Evgeni Plushenko | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess I could try using Google translator...it couldn't bungle a simple question like that too badly, could it? I have nothing to lose, for sure...

LRK

Record Breaker
Actually, I'm more worried that questions in English would simply be ignored, since whoever is managing the whole thing doesn't want to figure out what we're trying to say.

Well, if they ignore it - they'll ignore it. But give them the choice, rather than for there to be nothing for them to ignore... ;)

Or try galiavich's method... though beware sheepskins and greenhouses! ;)

fure

Rinkside
Don't worry, it seems that someone has already asked that question.

(Google translated:)
October 15, 2014 14:53
At the Olympics in Sochi on you very warmly praised and supported American and Canadian skaters: Michele Kwan, Kurt Browning and Evan Lysacek. What do you think why? Are you going to travel to the United States with performances, because, as far as I know, you're there for a long time did not act.

Julia, teacher (Kharkiv)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is it too late to ask a question? Can I still ask one?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, if they ignore it - they'll ignore it. But give them the choice, rather than for there to be nothing for them to ignore... ;)

Or try galiavich's method... though beware sheepskins and greenhouses! ;)

Familiar with triple sheepskins but what the devil are greenhouses?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

At the Olympics in Sochi on you very warmly praised and supported American and Canadian skaters: Michele Kwan, Kurt Browning and Evan Lysacek. What do you think why? Are you going to travel to the United States with performances, because, as far as I know, you're there for a long time did not act.

Julia, teacher (Kharkiv)

I can answer to two questions

-Michele and Plushy like each other..
-Evan said Plushy is the ideal skater for him...

Kurt was very polite. They were in same shows not once. He said Plushy's skating isn't his cup of tea, but he never would go to a sandwich when Plushy skates.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Julia, teacher (Kharkiv)

Thank you for the heads up!

karne - looks like the form is still available to submit questions (but I don't think much time is left...if my time zones are straight)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no! :cry:

Please, can someone ask him if hewill come to Australia? I can't get to the link on my phone!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I can answer to two questions

-Michele and Plushy like each other..
-Evan said Plushy is the ideal skater for him...

Kurt was very polite. They were in same shows not once. He said Plushy's skating isn't his cup of tea, but he never would go to a sandwich when Plushy skates.

Plushy in Sochi:

"Of course I would like to say a lot of thanks to Michelle Kwan,'' he said. "She supported me all the time, and I saw her here. (Also), thank you very much to Evan Lysacek, who also supported me."

https://twitter.com/MichelleWKwan/status/433546830610055169 -How do Olympic Champs relax before competing? A little futbol!

https://twitter.com/EvanLysacek/status/433509923310567424-Plushenko having rough practice. 4T looks 👍 3axel giving him trouble. Have never seen him fall so much. Worried bout his back. Careful Plush

"In my opinion, Eugene looks fine - started talking Lysacek. I would even say that externally it looks much better than four years ago in Vancouver. Not only in terms of muscle, by the way. I know what a ride home at such large events. It - your country, your ice and your audience. And a whole lot more serious corre t liability than when you ride in a foreign country. And I really want to see how Eugene will be performing."

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh! The link was still working when I got home from work! :yay:

LRK

Record Breaker
Familiar with triple sheepskins but what the devil are greenhouses?

You may well ask! ;) Pair skater, apparently. I came across it when reading the google translated article on Brian and his pair skating (possible) plans - it was quite funny to read how he wanted to become a greenhouse, and how difficult it was to become a greenhouse, &c. Makes me snicker a little, I confess! :)

(And yet, can you believe, there are people who implicitly believe in what they read via googletranslate, to the point of discussing nuances of statements &c? I'm thankful for googletranslate, and I shan't pretend otherwise - but one must always have a salt cellar at hand to apply at need. :) )

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm reading the google translated ( ;) ) interview just now

let`s talk@00LT · 6 timför 6 timmar sedan
Today's Plu live online interview http://doverennielitsa.ru/liveinterview/evgenij-plyuschenko-o-populyarizatsii-figurnogo-ka/13

And here's some more details on the Snow King:

Will the show "Snow King" Your solo full of numbers? What kind of music used in this show? Heard in the teaser, which is very beautiful! Irina. Fan of Eugene since 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, will be solo numbers, and not only me, but also for Brian Joubert, and Irina Slutskaya, and other top skaters. Tale will last one hour and twenty. We do two compartments, two actions. Music written specifically for our tale. My task in this show - not just to sew costumes and put a fairy tale, and all should be perfected. There are several rooms, as we dance with ballet and all do the same, my goal - to show that all the guys ride is very cool. I watched a lot of works, many views on the ice, but 80 percent of them are jumping one double toe loop and all. We seeks to show the highest level of all elements. Participants of the show should have a good round, a good roll, it's ice show, ice fairy tale. Our goal - to deliver a super-tale show with elements of figure skating of the highest class. And for this purpose have been invited top skaters worldwide scale.

Now back to reading...

LRK

Record Breaker
And here is what he has to say about plans to skate in America:

As of today, I'm not going to act in America. But I have such a desire, in view of the fact that now I am preparing a big project called "Snow King" - is a family tale for children and adults with elements of acrobatics, stunts on ice magic. I want to show it to the world, not only in the United States. In Moscow, the show will see the December 5.

ETA - More on the tour:

Hello, Eugene! Please tell us more about the international tour of the show "Snow King" after Moscow and St. Petersburg: country, city, tentative dates. Very important. Thank you! Good luck! Nelly, 42 years old, housewife

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specifically, the program tour, I can tell a little bit later, after the show will premiere. Now we will deal with proumouterami, distributors across the country. With regard to the international program, but now I can say that the show will see in China, Japan, South Korea and European countries. As I said, it is a world show, so we will go across the country and around the world.

@karne - I couldn't find any question/answer about Australia - I'm so sorry!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Fascinating interview...so much to talk about, but this part was golden:

Besides Yagudin, I talk to everyone. Generally, Yagudin for me does not exist after the Sochi Olympics, when they Ilya Averbuch shouting in the press and on television that Plushenko did wrong: as he withdrew from the competition, we did not do so. Did it, knowing that I broke the screw in the spine, they claimed that I will be performing in shows, even though I did not. Therefore, to have the person does not exist. It existed before, it was the perfect athlete, but as a person he is not worth my little finger, even the nail on his little finger.

I was pleased that he talked about his respect for Voronov and Menshov (at least I think it's supposed to read Konstantin Menshov and not "Alexander Menchov," lol), and the nice things he had to say about Jason & Brian, as well.

A short Plushy interview from the Japan Open: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zOVkAQaSA

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, a few other favourite parts:

Eugene, you said that you like Jason Brown. But this is not the skater performs a quadruple jump, which he appeals to you? And how do you feel about Alexander Petrov, what are the prospects, in your opinion? Alena

Jason Brown decent athlete. He has charisma, excellent skiing, stretching. He makes an interesting tricks elements, so he and interesting. As for Petrov, this young athlete, just a beginner and it is now necessary to prove what he can do, to show its potential. And, of course, if you want to be a leader, you have to make a few quads. A few months ago I was in Japan and rode there with Yuzuru Hanyu, the current Olympic champion. So he makes in training four quads and makes them simple.

You say we have the athletes or not? We have them and they have a good level, but can be as long as they do not reach the level of Yuzuru Hanyu, Javier Fernandez. And the athletes they are and will be.

And also, since people claim that all he cares about is jumps:

Hello, Eugene! Figure skating a multifaceted sport, I think it far more components than in many others. So why is it that the greatest attention is paid to jump? After what he did in his time Yagudin that now make Patrick Chan and Jeremy Abbott and other component skaters (saturated track elements, combined rotation, in addition to jumping), also very exhausting demands of hard training, and are capable of it, not all . How to determine what the main thing in figure skating, and whether this is important at all? Thank you for your response. Student

When we went to the same Yagudin, we had a problem does not make the slightest error on the jumps. If someone made this mistake, then he lost. We were the first to enter into the program Lesha two quads. Then there was the machinery and paid little attention to the rotation, sliding, footwork. And if we now take these tracks steps, the program they take 30-40 seconds, and before we flew for 10-15 seconds. Now a completely different figure skating and it seems to me that it has become much more interesting. At least now began to pay attention and jump, and rotations, and tracks, and transitions, and outputs, and sliding. Now all the items involved in figure skating, and much earlier did not pay attention. Now you should be able to ride in different directions, and before all basically rolled to one side. Therefore, in my opinion, figure skating now much more interesting, even for a figure skater. As for jumping? How not to pay attention to them? This is one of the main components. And it's great that now all this has changed. And if before in Vancouver thought important to be able to ride, but now more and you should be able to jump. And I have a great respect and thanks to all the athletes who after 2010 began learning the quads.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Girls, I just read the whole interview... :thumbsup: I came here and I read your posts. You brought the most interesting parts.. ;) !!! I wanted to bring those parts, too :yes:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Besides Yagudin, I talk to everyone. Generally, Yagudin for me does not exist after the Sochi Olympics, when they Ilya Averbuch shouting in the press and on television that Plushenko did wrong: as he withdrew from the competition, we did not do so. Did it, knowing that I broke the screw in the spine, they claimed that I will be performing in shows, even though I did not. Therefore, to have the person does not exist. It existed before, it was the perfect athlete, but as a person he is not worth my little finger, even the nail on his little finger.

Doris: Please do not bash other skaters or fans of other skaters in Fan Fest threads

Ok. I know. But this is not bashing this is the fact. http://www.forbes.ru/news/251023-pranker-vzyal-na-sebya-otvetstvennost-za-zvonok-yagudinu-s-ugrozami

After Sochi Yagudin was pranked by a Russian comedian. The comedian called as "Yana" and asked why Yag gives negative comments on Plu....
Yag said he gives his opinion. No threats or whatever was given to him. 5 minutes later the comedian called and said the call from "Yana" was a joke. Yag was upset and asked if all this gonna be in the internet tomorrow the comedian said yes.
Later hysterical tweets from Yag about "threats" from Yana&Zhenya polluted the Net. The commedian says he is surprised with such reaction from Yagudin. When Yagudin was sending tweets he already knew that the "Yana's" call was the comedian's joke.
The comedian says Yagudin probably decided to make some extra PR on Zhenya&Yana, using that call from comedian.

Yagudin's tweet https://twitter.com/yagudinofficial/status/435591464924774400

in english: Lawlessness continues !!! If me or any of my family something happens, blame and Zhenyu Yana and their surroundings !!!! :sarcasm::disagree: :no::frown:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The thing I don't really understand is that Yagudin was in Plushy's "Just 30!" show - it really seemed like they had put the rivalry in the past and were on good terms. So what changed between then & Sochi?

I noticed Plushy said he plans to skate in the gala at the Rostelecom Cup. :yay:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The thing I don't really understand is that Yagudin was in Plushy's "Just 30!" show - it really seemed like they had put the rivalry in the past and were on good terms. So what changed between then & Sochi?

I noticed Plushy said he plans to skate in the gala at the Rostelecom Cup. :yay:

Yagudin skates in Averbukh show. Ilia has a monopoly. His show is the only one in Russia today. His show of seen on TV etc.. Plushy planned 60 shows in all parts of Russia. It would have been great concurrency.

Yes, he will skate at COR. And he will give master-classes in Japan.

Plushenko's answers on questions of people on the site http://doverennielitsa.ru/ - Google translator:https://translate.google.com/transl...-o-populyarizatsii-figurnogo-ka/13&edit-text=

(longer Plushenko's interview, while he playing billiard ;) RT @vera23710: Вести Санкт-Петербург 16.10.2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_hGSeBKOT4

Look at his hair...longer..;)

Plushy thanked the questions
Evgeni Plushenko @EvgeniPlushenko · 53m 53 minutes ago

Спасибо всем огромное за вопросы! http://doverennielitsa.ru/liveinterview/evgenij-plyuschenko-o-populyarizatsii-figurnogo-ka/13 … За теплые слова и доброту! ( Thank you all very much for questions! http://doverennielitsa.ru/liveinterview/evgenij-plyuschenko-o-populyarizatsii-figurnogo-ka/13 … For the warm words and kindness!" )

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yagudin skates in Averbukh show. Ilia has a monopoly. His show is the only one in Russia today. His show of seen on TV etc.. Plushy planned 60 shows in all parts of Russia. It would have been great concurrency.

So you think that Yagudin backs up whatever Averbukh says because he is employed by him? I don't understand why a massive country like Russia (or the US, for that matter) can only support one touring ice show...that's ridiculous.

Johnny Weir posted that tomorrow is a "media day" for the Snow King - I guess a press conference, interviews, etc. Something else to look forward to. :)