Evgeni Plushenko | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Thank you for the links.

Johnny skated beautifully (mistake on the throw aside), but it seemed a little... "regular Johnny Weir skating in exotic outfit." I'm not sure what else he could've done, but there has to be a way to bring some Peking Opera flavour to the ice.

I liked the touch in the opening where Plushy skates while with Tessa and Scott (I think it's them? Video is unclear) are doing their spin. Lol, can't even tell the outfit is snakeskin though! Just one big glare of silver under the lights. Plushy, I thought you retired the MJ Medley outfit! :laugh: Second group number's pretty cool though--nice Butterfly Lovers touch.

Could someone explain this to me? Angle? Lighting? 'cause it looks like he broke some high jump records (and landed on the moon!) :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Maybe if Johnny's program was just a minute or two longer, they could have told more of a story and fleshed out the characters a little more. I like the concept but just wanted it to go a little bit further.

I wonder when/if it the show will be aired on Chinese tv...I assume it will, since it has been aired in the past. Fancams are nice and immediate, but quality video that isn't shaky and blurry would be great. ;)

No idea what's going on in that photo, but it looks very cool!

LRK

Record Breaker
^Thank you for the links.

Johnny skated beautifully (mistake on the throw aside), but it seemed a little... "regular Johnny Weir skating in exotic outfit." I'm not sure what else he could've done, but there has to be a way to bring some Peking Opera flavour to the ice.

I liked the touch in the opening where Plushy skates while with Tessa and Scott (I think it's them? Video is unclear) are doing their spin. Lol, can't even tell the outfit is snakeskin though! Just one big glare of silver under the lights. Plushy, I thought you retired the MJ Medley outfit! :laugh: Second group number's pretty cool though--nice Butterfly Lovers touch.

Could someone explain this to me? Angle? Lighting? 'cause it looks like he broke some high jump records (and landed on the moon!) :laugh:

If only... why, even the golden one would have been preferable to this... whatever-it-is....:slink:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Really? It looked less offensive under rink lights + crappy fancam. In the sense that you can't see the blah design at all and everyone just looked like blobs of mercury...

Maybe if Johnny's program was just a minute or two longer, they could have told more of a story and fleshed out the characters a little more. I like the concept but just wanted it to go a little bit further.

I wonder when/if it the show will be aired on Chinese tv...I assume it will, since it has been aired in the past. Fancams are nice and immediate, but quality video that isn't shaky and blurry would be great. ;)
That seems to be my feeling for both of Johnny's programs recently. I was really looking forward to the Bollywood program when I saw the practice video, but the full performance was a little... underwhelming in how much Bollywood dance elements he incorporated (though he did incorporate some). I felt even more strongly about it in the Artistry on Ice performance, because I don't see any story or Peking Opera influence at all (beyond the outfits). Beautiful elements from Johnny, but they're all just typical FS moves put together. I don't blame him so much as whoever choreographed/organized the thing though. Don't they have some experts on hand?

Whew, sorry for the rant. I was really looking forward to a story on ice! I hope Plushy's fairy tale show delivers on that front. ;)

I, too, look forward to a TV broadcast. Fancams are of such varying quality.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yeah, I'm not sure who choreographed Johnny's program. I also wonder how much his costume and headgear limited his moves. It certainly looks striking in photos, but I wouldn't want to try to jump in that outfit.

I recently saw an interview with Tomas Verner where he mentioned he was involved in an upcoming project with Plushenko (he wasn't sure if he could say exactly what it was, but I'm fairly certain now that he meant the circus/fairy tale show). I wouldn't be surprised if Plushy invites Johnny and Stephane to be a part of it as well - it seems right up their alley.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^^ Agreed!

Here is Plushy in his costume from the second group number. These are really...something...:laugh: He looks like a steward on a cruise ship.

LRK

Record Breaker
^^^ Agreed!

Here is Plushy in his costume from the second group number. These are really...something...:laugh: He looks like a steward on a cruise ship.

The gowns worn by the ladies in that number are really pretty, though. :) I actually really liked the second group number. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
@Gallavich
Woah. Whoever filmed this has some pretty impressive equipment. If all fancams looked like this... :yes:

Hmm, looking at that footwork sequence... I actually wouldn't mind if he decided to make a whole program out of Scheherazade. I mean, I'm not suggesting it because I don't think it'll go over well with the rest of the world, but I would be happy to see it. :)

@LRK
I still scratch my head a little whenever I'm reminded of Plushy's love for golf. I mean, isn't it the most placid sport ever?

LRK

Record Breaker
I'd rather watch golf than cycling. :) And "by rather watch" I mean, that I can watch a few minutes without going out of my skull with boredom - I can summon up the bit of curiosity to wonder if the ball will go in or not - and that is far more than I can do for cycling. ;)

As for Plushy - maybe it's... soothing? He can concentrate and focus, and yet relax?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'd rather watch golf than... I dunno, maybe baseball? Actually, no, I'd probably take baseball if I have to choose between the two. I'll fall asleep either way though.

Well, the one big attraction of golf: You can play it at any age. :biggrin: So it's perfect for Plushy's pursuit of longevity.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I posted this on the AoI thread, but just in case anyone missed it:

@PlushenkoNews: "Artistry on ice" show from Guangzhou should be aired LIVE over internet 01.08. in 20:00 (local time) on this link:

http://www.azhibo.com/zhibo/pptvtiyuzhonghezhibo1-flv-47150.html

If my math is correct, it's 5am PST Fri. morning for me. :confused: I don't like waking up that early, but I'll try. Presumably a much more reasonable hour for those in Europe.

As for Plushy taking up golf...I don't know if he ever met a sport he doesn't like. I guess I haven't seen him playing baseball or basketball...too American for him? :slink:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, this doesn't actually have anything to do with the previous comments, but I've been working on a Plushy Plush and finally got it to my liking and just had to post a picture of the finished product.

It's not what you'd call a masterpiece, but I still like it a whole lot!

Hope you all like it! :)