation. Of course I feel some pain but in general I feel good. My attempt to skate at Euro was a risk. But I have always been a risky athlete who is going to his goal no matter how much it takes.

TV girl: Now Plu and his team are thinking about Sochi, if he can compete there at the proper level.

Doctor: I think with what spine I saw it's difficult to live, not to skate only. I think he is a person of a real will if he could skate with such pain. He had a severe distruction of his disk, but not the disk only. His intervertebral joints, connecting cords were all in awful conditions.

TV girl: Usually people after such an operation can barely leave the bed. But Evgeni started walking.

Plu (smiling happily): You see, they operated me yesterday, but today I can walk a little.

TV girl: The detailed report from Israel' clinic see tomorrow in our News progs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGH7bl3Hzo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: