Evgeni Plushenko | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

Meoima

Match Penalty
So you think that Yagudin backs up whatever Averbukh says because he is employed by him? I don't understand why a massive country like Russia (or the US, for that matter) can only support one touring ice show...that's ridiculous.
Johnny Weir posted that tomorrow is a "media day" for the Snow King - I guess a press conference, interviews, etc. Something else to look forward to. :)
I still don't think that's the only reason, though. But anyways just forget them, they're aldults and they have to be responsible for what they've said. at least the Russian men don't play saints, as some skaters I know, sudder.

I am looking forwards to Johnny, I wonder what he will wear in tomorrow media conference, lol.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
@karne - I couldn't find any question/answer about Australia - I'm so sorry!

:cry:

Well, I suppose the answer about America kind of answers it. He's not going to America, so no chance of him coming here. *sadly goes back to counting pennies*

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
So you think that Yagudin backs up whatever Averbukh says because he is employed by him? I don't understand why a massive country like Russia (or the US, for that matter) can only support one touring ice show...that's ridiculous.

Johnny Weir posted that tomorrow is a "media day" for the Snow King - I guess a press conference, interviews, etc. Something else to look forward to. :)

Yes, I think. I know between Ilia and Zhenya's team was conflict in the past. And Plush said this in his interviews up to now he didn't say names . The other reason is the envy. I follow Yag and Plush in the Russian media and in the social media, too. Alexei is a great star but doesn't come close to Zhenya. Since Volvo Cup Alexei did 14 interviews plus the talkshows in the TV channells. He hardly attacked Plush .

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=86925

OMG! OMG!

Evgeni Plushenko: I continue to be an active athlete

Today, 17 October, on a federal basis "Navagorsk" held an open rehearsal of the unique ice show twice Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko - the fairy tale "Snow King". Evgeni Plushenko (pictured) told the special correspondent of the Agency of sport information "All Sport" Mary Staroverova about the show and shared his plans for the future.

- This project was born a long time ago - said Plushenko. - Just could not manage to implement it - I was always in sports. But now I'm missing a few of the sports season, so I decided to make a gift to the world. This show is a fairy tale "Snow King" based on Andersen's fairy tale "The Snow Queen." We have altered it a bit, added a lot of tricks - on the ice will be magic. The show will be attended by our famous illusionists Brothers Safronov, recognized as the best in Europe. Will teleportation, I will come and go on the ice. Prepared many decorations, will be larger monitors. Kaya will be Johnny Weir, Gerda - Irina Slutskaya. Tale will last one and a half hours in two acts. The budget is huge, I put my own money, which earned the show and sport. I think it would be fun for kids and adults. I watched a lot of stories and shows, and some did not cause any interest in children. I have a family show. Emphasis on dancing, on a good ride. Ira Slutskaya, Tomas Verner, Johnny Weir, Brian Joubert and others will perform the most complex elements of figure skating. Plus we have flights involved circus. I wanted to do something big, so I was not ashamed to show the world. The premiere will take place on December 5 in Moscow. Then go around the world. But most importantly - will visit the Russian regions. Show the project throughout the country.

- You take on the role and figure skater and choreographer?
- The project involves 220 people, 180 sewed costumes, made ​​incredible 3D decoration. The Chief - choreographer David Avdysh, with whom I have been working for 20 years. Assistant director - Nikita Mikhailov, a former figure skater. His people I will never forget. Apart from them, work on the floor a few choreographers. I'm a skater, my goal - to show a good ride, I play jump 3.5 turns, different stages. More in any fairy tale ever seen. The task - to promote figure skating to more children came out on the ice. Naturally, I was one of the directors tale, but it is nowhere stated will not. This is my first experience. I've never worked with so many professional athletes. I was lucky, our team - like one big family. Before setting up all I said, "Guys, we have to do it all together. This is not only my project, we must do it together for everyone. "I'm sure we'll get great, everyone will enjoy. It was on my show your pair skating for the first time show Katarina Gerboldt and Brian Joubert. The guys all turns out well, they are already doing emissions, good support. True, Brian was not with us, he performed in France in the show "Dancing on the dance floor." But he was to join us tomorrow. And in the future I want to draw athletes such as Mao Osada, Carolina Kostner, Stephane Lambiel. We will come to it and do it. ( So in Japan Mao will skate es Gerda in Europe Carolina, and Lambel sometimes will change the guys???? )

- Today you have brought to the ice of his youngest son, Sasha. Want to become a figure skater?
- Sasha today took the ice for the first time! He surprised me and amazed. Not afraid of anything. Began to walk, stomp, run across the ice. I was very interested in this watch. With regard to professional skating, figure skating choice as a sport - most likely, I will not give up his son. Too well I know this sport. I want to go with Sasha a little different life, a different sport. I do not know yet what, but I think it should be a game. I'm sure he will absolutely any sport. I see him for football, hockey, tennis and golf. But at the same Sasha will ride, I taught him the elements. But a professional skater - no. If he wants to? Perehochetsya!

- What are your other plans for this season?
- There are so many. But they all relate to a demonstration performance. I only have 50 shows in Japan. Contracts have been signed for the show in China, North Korea, European countries. And with the fairy tale "Snow King" we're going around the world. It turns out that I completely clogged. This is the busiest season. Besides, I have never been a project like my story. Here I put all my soul, life. We stand on the ice from morning till night, all're learning and sharpen. Another important area that I'm working on - school named Plushenko. But I want to not just give away your name, I want to work there, bring your team. There is a great desire not to leave Russia, although many proposals to train foreign athletes. I think that with my experience and patriotism need to develop and promote figure skating. Especially built a huge number of rollers. Ready to continue to move our athletes at the world level.

- But you do not give up the dream to make another one Olympics?
- Two months ago, I was in China - and made a quadruple toe loop. If I did it two months ago, imagine what can be created in two years! I rode a huge number of shows with complex elements. Parallel to train every day. With the back now it's all right, everything has healed. I remain an active athlete.

Sasha was on ice today http://instagram.com/p/uQLb37FSJN/ and http://instagram.com/p/uQKe8SFSHr/ :love:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:cry:

Well, I suppose the answer about America kind of answers it. He's not going to America, so no chance of him coming here. *sadly goes back to counting pennies*
I think our chances depend heavily on how the tour goes in Europe/Asia.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh my the Snow King has 220 people in total?? :jaw: what a bomb!!! Definitely they will have to publish a DVD!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Wait. He's going to North Korea? Over the US? :confused:

I would love to see Mao or Stephane in the show...and I didn't know Nikita was involved. He's cute. :eek::

LRK

Record Breaker
Wouldn't South Korea be more likely? :scratch: Maybe it's a typo?

I like the "only 50 shows" as well. ;)

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Actually it is not like anyone is not allowed to visit North Korea, but need to go with a "guide". I haven't been there so not sure how it feels like, but some of my friends did visit there. Having said that, I think it is more likely a typo?

But wait, what's the 50 shows in Japan? Since June he's been in 13 shows in Japan, so... 37 shows remaining? Is it even possible?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So... is he really going to North Korea, or is it a typo? He said Korea during the Q&A but I don't remember it being North Korea. Anyway, I'm sad he's going there instead of US/Canada...

On the other hand, I finally understand why he's making a fairytale show and including difficult elements. Seemed kinda counter-intuitive... but I guess it's to attract kids? (Now, that begs the question of whether kids can tell the difference between a toe and an axel, but...)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

VeredRoyz

Rinkside
BS'D

I love Evgeni; he's charming, devoted and fabulous! He"s the King on Ice! I've seen him on Stockholm Ice 2010 and 2011; memories for life! Zhenya fan forever! Nuff said...

Kind regards,
Leye-Shprintse <3

LRK

Record Breaker
So... is he really going to North Korea, or is it a typo? He said Korea during the Q&A but I don't remember it being North Korea. Anyway, I'm sad he's going there instead of US/Canada...

On the other hand, I finally understand why he's making a fairytale show and including difficult elements. Seemed kinda counter-intuitive... but I guess it's to attract kids? (Now, that begs the question of whether kids can tell the difference between a toe and an axel, but...)

Tsk, Sandpiper! You're clearly not paying attention - it's for kids AND adults. The fairy tale is for the children - and the axels are for the grown ups. (And then there are people like me who enjoy both - but then, I always did say that I'd never grow up, and that way, people would not be able to tell where my first childhood ended, and my second begun. ;) )

LRK

Record Breaker
BS'D

I love Evgeni; he's charming, devoted and fabulous! He"s the King on Ice! I've seen him on Stockholm Ice 2010 and 2011; memories for life! Zhenya fan forever! Nuff said...

Kind regards,
Leye-Shprintse <3

Hear, hear! So true! :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
BS'D

Kind regards,
Leye-Shprintse <3

Welcome! :)